Page 2 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Numbuh4
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Dec 2013, 11:31 pm

My school hasn't had prom yet... but people are asking people to homecoming. Guess who was the only girl in the grade to not get asked or to have friends to go with? I'm such a loser haha.

Fortenium
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jan 2014, 3:25 am

I actually skipped my first prom in favour of a Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournament, and that was a good choice, even looking back on it now I think it was a good choice. My second prom I went along with my best friend, not as like a date but as friends. Not like I cared. I got hyper, tired out, and went home

bearsandsyrup
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Jan 2014, 5:05 am

I never got asked to a school dance. I just went with friends every time. Homecoming, I went with friends junior year and then a male friend senior year, then junior and senior prom I went with female friends. Guys didn't really like me until college. That's when my intense, eccentric personality became "hot" (at least to some people) rather than unanimously "weird".

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2014, 9:31 pm

Numbuh4 wrote:
My school hasn't had prom yet... but people are asking people to homecoming. Guess who was the only girl in the grade to not get asked or to have friends to go with? I'm such a loser haha.

Same here. In fact, I've never been asked to a school dance before. But you know what? I say there's nothing wrong with coming home for homecoming!

warsend
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jan 2014, 4:07 am

went junior and senior year. Junior year I was getting ready for a basketball game and a friend of the girl asked me for her. I said yes to be nice.

Senior year asked one girl out, she said yes. Another girl asked figuring I didn't have a date as I wasn't terribly popular. Pretty much told her to f**k off. She was a dick to me so it was appropriate.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 12:47 pm

Asked to the prom? Are you serious? :lol:
To answer the OP's question no and no girl would dare ask me even if they did like me. I simply wasn't popular enough and nobody wanted to associate with me because it would lower their popularity and that was all girls in school cared about. Go figure that as a mature adult the ladies are starting to flock to me: guess they realized the 'bad boys' aren't so great after all!

If a girl HAD actually asked me to prom, I would be HIGHLY suspicious and would assume they were either trying to humiliate me or use me as a patsy for when they got busted by the cops with drugs or alcohol. Yeah, I had a lovely time in school.......

daar
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jan 2014, 3:01 pm

I didn't want to attend any school dances and my high school is not coed. So the probability of me attending prom was virtually 0%, unless I suddenly became gay.

melysllew
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Feb 2014, 4:17 pm

I live in the UK so prom isn't such a big thing as it is in the US. But I wish people would stop asking me about prom because most of my friends are going, just not as couples or anything. I don't really want to go but it will be my last chance to see so many of my friends. I need time to think.

You are very likely an Aspie

Buffy9139
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Feb 2014, 8:10 am

I didn't go to prom, didn't see the point. I wasn't asked and I knew they would play bad music. All my 'friends' (the two I had) went and I did regret it slightly but overall I am glad I never went!

LunaOsa
Raven
Raven

06 Feb 2014, 6:30 pm

No guys asked me to prom so I skipped my first prom entirely. Of course our school did our proms backwards so junior prom was the big one and senior was just a semi-formal. I did end up going to my senior prom but I had to ask a guy I knew from another school and we were only friends.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 7:14 pm

I asked over two-dozen women (one at a time) to go to the prom with me before I gave up.

My dad was angry with me because I "didn't try hard enough" to get a date. Then he got drunk. Then he beat me.

That was nearly 40 years ago.

Alyoshka
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Feb 2014, 12:10 am

I never got asked to prom either.

I remember the one school dance I went to , i was ditched and my date claimed he deeply regretted asking me.

?Everyone has a soap dish. If you lift the soap and find that underneath it is dry, you?re all right. If its gooey, you have the poisoning, which turns your blood to powder. The powder then depletes your energy and eats away at your body.?

Umbreongirl444
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Feb 2014, 11:10 am

Everyone just leaves me alone, I bet I'm gonna be the one who sits in the corner watching everyone else. :roll:

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2014, 11:15 am

Umbreongirl444 wrote:
Everyone just leaves me alone, I bet I'm gonna be the one who sits in the corner watching everyone else. :roll:

I was this one on at my prom. It was really boring. :(

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2014, 10:35 pm

bearsandsyrup wrote:
I never got asked to a school dance. I just went with friends every time. Homecoming, I went with friends junior year and then a male friend senior year, then junior and senior prom I went with female friends. Guys didn't really like me until college. That's when my intense, eccentric personality became "hot" (at least to some people) rather than unanimously "weird".

This sounds a lot like what happened to me. The only time I ever had a date to any high school dances was because I asked a guy who I liked at the time to Sadie Hawkins. I went to both my junior and senior proms with a group of female friends. I was never asked. My friend forced me to go to senior prom, and I had a free ticket. The prom was terrible and I couldn't wait to get out of there because I got stuck seeing all the people in high school that I didn't like.

In college, things changed a lot. I went to a few parties and swing dance events. Finding someone to dance with wasn't very hard because I would just go with large groups of friends, switching off dancing between my guy friends and whatever random guys happened to ask me. It wasn't unusual for me or the other girls in the group to dance with 6 or 7 different guys per event. I have a Valentine's Day dance this upcoming weekend, and a guy asked me to be his date yesterday. We're together, but not official yet. I'm excited for the dance because this will be my first time having a date for Valentine's Day and I'm 19 years old. Dating gets a lot easier at a big college than in high school anyway, considering my high school dating experiences were awful.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2014, 10:40 pm

We have our Sadie Hawkins Dance Friday, I don't think I'm going because I have a Church related activity and I don't know when it ends. But that's fine by me if I won't be back in time because I doubt anyone is going to ask me anyway.