Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

BambooSun
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2013, 6:41 pm

I'm like that too. My taste in everything is not even close to what is popular and when it is I have to re-examine it.

Room217
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Apr 2013, 10:36 pm

I always noticed I had a different taste in guys than my friends, but never though it might have something to do with AS.

Tall, skinny, extremely smart guys have always been my type. Despite what Hollywood seems to think, some girls don't actually want boyfriends that look like Channing Tatum. And while most guys I see dress in cargo shorts and T Shirts, I go for the ones sporting cardigans and really worn out converse. It's usually the guys that get made fun of for being a "nerd" that catch my eye.

Amberlena
Toucan
Toucan

24 May 2013, 7:42 pm

DisappearingGirl wrote:
I'm attracted to lots of different looking guys. I don't have a specific "type", but the one thing I find really unattractive is big, defined muscles, especially 6-packs. I think they are gross looking which is weird, I guess because I would assume most women find them attractive.
Same here, I think big muscles are disgusting. I don't understand why some girls love them.

misakiflower
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 May 2013, 11:00 pm

Room217 wrote:
I always noticed I had a different taste in guys than my friends, but never though it might have something to do with AS.

Tall, skinny, extremely smart guys have always been my type. Despite what Hollywood seems to think, some girls don't actually want boyfriends that look like Channing Tatum. And while most guys I see dress in cargo shorts and T Shirts, I go for the ones sporting cardigans and really worn out converse. It's usually the guys that get made fun of for being a "nerd" that catch my eye.

yes! :P

BlackSkimmer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 May 2013, 8:30 pm

Room217 wrote:

I am starting to feel my chances of getting a girlfriend are on the rise. :p

Sanduru
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2013, 1:57 am

I've learned that these kind of choices are known as being sapiosexual, meaning you are attracted by the mind over body. Not just a matter of intelligence, but personality too. I didn't know this, as for reading this I now believe autistic people is generally sapiosexual.

My girlfriend is generally followed by every guy but I first met her without knowing how she looked, it was just like a dream that we fell in love with each other without noticing. I don't know how I fell in love because I had never felt that way before... How the world works is so unexpected.

She is always at the defensive and I love it. She is so strongly attached to her own beliefs and there is no way to change them. She doesn't discriminate but just do th silly jokes everyone else does. I sometimes believe she has Aspergers too because she doesn't tend to listen to people and keeps uninterested, sometimes she doesn't understand jokes I also don't, so we get on so well with each other...

Yayoi
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 May 2013, 2:34 am

I'm definitely attracted to Asian guys and that's it (no offense, white guys, you're just not for me) despite studies showing that most people tend to go for those who look somewhat similar to them. Asian guys are stereotyped as being generally unattractive and nerdy, but I disagree. And I prefer a guy who doesn't do much about his appearance; natural looks are best IMO :)

Hollie1996
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jun 2013, 5:37 pm

Well at school girls say that actors I think are handsome are ugly. Strange really. I don't know what NT girls think about my boyfriend. I think he is extremely handsome.