Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Sea_of_Saiyan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jan 2009, 6:34 pm

I enjoy socializing with people my own age because they are much more likely to share interests with me, however I strongly prefer doing so online because I never know what to say in real life.

People see me as a loner who randomly bursts out laughing with a serious face...apparently that's a sign of being a future school shooter.

That being said, I can't see why anyone would want to socialize with me, and even if they did, I can't see why they would want to tolerate all of the random/stupid things I say in an attempt at humor.

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 10:27 am

Italianwolf77 wrote:
I love hanging with people my age. I purposely hang out with the weird, wild, unique people because most of the time they are the ones who are actually different. Fads suck.
me2

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 10:37 am

Italianwolf77 wrote:
I love hanging with people my age. I purposely hang out with the weird, wild, unique people because most of the time they are the ones who are actually different. Fads suck.
me2

GeorgeM
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jan 2009, 3:02 pm

I really do not enjoy socializing with people my age. I also find yelling and pounding really annoying, which is problem since I go a boys' boarding school where half the students spend time running and wrestling in the halls or saying things like "I just found the hottest girl on facebook". I'm perfectly content to sit and my room and watch movies, play a video game, read a book, etc. Though there are occasional instances where I really do wish I understood how to socialize with others.

taintedangelboy
Raven
Raven

24 Jan 2009, 7:59 pm

There is only one kid I like my age, and I have known her for a long time. Most of my friends are two to five years older then me, and have graduated high school or are graduating this year. I don't like most people at school that are my age.

Aimer_FTW
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Nov 2009, 12:20 pm

I'm very much a people person! I love socializing. I get along with most people I think. Sure, I have enemies, but everybody does. But I try to stay on good terms with them and treat them well even if they don't like me much. There are other people who like me very much! I ussually hang around artistic, anime people, and somewhat preppy people.

fobfan123
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 May 2010, 3:03 am

[/quote]I said, "Togos is the sexier sister of Subway."
Just cause Togos knows how to make a sandwich better then Subway.[Subway they don't put enough meat on your sandwich]
One time I said, frogs are green.[/quote]

haha you're funny I like you... :-) also subway doesn't tessellate the cheese

TheInfamousArgyle
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2010, 11:42 am

I prefer to talk to my teachers about things, because very few kids my age would be interested in politics or the bad city planning that plagues my town. I don't like to bury myself in the little petty things that most teenagers are caught up in, though. I mean, it really does help to be familiar with these kinds of things if you want to be well-thought-of.

clumsybee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 May 2010, 2:34 pm

I don't like socializing much either. Talking to other people is such a draining process for me, especially if it's about something with peers I don't even care about. (Read: "I broke up with him! Wah! ...I got back together with him! OMGZ!! My BF is soooooo sweet! ...He cheated on ME! Wah!" or things along that line. I can't stand listening to that roller coaster relationship regularly.) I always seem to find the people that need to have duct tape over their mouths to shut up... :wall:

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2010, 4:54 pm

I'm not very good at socializing with anyone. I don't even like socializing a lot with my family. It's too draining. :?

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

Kat15
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 3:46 am

I like animals more then people. I cant like people I just have to get to know them, but its hard because I usually dont give people a chance.

o0Chipmunk0o
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Jun 2010, 8:13 am

I find it hard to socialize with people my age.I just don't fit in.I don't have the same interests as them. I prefer to spend time with people much younger than me or much older. I just along with them better.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2010, 9:45 am

Dobbin wrote:
I hate socializing with kids my age. I always have been the odd man out.
I just can't seem to get into the fads people are into these days.
Being a gangster, being emo, or being goth.
They need to define themselves as that to make themselves a person.
And sadly, I don't want that as my friend or any kind of influence on me.

When I do socialize with people I tend to get nervous, don't know what to say.
So I tend to say odd things.
Such as when I was talking to some kids about Togos and Subway.
I said, "Togos is the sexier sister of Subway."
Just cause Togos knows how to make a sandwich better then Subway.[Subway they don't put enough meat on your sandwich]
One time I said, frogs are green.

Of course I don't make friends easily either.
People aren't to be trusted I have went through enough backstabbing and pain to know, people aren't to be trusted.

I just hate socializing, in general with strangers or kids my age.
Is this normal?
Do you feel the same way?
Have you ever just said random things to jump start a conversation?
Have you ever just felt like you were looking through the world as a giant snowglobe and you were shaking the globe, not being able to live that happy world everyone else portrays?
Have you ever felt the same way?

I can relate to this a lot, yes.

IceCreamGirl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2010, 6:00 pm

Try to hang out with someone you think is friendly. It might turn into a "real" friendship. By the way, most of us actually aren't punk or goth.
Listen to popular music. What music is everyone talking about? Listen to it. If you're under 17, don't listen to old music (or keep it a secret if you do). Talk about your favorite music and you'll make friends.
You can also talk about your favorite TV shows, school or camp, the things your siblings or friends do, or embarrassing moments and secrets (if you're a girl).