Yes-Prodestant 18%  18%  [ 40 ]
Yes- Other 21%  21%  [ 47 ]
No 52%  52%  [ 114 ]
Total votes : 220

Zancaur
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 May 2008, 5:37 pm

As for the Christian faith, I refuse to believe that you can acknowledge a god who claims his love to be unconditional, yet wishes for you to burn in hell's fire for all eternity if you do the slightest thing to provoke him (he is almighty, why should he even care if you are gay, use a curse word etc.?), and not be ignorant.
Even if he were real, I would fight such a tyrant (and his followers) by any means necessary.

VioletClementine
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 May 2008, 5:47 pm

ebec11 wrote:
I'm becoming a Buddist. I'm extremely interested in the religion and I have most of their beliefs.

I'm Buddhist! :)

I was raised by a family of fanatical Catholics. I'm okay with religious people, as long as they don't tell me I'm wrong because I don't share their beliefs...or tell me I'm "condemned for Hell for not accepting Jesus as my savior".

I'm not religious, but that doesn't mean I don't have moral values!

angelbread22
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 May 2008, 12:00 pm

Yes, I have a relationship with God. I’m not into religion exactly. I go to an amazing church and Christian rock has become almost an obsession. God saved my life –literally. So even if he didn’t love me so much, I’d still be in his eternal debt. But instead he adopted me when no one else would. He calls us to be warriors of prayer, saints, and to go all out for him. So, I don’t approve of the normal way people think of ‘religion’. Religion is an excuse. A relationship with the guy who created this world, calls us to battle for him, and still finds the time to look out for me in the midst of all that is simply astounding. God is real, and he’s here. People see him everyday, even if you don’t always feel him. That’s why it’s called faith. It’s believing in the impossible, the unseen, and fighting against odds far tougher than we could ever imagine. Anyways, just thought I’d speak up and say something. Seriously though, what’s the use in being all pessimistic about it? *grins while stuffing her face full of her second casserole* Love you guys bunches!

Godrules272
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 May 2008, 4:23 pm

First off, hey L (angelbread22). I second your belief. I hate religion. I love God. People get on my nerves but I can't help but find myself loving them. This whole argument makes so many people angry, inflamed, bigoted, dog-gone 'grr-ness'. Ugh. And when I say 'people' I mean those who say they are Christians, atheists, agnostics, etc. I mean everyone. I mean the WORLD. Ahem. Anyways. People get so caught up with arguing- even when they say people should just love others. Netish- I love all you're saying. And I can understand you frustration. But where's the love? Atheists in General- Faith is hard but if someone who loves you says to do something, you'll typically trust them. Also, you say God is some hateful being but truthfully, y'all ain't being to nice yourselves. (Yes, I know- 'y'all' and 'ain't'. I talk how I speak and live in Tennessee. 'Nuff said.)

So, instead of being mad at everyone in here, the hypocrisy that is running rampant on all sides, the hate and bashing, I am saddened. It depresses me. It makes my heart ache. Some may ask, 'Why? Why sad over a forum, over people she doesn't even know?' It's because God has put in my heart a love and empathy for people. I'm not perfect- I can be a hateful hypocrite as can we all. And it's hard for me to show love. But when some of you talk about your painful childhoods, about things that have made you feel pain, about believing that God wasn't there for you, it hurts me. Why? Here's where it gets interesting- because it hurts the God who loves us and offers us healing and forgiveness (Offers meaning we choose whether or not to accept). He says so in His Word. Look up 'love' in a Concordance Bible- it's so cool the verses you'll find.

Also, people keep on saying how they will not believe a 2000 year old book. First off, the Bible is far older than 2000 years when you consider the Old Testament. Secondly, if you do not at least believe in some of the Bible's obvious historical facts, then you should not believe in any other aged historical document. Just because something is old does not make it untrue. My Granny died at an old age. She was the most truth-telling women I know. Her memories were as old as her but that didn't make them lies. Just some food for thought.

I had other thoughts but they kept getting whosafudged and messy. Like browny batter- annoying and messy to put in a pan but os so yummy.

Oh, yeah! A quote I love that I found on another forum-based site.

"Evil does not exist, or at least it does not exist unto itself.
Evil is simply the absence of God.
It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God.
God did not create evil.
Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart.
It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light."

Well...I liked it anyways...

Love me, hate me, bash me, hug me *braces for impact*, but don't judge me- period.

angelbread22
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 May 2008, 4:27 pm

*squeals and hugs* I wuvs you!

