Page 1 of 7 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

DarthMaxeuis
Toucan
Toucan

25 Nov 2008, 7:30 am

I really suck at all team sports, think it is of the problem of Visual-Motor integration all asperger's have... When I play Basket-Ball, i can't even make the ball touch the frame... Shame on me :cry:
I had got also problems to learn bicycle ("2 years to learn, it was horrible" said my mother) but thing got better, and I can ride without hands with my 6 yo sister on the back (dangerous I know ^^). My hand-writing is also very poor, (I'm right-handed) so my teacher said I could computer-type all my homework :roll:, but that's not erasing the fact that i have excellent cognition and excellent grades at school, still... :D
That's why I'm not suffering too much of my AS... Because I know a great job in science is reserved for me :)
For shoelaces, me too, i can't get it right every time, I learnt them when i was 13 yo, so i ask my brothers to do them for me ^^, and I help them for their homework (teaching a 14 yo boy equations isn't that simple, but I manage). And for clumsiness, my 14 yo brother had got the gene from my mother :lol:, he's so clumsy he breaks everything he touches and he often makes fall a glass full of water or the salt or the pepper, he is very very clumsy, and I was during my childhood, but now, not really.

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 7:37 am

Just mild Tourette syndrome.

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)

Corydaman93
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Nov 2008, 8:46 pm

I had got also problems to learn bicycle ("2 years to learn, it was horrible" said my mother) but thing got better, and I can ride without hands with my 6 yo sister on the back (dangerous I know ^^)

I didn't learn how to properly ride a bike until I was 9 or 10, though since then in the summer I've been biking on the streets on a regular basis. Your 6 year old sister on the back? LOL, amazing that you could do that!! !! ! :o

http://www.myviewonautismessay.webs.com

Thatmew
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 9:52 pm

I had physical therapy, and my writing is not exactly qualifying. Cursive and shoelaces are two things with no plans to master or learn.

Samara
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Nov 2008, 12:04 am

I could ride a bike when I was 5. I remember it was yellow with sparkles all over. I am excellent at team sports. It can take me awhile to get it but when I do I am always one of the strongest players.
On a few occasions I can be clumsy and absent minded but most of the time I am not and I am very quick.
I have always had really neat handwriting too so I guess motor planning or co ordination isnt a problem.
I remember riding my bike with no hands and if I was going down hill I would rest my feet up on the handles bars and no hands!

ReGiFroFoLa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Nov 2008, 4:09 am

I only have problems with eye-hand coordination :evil: It's creepy :twisted:

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 9:53 am

ReGiFroFoLa wrote:
I only have problems with eye-hand coordination :evil: It's creepy :twisted:

Why is it creepy?

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)

SeizeTheDay
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 4:07 pm

I run into walls a lot ;) I don't know whether to count that or not.
I'm really, reallt clumsy. And I run extremely weird. I can run pretty fast when I want to, but it''s just a strange run.

"The person who knows everything has a lot to learn."

"Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum" (I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am) René Descartes

Corydaman93
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Nov 2008, 10:16 pm

SeizeTheDay wrote:
I run into walls a lot ;) I don't know whether to count that or not.
I'm really, reallt clumsy. And I run extremely weird. I can run pretty fast when I want to, but it''s just a strange run.

I guess running into walls can count since you are not always watching where you are going. And I sometimes walk and run strange, not at all in my childhood years, but a few monthes ago I had this problem and I am overcoming it. So that's good for me.

Corydaman93
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Dec 2008, 7:12 pm

bump

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 11:07 am

I've never learned to ride a bike and I was never any good at catching or hitting in sports at school. I also couldn't tie shoelaces at all until I was eleven, and then, for about the next twenty years, I tied them, but always wrongly - somebody once told me I tied them 'upside down'. It's only in the last few years I've started to tie laces properly.

Shai-hulud
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Dec 2008, 7:47 pm

I'm quite coordinated. Throw food in the air and catch it in my mouth, play drums, even sometimes stand on one foot on top of a railing. but i constantly trip over things and bump into stuff. i find this funny.

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 10:17 am

Since going under general anaesthetic about two months ago, as well as other things, I find I keep on dropping things more than before. It's making me really angry :(

Arcona
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Dec 2008, 7:12 pm

I used to be a clumsy kid with poor body awareness. At the time nobody could understand it or reasons behind it so it was interpreted as low standards in a similar way to people who wear dirty tatty clothes. My handwriting was appalling. The teachers considered it as laziness and stubbornly refused to let me type work on a computer. I was useless at team sports in PE and I couldn't catch balls.

The one thing requiring co-ordination that I had no problems with was bike riding. I learned to ride a BMX in just a few hours and it was really easy. It became my new obsession and my clumsiness appeared to almost vanish when riding my BMX but came back when I got off.

sethzack
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 5:44 am

I just posted about a very similar subject in general autism discussion, I would go into detail but I'm very tired and need to go to bed soon.

I Want To Become Stronger...
... Than I Was Yesterday!! !! - The words in my avatar picture.

AspergersGirlsSing
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jan 2009, 4:20 pm

Yep, I uses to have TERRIBLE motor/movement skills... SENSORY INTEGRATION FOR THE WIN!! As you can see, I have learned to love it. XD