Page 12 of 20 [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

SingInSilence
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Aug 2009, 9:01 pm

I felt that way for a long time; then I got a boyfriend; then I realized that I don't enjoy dating at all. I told my mom this and she got all horrified and asked "You don't want to be alone forever, do you?" And then I felt a bit depressed.

SierraBell
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Aug 2009, 11:20 pm

Hi guys, thank you to those that helped and I congratulate those that are in a relationship right now, that was in a relationship, those that never were in a relationship and either don't want to or are trying to. :)

I have a boyfriend now. And while our views are different and sometimes we get into certain arguments, I love him all the same. If it wasn't for him, I would still be very depressed, wouldn't be able to love myself, and maybe I would be dead...

Quote:
I felt that way for a long time; then I got a boyfriend; then I realized that I don't enjoy dating at all. I told my mom this and she got all horrified and asked "You don't want to be alone forever, do you?" And then I felt a bit depressed.

Ehh maybe she was just kidding in her own weird way. :P I wouldn't take her comment too personally, though it might be hard to do so, since she is your mom. Maybe. I don't know your relationship with your mom and I don't know her, but still, I would try to not take offense of her comment.

parakoopa
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Aug 2009, 10:35 pm

i dunno if i posted on this thread or not, but im pretty sure i didn't...

so anyway, I feel, actually that i will get a gf soon.

ive never had one before, but ive gotten VERY close,

i have someone im in love with right now, but she already has a bf, and that saddens me a lot :(

Judah
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Aug 2009, 8:54 am

Tea wrote:
I can barely make friends. And the friends that I DO make always end up hurting me. I really want a boyfriend, but nobody's willing to try to get around my "quirks" D:

What quirks would those be? Quirks unique as an aspie?

I am sitting on the moon.

SierraBell
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Aug 2009, 3:43 pm

Lol, nevermind, I just broke up a few days ago. :P

SamAckary
Toucan
Toucan

21 Aug 2009, 4:45 pm

I've had like 2 maybe 3 girlfriends in my life, but none really serious. The last one I went out with I wanted it to be serious, but she kind of ended up being the person I didn't think she was, from this anti-social and weird/strange girl I loved into a girl who hung out with a bunch of strange kids all younger than her. I honestly don't care much about future girls, because I plan to remove my brain to place it into a cybernetic body, where I have no need for other people :P

Nah back in reality I don't mind. I'll keep on living, breathing and thinking either way.

aleclair
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Aug 2009, 8:42 pm

There is something paradoxical in knowing that I have had a girlfriend before and I will (most likely) have one in the future - yet feel that the odds are (and were) against me. It'll come when I least expect it - and for that, I must (fortunately or not? that is the eternal question) be prepared.

pigeon309
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Aug 2009, 4:10 pm

Yes. Not only do I have AS, I'm a lesbian and for some reason, I always seem to fall for straight girls. My love life is officially doomed.

Lung_Drac

26 Aug 2009, 3:11 pm

I can't ever get a boyfriend even if I had to die to get one! Mainly because I'm boring, a hopeless romantic that hates love songs and other couples, and constantly depressed. There's nothing I see in me that anyone could possibly like and want to get closer to me.

CatTheBurrito
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Aug 2009, 3:45 pm

i cant get a boyfriend because i'm clinically awkward.

also i tend to fall for guys a grade ahead of me.

especially if they have a girlfriend or if a friend of mine likes him. does that make me a bad person?

Lord_Doku
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Sep 2009, 3:03 pm

I do feel as if i will never get a girlfriend. I know its not good to think that way, because its sure to happen(or not happen, in this case), yet i still do.

Theres a girl in interested in at school, but we have never met and quite frankly, i dont know how to start a conversation with people i dont know personally.

DeadFire87
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Sep 2009, 8:56 am

parakoopa wrote:
i have someone im in love with right now, but she already has a bf, and that saddens me a lot :(

I am same way. Been that way for 9 years. So sad. I wish I could get her to at least talk to me. This one girl. She won't even speak to me.

jamesp420
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Sep 2009, 4:16 pm

I haven't exactly had the most exciting love life, but I've had a few girlfriends, nothing serious though. I can get a girl if I put my mind(and body) to it, but I don't exactly have the best luck. I think my standards are too high, though. lol
Right now I find myself falling hard for a girl I have an honest chance with, and she has even told me so. It's just getting to see her that is the problem. grr

http://www.facebook.com/jamesp420

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2009, 7:02 pm

Lung_Drac wrote:
I can't ever get a boyfriend even if I had to die to get one! Mainly because I'm boring, a hopeless romantic that hates love songs and other couples, and constantly depressed. There's nothing I see in me that anyone could possibly like and want to get closer to me.

Erm... 'boring' is in the eyes of the beholder (don't know you, therefore can't say either way) and depression isn't attractive, but 'a hopeless romantic that hates love songs and other couples' sounds cool to me.

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Sep 2009, 4:26 am

I probably will get a girl friend but maybe not in a while. I dont really care right now. Besides, pron is good enough...

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 9:34 am

I used to think that a significant other was out of the question, but earlier this year I fell in love with this girl who made me feel like anyone could love me for who I am. She turned out to be a b---- in the end, but while it lasted, she made me feel like I was the luckiest guy in the world.

But I do have many days that I'll never find true love again. But it will happen again, hopefully with someone who can sympathize with my Asperger's.