Page 20 of 20 [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2011, 10:51 pm

Einfari wrote:
I feel the same way. I'm 17 and have never had a boyfriend. I went to a dance with a guy because I asked him. No guy has ever asked me anywhere.

I think I scare guys away because I'm not interested in hobbies that most girls aren't in to. I run/exercise a lot and I'm not afraid of a little sweat/pain. I also love violent movies and video games. I'm extremely competitive and I think that also puts people off a little. A lot of girls I know seem to act purposely weak to get a guy's attention, and I find this pathetic. I guess I can come off a bit tough at times but I'll never intentionally hurt anyone. I'm also a biology and video game nerd which I am sure turns a lot of guys off. Honestly, I'd rather have my identity and interests than a boyfriend.

I have learned not to bother with love. I have a lot of goals to keep up with between varsity sports, grades, and my work. This really doesn't allot me time to have a boyfriend. If I don't bother with love and don't focus on it, I won't be heartbroken if I never get into a romantic relationship. I'm not saying that I'm preventing myself from being in a relationship but I'm simply putting the idea aside. As and Aspie, focusing on finding love would cause me to be a heartbroken trainwreck waiting to happen...again. This has already happened in my life and I'm done with the experience. If I find someone someday that would be awesome but I'm not going to count on it. I wouldn't mind staying single because I already have a lot of good things in my life. Trust me, putting love aside is difficult, but in my situation, it is very practical.

Biology and vido game nerd? Sounds like heaven to me.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

cammyyy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Dec 2011, 11:24 pm

Ganondox wrote:
Einfari wrote:
I feel the same way. I'm 17 and have never had a boyfriend. I went to a dance with a guy because I asked him. No guy has ever asked me anywhere.

I think I scare guys away because I'm not interested in hobbies that most girls aren't in to. I run/exercise a lot and I'm not afraid of a little sweat/pain. I also love violent movies and video games. I'm extremely competitive and I think that also puts people off a little. A lot of girls I know seem to act purposely weak to get a guy's attention, and I find this pathetic. I guess I can come off a bit tough at times but I'll never intentionally hurt anyone. I'm also a biology and video game nerd which I am sure turns a lot of guys off. Honestly, I'd rather have my identity and interests than a boyfriend.

I have learned not to bother with love. I have a lot of goals to keep up with between varsity sports, grades, and my work. This really doesn't allot me time to have a boyfriend. If I don't bother with love and don't focus on it, I won't be heartbroken if I never get into a romantic relationship. I'm not saying that I'm preventing myself from being in a relationship but I'm simply putting the idea aside. As and Aspie, focusing on finding love would cause me to be a heartbroken trainwreck waiting to happen...again. This has already happened in my life and I'm done with the experience. If I find someone someday that would be awesome but I'm not going to count on it. I wouldn't mind staying single because I already have a lot of good things in my life. Trust me, putting love aside is difficult, but in my situation, it is very practical.

Biology and vido game nerd? Sounds like heaven to me.

That's what I thought.

Ysone
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Dec 2011, 6:47 am

I keep attracting straight guys and even gay guys. I guess they feel like i think like them? It's nice to have people to like you, even though i know that i am just not attracted to them romantically. I try not to talk to straight girls cuz they tend to break my heart. I am attracted to lesbian girls but i get too awkward talking to them. So yeaaa. i think i understand.

AutibotXD
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Dec 2011, 7:52 am

I've only had one relationship so far and thats over i think weirded him out :(
and unfortunatley there aren't many openly gay guys around my school and the one whom i know is just not my type.
whith my autism and social awkwardness it feels like i'm never gonna get there but i wont give up hope :D
P.S Do any of you find it anoying when people non-chalantley say they love you after the first date :?

ardentauthor
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Dec 2011, 6:22 pm

The only 'boyfriend' I've ever had was, if it counts, in first grade. We were really good friends and hung out a lot during and after school. We connected in a way I never had before and have't felt again. But he moved. :(

A part of me wants to be in a relationship, but a lot of the dating kids do nowadays just seems like some really arbitrary social construct that I'd rather not be a part of. It's just too complicated. Between the flirting and the actual asking out and the waiting to call, it's all just too much. I'm only going to date someone who I can enjoy a straightforward relationship with. If there's not a person out there that would be okay with being entirely candid, I would rather just stay single my whole life.

