Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2005, 9:38 pm

Lol, not wholly surprising: many of us live most of our lives as an act!

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2005, 4:34 pm

Therblig wrote:
my mom put me in drama when I was eight because she thought I was too shy, which was probably because I didn't have any friends to talk to because everyone thought I was weird. I immediately became bit by the drama bug and have been heavily involved in theatre ever since. Even though I still have loads of difficulty comprehending regular conversation and social cues, I have absolutely no fear of public speaking and am quite the extrovert.

That's pretty much me. Drama has helped me so much. I'm really kinda shy and I can feel really uncomfortable socially, but I have no trouble once I get into a convarsation and I can be pretty crazy at times.

jm314
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Dec 2005, 4:07 pm

Dramas alright, I would do it if I had the time. Currently I do Scouts, (although at this very moment in time I am not sure what is going on as I'm being bullied at Scouts). I also do Karate, which is a martial art, which, according to Luke Jackson's book (Freaks, Geeks and Aspergers) is good for Aspies. Actually, if anyone is interested, on Tuesday there's a dramatisation called "Magnificent 7" all about his family. (Most of the family have autism or another ASD thing).

s0uThp4rk
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Dec 2005, 5:18 pm

I don't do anything right now.. I'm amazed at how much you guys are doing.. ah well. I sort of just hang out on my computer all the time.. I wouldn't be comfortable in a group, and being in this one enrichment class I'm in drives me insane sometimes.. It's a combination of honors language arts and social studies.. (This class partly caused me to find out I have aspergers) too clumsy to act really, ( I think i'd have trouble memorizing everything I'd have to do) and I can't play sports, i run around in circles :lol: I do have a couple of friends though, and that's all i really care about.. soo.. The only extra-curricular thing i'm looking at is track, which might be tough for me..

I waste all my time on the computer.. oh well. :roll:

rhubarbpluscustard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Dec 2005, 10:04 pm

I do Model UN, which I enjoy, although being an aspie I'm far too shy to say a thing in the conferences. I just sit and listen. I've gotten away with it so far...

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2005, 11:10 pm

Let's see.
I am part of Key Club because a friend told me to join.
I am Vice President of Math Club because my friends control the club and because I am a senior, this is the same with Science Club.
I am a member of Whiz Quiz because my Government teacher thought I was smart.
I am a member of National Honor Society because I was dumb enough to join.

Honestly I would have never seen me in all of this freshman year or anything. I have most of what I do through fortunate connections. I may not have the most friends but the ones I have are pretty useful. I still don't like hanging our with them outside of school though, those annoying people. Maybe I am too anti-social... NAH!! ! :)

CRACK
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2005, 1:53 pm

I am such an individualist that my parents once tried to MAKE me join an afterschool club 2 years ago.

X
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Mar 2006, 3:41 am

Academic team

We answer academic trivia questions. It's probably the best extracurricular activity for an idiot savant. :)

However, it is difficult to interact with other team members.

SolaCatella
Veteran
Veteran

Location: [insert creative, funny declaration of location here]

03 Mar 2006, 5:25 am

CRACK wrote:
I am such an individualist that my parents once tried to MAKE me join an afterschool club 2 years ago.

My parents regularly attempt this sort of thing.

Currently, I'm part of the Student Advisory Council but nothing else. Next year, I will be joining Habitat for Humanity and the National Honor Society as well as probably joining Latin club and Certamen (a Latin-trivia game).

Spriteling
Toucan
Toucan

10 Mar 2006, 7:57 am

I play on the school soccer team, and I'm also in choir. I would be doing more clubs this year, but my depressed just made doing anything too overwhelming. So, next year, I plan on being in Model UN and Botball, which is a robotics clubs. I may join the year book staff, because I love photography, and that would be an opportunity to share my pictures with out. :)

Laura
Toucan
Toucan

10 Mar 2006, 3:23 pm

I dont do any thing all the sports clubs I have joined I was horrable at plaing so I quit because I thorght I was putting the team down. Some time this year I should join Martial Arts. I will proberally join some Enviromental group at school for the sake of hearing people think they care about the state of the planet. I may learn Bass and one day I maybe in a band.

Quincunx
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Mar 2006, 11:28 am

When I was in high school, the only extra-curric I participated in was sleep. None of my teachers liked that one, really, especially when I got A's on their trite tests.

Now that I am in college, I was the founder and former President of the Philosophy Club, and I am also apart of the American Nuclear Society.

Kind regards,
Chris

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2006, 6:26 pm

I did drama club this year - that was fun, but I don't think I'll do it again next year - and I pop in and out of the Power of the Pen meetings. I'm offically too old to be in Power of the Pen (it's a 7th and 8th grade thing), but I still enjoy going down there. Once in awhile I teach them for a day.

Three years!

Flow
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2006, 4:41 pm

Chorus, Gymnastics, Lacrosse, Violin, Girl Scouts

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2006, 11:09 pm

When I was in school I was in an Anime Club.

-SpaceCase

Atomika
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2007, 5:06 pm

Chess Club all the way!! !!