Page 8 of 20 [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next

Agon
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Dec 2008, 4:00 am

physicsteen wrote:
I never had a boyfriend but at the prime age of seventeen, I guess it's too early to tell. Probably, the hardest thing with me is trust. I have a hard time trusting people, and I won't allow them to get too close to me. I'll still be friendly, but I won't tell them anything about my personal life. People at my school are hinting to me that the Valevictorian really likes me, and I feel a little back.

I think he really tries though. I'll see him looking for me on campus during lunch. He'll visit me in robotics club, and he seems very happy whenever I come to the science olympiad meetings. I never had someone have a crush on me like that, and I'm not sure how to respond. Maybe it really isn't even a crush, and I'm blowing things out of proportion.

Those symptoms indicate just that. ...Or he wants something from you.
Find out what kind of a guy he is, perhaps he's just one of those people who's hoping to manipulate you and then use you for copulation. Or he's genuinely in love with thee.

Though personally I'm leaning more towards the first. Merely because I have little faith in humanity.

It appears that I was banned. And it also appears that I have a new private message, but I can't view it - because I was banned... Anyway, contact me by email: [email protected] or [email protected] (my MSN as well).

physicsteen

31 Dec 2008, 4:19 am

Agon wrote:

Find out what kind of a guy he is, perhaps he's just one of those people who's hoping to manipulate you and then use you for copulation. Or he's genuinely in love with thee.

Though personally I'm leaning more towards the first. Merely because I have little faith in humanity.

I already had some barriers put up to determine that. He passed through those barriers with flying colors. If he was looking for something physical, he knows he won't get it from me. Plus, I'm not the most desirable when it comes to that. Yet he still does the things he does. Either he just wants to be good friends or he really likes me.

(I noticed that your post rhymed. That was a nice effect)

Agon

31 Dec 2008, 4:43 am

physicsteen wrote:
Agon wrote:

I already had some barriers put up to determine that. He passed through those barriers with flying colors. If he was looking for something physical, he knows he won't get it from me. Plus, I'm not the most desirable when it comes to that. Yet he still does the things he does. Either he just wants to be good friends or he really likes me.

(I noticed that your post rhymed. That was a nice effect)

He he, 't was unintentional. But I thank ye for this, such praise is invaluable.

If such is the case, I would wholeheartedly suggest following your instincts. If deep inside your soul you feel that you desire to give him a chance, give it. Do not limit yourself. In no way would it be a good sign - is what I personally think.

I can see, from analyzing your writing style, that you can be a desirable person for the the non-foolish. Which would also indicate that the boy of whom you speak, is not a fool. Lest a fool he be. A chance he shall have. A chance he will be given, correct?

physicsteen

31 Dec 2008, 5:01 am

Yes, he will be given a chance.

"My world is a collection of pitches reverberating throughout the deep corridors of my mind; shifting in unique patterns. At times, it is a fruitful orchestra. At others, it is a somber requirem signaling times of hardship."

I analyzed his voice too. He only lies when he tries to impress me. He is golden in his intentions.

Anyway, I hope you find someone soon. It is never too late if you don't.

Agon

31 Dec 2008, 5:14 am

Then his intentions are then truly as clear as the sky. Lucky you... I wish I had girls who would seek (almost spelled sick) my affection. I did a have a few back in the old days but I wasn't interested in them. Bloody 'only those who fit your standards' policy. Because of this policy I missed many opportunities to lose my virginity. ...Alright, so not many, just a few...

AspergersGirlsSing
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jan 2009, 4:19 pm

Am I late to say that I feel I will never get a boyfriend? I'm actually in the library teen room waiting for a cute guy, or nice guy, or nerdy guy, or just a guy, to walk in. XD I'm desperate. And then when it happens, I'll be to shy to do anything! I hate that about me!

sethzack
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2009, 10:02 pm

AspergersGirlsSing wrote:
Am I late to say that I feel I will never get a boyfriend? I'm actually in the library teen room waiting for a cute guy, or nice guy, or nerdy guy, or just a guy, to walk in. XD I'm desperate. And then when it happens, I'll be to shy to do anything! I hate that about me!

I never thought about it from a girl's point of view, it must be really hard to make the first move for you because of AS and the fact that our culture is mostly about letting the male make the first move. I can never make the first move, I have resorted to posting personal ads on craigslist... :(

I Want To Become Stronger...
... Than I Was Yesterday!! !! - The words in my avatar picture.

WyvernOne
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Jan 2009, 2:19 am

I'm amazed you haven't gotten buried in replies to this thread up until now. The fluidity of real-life situations is anathema to me as well, especially since I'm surrounded by a bunch of numbnuts at work. But at least girls, shy or not, have a better chance of intimacy than guys in that category. A real sobering fact, backed up by statistical and anecdotal evidence...

FieryGatoh
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 2:48 am

WyvernOne wrote:
I'm amazed you haven't gotten buried in replies to this thread up until now. The fluidity of real-life situations is anathema to me as well, especially since I'm surrounded by a bunch of numbnuts at work. But at least girls, shy or not, have a better chance of intimacy than guys in that category. A real sobering fact, backed up by statistical and anecdotal evidence...

I need to go out and buy some mace...

sethzack
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 3:21 am

FieryGatoh wrote:
WyvernOne wrote:

I need to go out and buy some mace...

The weapon or the spray? How well do you need to protect yourself?

AspergersGirlsSing
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jan 2009, 10:18 am

sethzack wrote:

I never thought about it from a girl's point of view, it must be really hard to make the first move for you because of AS and the fact that our culture is mostly about letting the male make the first move. I can never make the first move, I have resorted to posting personal ads on craigslist... :(

I guess, but to me it's really only the fact that I'm an Aspie. I mean, I hate having to live up to stereotypes, like guys should be the first ones to ask a girl out, as opposed to vice-versa. Bull. S**t.

sethzack
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 11:07 pm

sethzack wrote:

I guess, but to me it's really only the fact that I'm an Aspie. I mean, I hate having to live up to stereotypes, like guys should be the first ones to ask a girl out, as opposed to vice-versa. Bull. S**t.

I understand as do most aspies most likely, we are able to understand things better and how stupid things seem.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 2:46 am

I definitly feel like I'll never have a gf I mean I'm 15 and I've never even had what could even be considered close 2 a relationship

AspergersGirlsSing
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jan 2009, 8:08 am

sethzack wrote:
sethzack wrote:

I understand as do most aspies most likely, we are able to understand things better and how stupid things seem.

I find that understanding thing so weird! Like, we are the people who are able to understand everything, but even when we can relate to people, we can't be social.

spockezri
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jan 2009, 8:15 am

SierraBell wrote:
I feel this way. I guess I'm too quiet and too shy or something, because I just seem to intimidate guys. Girls I'm definately okay with since they are my gender, but I'm really not a lesiban or even a bi.

So, does anyone feel like this?

Maybe we won't get our relationships we want until our teen-hood is over...I'm just guessing though...

Yes, but I don't even want one :)
I'm probably going to have more luck getting a girlfriend as I can actually talk to them normally...

You and I must fight for our rights,
You and I must fight to survive.

UberElvis
Raven
Raven

12 Jan 2009, 7:31 pm

Well I, unlike what seems to be the case for a lot of aspies, am beginning to find that getting a girlfriend is within reach, if I just put a tiny bit more effort and maybe some help from friends.