AutibotXD
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Dec 2011, 3:23 pm

A part of me wants to be in a relationship, but a lot of the dating kids do nowadays just seems like some really arbitrary social construct that I'd rather not be a part of. It's just too complicated. Between the flirting and the actual asking out and the waiting to call, it's all just too much

i Know it just seems completley ridiculous to me, at least half the time I didn't know what was going on and we were only dating for two weeks. why do people insist on trying to be subtle and drop hints when they know you have Asperger's (I only found out he was when he said "maybe you didn't get the hint" and then continued to explaine. my first thought was "duh 8O " my second was "wow you weren't listening at all were you") :roll:

zzmondo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 6:30 pm

At first, I really didn't care about getting a gf in my elementary in middle school years because of neglect and I got a really hardened attitude to everybody in the school except for the few people I was close too. I used to not want friends either but it's something I want to do really but it felt I really found I was lying to myself. I was mostly imagining relationships with people and would just focus on sports and school. It's just something I feel I need to learn and work through.
I still haven't dated or had a girlfriend yet, but I do want to know so I'm comfortable and meet somebody I will enjoy. When it comes to flirting though, I'm honestly not sure how I would react to some girl flirting with me and approach her. I remember I was at a Ski Trip in Pennsylvania and, long story short, there was a girl who had a friend that was about my age waving to my other friend I was going on the slopes with. Eventually, when we were supposed to wait for somebody at the bottom of the hill, he decided to go up the lift instead. I gave in and went up despite the fact I was supposed to wait for my other partner. I flipped out on the lift because I wasn't sure how long the partner would be waiting. The thing I didn't realize was the fact I was his wingman and that friend the girl had I could have had a chance with. I eventually got paranoid about meeting the partner and just went down the hill full speed (I snowboard btw) to meet my partner. I didn't bother going up to the girls with my friends. I eventually was told by my friend that I was his wingman (and ended up finding out what one was too) and that I had a chance with the other girl. Looking back now, that was a big missed chance but I was really nervous. I've learned from that mistake though now I feel.
I really just don't know what to do, especially since being a guy that I have to be the one to approach and seek these girls (unless a girl approaches me which would be awesome). I think it just comes to me learning how to talk to girls for this really. I've known and talked to a few girls, but we were just friends.
Also Einfari, I really understand where you are coming from. I was a second degree black belt and ran cross country and track in Middle School, so I was honestly more concerned about that. With all of what I have to do with school (I'm going to live on a college campus in summer for a few weeks eventually), college courses I'm taking, and work I'm not sure how I could handle both at this point. It's like I do want a relationship but I don't at the same time. I essentially mentioned why I would earlier. When I'm really into something that's important to me and will ultimately benefit later in life such as when I go to college and become a doctor, I really put my focus on that and find it is what's more important in the end at whatever moments or points in time.
All of what you mentioned Einfari sounds like a kind of a girl I would be into, just saying. I've always liked girls that are tough and aren't afraid of sweating or pain and don't really act weak as you mentioned because it shows that you really stand up for themselves. On that note, I would want the person I'm dating to respect my interests because I know what you are saying too when it comes to still having your identity and interests. I wouldn't put those over love any day really and neither would I want the girl in the relationship too as well.
I have had people call me cute and good-looking before though and that gives me some confidence. I feel that I may not be able to get one now, but it's just something I need to learn and work through. If I were to be in some romance though, I would definitely want someone I can talk too and we can understand each other and ultimately be comfortable with each other.

Albirea
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Cannot be determined due to excessive knowledge of momentum

