Page 3 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

SingInSilence
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Aug 2009, 10:37 pm

I hardly ever tell my parent about my life, mainly because she's just interested in me being "normal". In fact, I haven't even told her about my possibly being an Aspie.

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2009, 2:59 am

I tell my parents(mostly my mom) absolutely everything that bothers me.

parakoopa
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Aug 2009, 8:54 pm

personally, no. I dont really talk to my parents that much...sometimes i think that they cause more problems when they try to help me...

when I have to talk to someone, its usually one of my friends that i can trust,
I prefer talking to my friends much more than my family

Solsikke
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Aug 2009, 2:00 pm

Yes. I tell my mother everything. She is my best friend.

Solei
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Aug 2009, 4:19 pm

Pssh. No.

I'll tell my mom some things, but not everything. I can't trust her to not mess things up the way I don't want her to, and I have to assert control in order to really get things done the way it should be. I won't bore you with the reason why. My dad? I don't even talk to him. I still remember the times I got yelled at for the smallest things or the slightest comment, so the way I see it, he only makes any situation that much worse. I don't think he even sees me as an equal, or even quasi-equal.

No matter. I like being self-reliant anyway.

Interlude

31 Aug 2009, 2:25 am

SingInSilence wrote:
I hardly ever tell my parent about my life, mainly because she's just interested in me being "normal". In fact, I haven't even told her about my possibly being an Aspie.

Mine knows perfectly I am, but seems to think with efforts I could live normally. She thinks every time I am "acting weird" is only to annoy her and to spoil her life. I had my psych explain it to her, I made her real a book on it, but she never talked about it again since then. She never told my Dad about my diagnosis "not to bother him with all that"....
Therefore, I do not tell her much about me. Since she neglects this important part of me, I do not think she is able to understand anything I could tell her. I do not want to be close to her because I know I would get even more hurt by her lack of sympathy. And as I have been living on my own for four years, I do not have to either. ;)

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2009, 5:55 pm

I sometimes keep things to myself, but not because I'm hiding them from my mom necessarily. I want to tell my mom everything that's right/wrong with me, but sometimes I just can't until I'm ready too. I trust my mom, and she's the best support I have. She's gone through many of the things I have (her mother, my father) and so she helps me as much as she can with my skeletons.
My father is a jerk that I wish I had never met. I wish my mom's fiance was my father. I would never confide with my father. I don't trust my mom's fiance enough to confide much, it's not his fault, I just don't trust men - especially ones that take important roles in my life.

LucidDreamGod
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Sep 2009, 3:08 pm

If they can help I'll tell them, can't really think of anything that I don't tell them that would be of any use for them to know. I have been really depressed though in the past and havn't said anything, but I can't see anyway they can help. It's more my mother who I talk to about my problems (things I mention mostly have to do with stress, or some academic problem, some fear I have), but its not like my father isn't willing, its just my mother is so easy to talk to. So naturally my mother understands me better then my father. Sometimes my mother overestimates what I can do, and my father underestimates it. Both are clearly optimistic/pessimistic respectably.

musicislife
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2009, 7:40 am

nope. i can't stand my mom for many reasons: she's NT and acts like the only way to think is her way; she puts way to much pressure on my sister to be the "perfect" child now that i've been diagnosed w/ AS; she ignores my aspie traits at every possible corner.
my dad i trust but i can't go to him with most of my stuff because his temper would blow out of control.

my family sucks, 'nuff said

Eto
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Sep 2009, 2:28 pm

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
visnofskygirl wrote:
(PS: I don't trust them.My cat is more trustworthy than them)

Animals can't betray your confidence, and they don't judge you or laugh at you either. :)

Quoted for truth. :)

I only complain to my parents about superficial things. I don't confide in them about big things like friend troubles or relationship problems or struggling in school...I just don't want to draw attention to myself, and I'm afraid they'll be angry at me or something. :/

My mom is very sharp, though. She usually knows when something's wrong, even if I refuse to say what it is. She's just never allowed to know exactly what's bothering me, and the less she knows about me, the better.

hj
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Oct 2009, 12:27 pm

:o i dont talk to anyone about anything ! !! i should it would help i resorted to doing bad things cause i cant deal with how i feel and cant talk , it worth trying to get a relationship b4 things et too hard to deal with alone :lol:

Ruchard
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Oct 2009, 4:00 pm

no i get shouted at a lot

Eilidh
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Oct 2009, 9:43 am

I don't tell my parents anything... I can't talk to them without them getting angry at me for SOMETHING or other, I wish I could, but I can't because if I do, mom will bring it up later to show how "immature/selfish/unempathetic/self-centred/whatever" I am.

~Eilidh

Like the globe they keep turning around
Runrig: An Cuibhle Mor English Translation

Groltag
Raven
Raven

21 Oct 2009, 11:49 am

Trust my parents? I trust my dad because he's always there for me, and I am confident I can talk to him about anything.

My mother? Complete opposite, I actually hate being around her, she's negative, angry, complains about everything. That kind of thing, she used me as an excuse not to work because of my aspergers. She's also tried to use me to screw more money out of my dad in divorce proceedings.

You could say I'm slightly bitter :lol:

anasthasia
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Nov 2009, 5:12 pm

Yes, I trust my Mom very much, and I also have confidence in her, I can talk to her about everything, and she understands me well, and also my Asperger's.
She tries to help me as she can.
I love her very much.

I also love my Dad, but I feel he doesn't understand me well, nor does he understand my Asperger's.
And he is totally unpredictable. So - he has to gain my confidence by his behaving with me.
But I love him very much, also, he tries to help me very much (maybe not just my Mum, she does a little more as she has more understanding), bur...he has to gain my confidence, because I feel like he doesn't want to accept some things about me and sometimes he judges me about my Aspie behavior, like I am egoistic and so. Now, luckily, very little, he used to do it more when I was younger actually.

I can say I get on well with my Mum and with my Dad a slightly less.

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2009, 6:58 am

Yes, and I wish I didn't because it dosen't do me any good.