Last edited by angelbread22 on 07 May 2008, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godrules272
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 May 2008, 5:07 pm

Ach! A hug!! *thanks muses for reminding her to brace herself*
8O

EtherealBallet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Nov 2012, 2:35 am

Yes-Other
I have not decided upon what church I will go to...
Truly I love God very dearly and so I do consider myself devout. If faith gives me anything it is faith. I like to learn about the saints and no one has yet resonated so deeply within me as St.Jeanne/Joan (La Pucelle/The Maid or Darc/of Arc or Romee) I consider her my role model and she inspires me to love Jesus with all my heart and pray deeply as well as to follow my dreams and do what is right no matter what others think. I often feel deep emotion and love, it uplifts me... Saying this I hope I do not offend anyone because religion is very touchy, but truly I do not see any flaws in this writing. Truly I think what I have said is how I feel, I never have talked about anything other. Whatever you choose I wish you the best so that you might be content with your beliefs, in or not in religion.

iggy64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Nov 2012, 5:08 pm

There is no proof that god exists, but there is also no proof that god doesn't exist.
However, I like to think that if there was a god, he/she/it would sort out the world and stop all the religious wars and such. At the minute, it seems that religion causes more wars than it creates ( although I know there is a significant proportion of the world who are pacifists leading their lives and worshipping their god without causing any trouble, of course).

mesmerize
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Nov 2012, 9:02 pm

i think you could call me that. but only to an extent. and there are other things i belive in

mesmerize
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Nov 2012, 9:08 pm

Godrules272 wrote:

Oh, yeah! A quote I love that I found on another forum-based site.

"Evil does not exist, or at least it does not exist unto itself.
Evil is simply the absence of God.
It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God.
God did not create evil.
Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart.
It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light."

if you like that quote you would probably like to read St. Augustine and Tomas Aquinas

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2012, 5:53 pm

VioletClementine wrote:
ebec11 wrote:
I'm becoming a Buddist. I'm extremely interested in the religion and I have most of their beliefs.

I'm Buddhist! :)

I was raised by a family of fanatical Catholics. I'm okay with religious people, as long as they don't tell me I'm wrong because I don't share their beliefs...or tell me I'm "condemned for Hell for not accepting Jesus as my savior".

I'm not religious, but that doesn't mean I don't have moral values!

Buddhists are also"religious people"

btw this thread is not a flame war. its just asking if there are any devout Christians on here. Most of the "mainstream" religions followers have heard from the ministries of the new atheism, thank you very much.

Im not hating on the atheists, but anyone who starts complaining about Christianity on a thread FINDING the christians.

Yes i enjoy debating religion myself, but theres a time and place

EtherealBallet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Nov 2012, 6:29 pm

angelbread22 wrote:
That’s why it’s called faith. It’s believing in the impossible, the unseen, and fighting against odds far tougher than we could ever imagine.
This part is one of the most inspiring things I ever read. the last part I underlined just because that part speaks to me the most. I just wanted to say I think you said something really amazing.

Cei
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Dec 2012, 5:22 am

Nambo wrote:
Do you worship your religion or God?

This is actually something that's been on my mind for a while, so hey, thanks for the post, good food for thought.

Also, I gotta say, seems kinda obnoxious to complain about people being Christian in a thread looking for Christians.

(But it is hilarious when people say things like "religion is terrible and makes people shove their views at others and be intolerant, you're terrible and stupid for being religious!" because it's ironic as heck, and well, haters gonna hate.)

(Not that I'm Christian myself.)

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2012, 6:15 pm

Cei wrote:
Nambo wrote:
Do you worship your religion or God?

This is actually something that's been on my mind for a while, so hey, thanks for the post, good food for thought.

Also, I gotta say, seems kinda obnoxious to complain about people being Christian in a thread looking for Christians.

(But it is hilarious when people say things like "religion is terrible and makes people shove their views at others and be intolerant, you're terrible and stupid for being religious!" because it's ironic as heck, and well, haters gonna hate.)

(Not that I'm Christian myself.)

Exactly, just because you're not Christian doesnt mean you cant make a worthwhile post in this thread.
Haters gonna hate. true dat.

Zaswe12
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Dec 2012, 3:41 am

Do Mormons count? I haven't gone for a few years, because of social problems, but I over those and ready to get back to going.

Bezeone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Dec 2012, 11:50 pm

Ever since I welcomed Jesus in my life since around 9-10 years old, I was, is, and with God's strength and mercy, I may always be a Christian to the very end! :D