100 things about NT teens you don't understand

Page 11 of 14 [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 6:55 pm

KatherineBates wrote:
I don't understand why they get so interested in stupid TV programmes like The Only Way Is Essex even less than cool stuff like science.

I also don't understand why they lie so much, saying they'll do something and then not do it.

And why they judge people so quickly.

And how they make friends so easily and talk to/know so many people.

How they can like a wide range of things (e.g. they can like movies AND football AND painting their nails AND going skiing etc..) without getting bored of some of them. Also with food e.g. they could eat a croissant for breakfast one day, toast the next, then cereal the next, fruit the day after that, a cereal bar the next day - it's so random!

How they find small talk so easy. I wish I could master small talk.

I agree with all those!

I would like to add...........

-Why they are so into romance (feel the NEED to have a boyfriend/girlfriend at ALL TIMES and can only keep them for 2 weeks)

-Why they text people who are sitting right across from them at the lunch table

-Why they swear every second word and use such unintelligent language

-Why they care so much about parties (and why they think a party requires everyone to get blackout drunk)

-Why they can be so racist at times

I am sure there is more, but I can't think of them.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

CaliforniaSh33p
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 May 2012, 1:09 pm

I never got the whole "popular" thing... Who cares about that>? I really don't understand it! All the kids at my school "strive" to be popular and then don't even care about work... School is NOT a "20 most popular" thing! =/

CaliforniaSh33p
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 May 2012, 1:11 pm

ocdgirl123 wrote:
KatherineBates wrote:
I don't understand why they get so interested in stupid TV programmes like The Only Way Is Essex even less than cool stuff like science.

I also don't understand why they lie so much, saying they'll do something and then not do it.

And why they judge people so quickly.

And how they make friends so easily and talk to/know so many people.

How they can like a wide range of things (e.g. they can like movies AND football AND painting their nails AND going skiing etc..) without getting bored of some of them. Also with food e.g. they could eat a croissant for breakfast one day, toast the next, then cereal the next, fruit the day after that, a cereal bar the next day - it's so random!

How they find small talk so easy. I wish I could master small talk.

I agree with all those!

I would like to add...........

-Why they are so into romance (feel the NEED to have a boyfriend/girlfriend at ALL TIMES and can only keep them for 2 weeks)

-Why they text people who are sitting right across from them at the lunch table

-Why they swear every second word and use such unintelligent language

-Why they care so much about parties (and why they think a party requires everyone to get blackout drunk)

-Why they can be so racist at times

I am sure there is more, but I can't think of them.

Sorry if this is classed as double posting... But... I feel your frustration with them! They "need" a boy/girl friend and can't even keep them. And they swear and call each other swear names... IT IS JUST SO WEIRID! =/ I'd rather be an aspie than A sheep! :D

UDAspie13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Aug 2012, 12:19 am

Giggly cliques
Sending confusing messages (prob my AS though everyone else seems to get it.)

Confuddlement
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Aug 2012, 8:12 am

- They actually enjoy parties :s
- They enjoy being social
- They can talk for hours about a hair product
- They obsess over famous people and the next day they hate them:S
- They have multiple personalities
- They pretend that they are individual even though they all act the same!

Confuddlement

06 Aug 2012, 8:14 am

Also, I hate that my friends address me as "hoe" or "slut" and I'm supposed to realise that is what they call friendly!! !!:s

Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2012, 11:21 am

NT girls are perfectly happy to "go out" with guys who treat them like crap while people like myself who are very well-mannered and show females equal respect are continually rejected.

Is it just me or does it seem like NT teenagers, who base their entire lives around their so-called friends don't even know the meaning of true friendship? I'm okay with a little friendly teasing but sometimes, NTs actually seem to abuse their "friends". At school, I know someone who has had his friends: give him so many "birthday bumps" that he had to cancel his party, destroy his property by throwing it under a gym shower, manage to get him suspended by drawing pictures of male genitalia in his maths book, pull his chair out from beneath him, lock him in a toilet cubicle for 3 hours and deliberately break his finger by jamming it into a door. I can't understand why anyone would tolerate this kind of abuse, forgive the abusers and still consider them their friends! I would never dream of treating my friends like this and if any of my friends treated me in this way, I would never want to see them again. Sigh...NTs... :?:

screamingsilently
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Aug 2012, 1:00 pm

All of these are so accurate, and questions that go through my head often times when I am out or at school.

Your Aspie score: 171 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 17 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

MichaelaB
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Oct 2012, 3:15 pm

The way NT teenaged girls have to use 'Oh my God...' in the beginning of every single sentence.
It drives me nuts.

holdonyoungster
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Oct 2012, 8:06 pm

Girls who scream and clutch at each other every single time they meet up. I cannot even find witty commentary for this, it is that perplexing.

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2012, 4:05 pm

holdonyoungster wrote:
Girls who scream and clutch at each other every single time they meet up. I cannot even find witty commentary for this, it is that perplexing.

This.

Or how they get excited for anything. For some reason, these girls who I once considered acquaintances kept asking if I considered them friends yet and I kept wondering "why do they keep asking for my friendship?" WTF

Forever in debt to your priceless advice

musicaddict95
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Oct 2012, 7:41 pm

Why they are total as*holes to non NTs

Ztrain
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Oct 2012, 5:46 am

I dont know how to respond to all the touching. Im fine with a hug if I know in advance but its a horrible experience otherise.

I dont know about the openly horny part, my gfs an aspie and shes pretty open about her sexuality(this mildly annoys me)

NT girls, tendencies to getting into drama.

Sparrow40k
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jan 2013, 9:42 pm

Peko wrote:
3. Why they are SO OPENLY HORNY

This is actually me

Idiotchief wrote:
Why they act different around different people

And so is this

PantheraTigris
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jan 2013, 2:15 am

How reading books is considered boring. When did this happen?

pigsrock
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jan 2013, 9:05 am

MichaelaB wrote:
The way NT teenaged girls have to use 'Oh my God...' in the beginning of every single sentence.
It drives me nuts.
i agree
Lol