26 Mar 2012, 10:54 am

zzmondo wrote:
At first, I really didn't care about getting a gf in my elementary in middle school years because of neglect and I got a really hardened attitude to everybody in the school except for the few people I was close too. I used to not want friends either but it's something I want to do really but it felt I really found I was lying to myself. I was mostly imagining relationships with people and would just focus on sports and school. It's just something I feel I need to learn and work through.
I still haven't dated or had a girlfriend yet, but I do want to know so I'm comfortable and meet somebody I will enjoy. When it comes to flirting though, I'm honestly not sure how I would react to some girl flirting with me and approach her. I remember I was at a Ski Trip in Pennsylvania and, long story short, there was a girl who had a friend that was about my age waving to my other friend I was going on the slopes with. Eventually, when we were supposed to wait for somebody at the bottom of the hill, he decided to go up the lift instead. I gave in and went up despite the fact I was supposed to wait for my other partner. I flipped out on the lift because I wasn't sure how long the partner would be waiting. The thing I didn't realize was the fact I was his wingman and that friend the girl had I could have had a chance with. I eventually got paranoid about meeting the partner and just went down the hill full speed (I snowboard btw) to meet my partner. I didn't bother going up to the girls with my friends. I eventually was told by my friend that I was his wingman (and ended up finding out what one was too) and that I had a chance with the other girl. Looking back now, that was a big missed chance but I was really nervous. I've learned from that mistake though now I feel.
I really just don't know what to do, especially since being a guy that I have to be the one to approach and seek these girls (unless a girl approaches me which would be awesome). I think it just comes to me learning how to talk to girls for this really. I've known and talked to a few girls, but we were just friends.
Also Einfari, I really understand where you are coming from. I was a second degree black belt and ran cross country and track in Middle School, so I was honestly more concerned about that. With all of what I have to do with school (I'm going to live on a college campus in summer for a few weeks eventually), college courses I'm taking, and work I'm not sure how I could handle both at this point. It's like I do want a relationship but I don't at the same time. I essentially mentioned why I would earlier. When I'm really into something that's important to me and will ultimately benefit later in life such as when I go to college and become a doctor, I really put my focus on that and find it is what's more important in the end at whatever moments or points in time.
All of what you mentioned Einfari sounds like a kind of a girl I would be into, just saying. I've always liked girls that are tough and aren't afraid of sweating or pain and don't really act weak as you mentioned because it shows that you really stand up for themselves. On that note, I would want the person I'm dating to respect my interests because I know what you are saying too when it comes to still having your identity and interests. I wouldn't put those over love any day really and neither would I want the girl in the relationship too as well.
I have had people call me cute and good-looking before though and that gives me some confidence. I feel that I may not be able to get one now, but it's just something I need to learn and work through. If I were to be in some romance though, I would definitely want someone I can talk too and we can understand each other and ultimately be comfortable with each other.
It's all about confidence. Just don't get too cocky. Be both confident and sensitive. (Based on your posts, I'd say you have the "sensitive" part down already. :lol:)
A huge reason that my friendcrush and I became friends is that I approached him to chat every day when I saw that he was sitting alone at lunch.

As for me, I've always liked the nerd type, probably because I'm kind of a nerd myself. :nerdy:
And no, I've never dated before either, unless you count those two times that I went to school dances with my friendcrush "just as friends". He took me out to dinner and everything, but we just didn't dance together. :lol:

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 12:42 pm

Well there is one girl that I am being very diligent on forming a good relationship with in hopes she will someday return my affection. if that doesn't work I'm happy with knowing I have a very good friend out of it. I will likely end up dating a male, though (I am bi.)

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

Pageognat
Raven
Raven

30 Mar 2012, 3:31 pm

I still try sometimes, but I've kind of just pushed dating to the very end of my priorities in life. There's so much to get done before I die, and a girlfriend is only for the moment. Relationships are fragile, and having to work within the neurotypical system only makes it worse.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 4:10 pm

I felt like that growing up. I have AS. Most of my friends had bf's by the time they were 12. I didn't have one, or even have a boy talk to me as anything more than a friend until I was 15. Then I dated that guy for 2 years and dated quite a few guys until I met my husband when I was 21. I'd go through times even then when I thought I'd never find anybody to love me or that I could love. I finally found love when I had just given up on looking altogether and decided to just have fun and enjoy the moment.

Writing that I didn't have one till I was 15 looks like that was pretty young and normal and on schedule, but at the time it took forever. Back then having a bf or gf was pretty important, especially at the school I went to. Very small and cliquish. Looking back it seemed like it was 25 years or something, but it wasn't.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Barefoot_Boy
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Mar 2012, 10:32 pm

I'm trying to find a way to ask that special someone out without it feeling so awkward and strange. Maybe someday soon it will happen.

John Greenleaf Whittier

Caesaran
Raven
Raven

02 Apr 2012, 6:07 pm

Honestly, Any girl who thinks they have a guy repelling aura has yet to meet me!
If i see girl, I talk to girl cuz guys are idiots. No girl can repel me! :twisted:
Im like the 1st infantry division on D-Day: Im going up that cliff wether i like it or not.

(0_(0_(0_(0_0)_0)_0)_0) (chinese mafia surprised face. Lol!)

Anyways,Im not discriminating on girls who i talk to, I just wish they pay more interest in me. (-_-) . Being the "friend" is frustrating.