Do you feel motivated to act as "normal" as possib

Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Do you feel motivated to act as "normal" as possible?
No. 57%  57%  [ 52 ]
Yes. 43%  43%  [ 39 ]
Total votes : 91

Urist
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Mar 2013, 2:36 pm

Mitsukichan wrote:
I feel completely forced to act "normal" in public. If i dont post something, "right" people on facebook insult me. If I cry at home, my mom thinks I'm not taking my medication. So I feel like I have to stay silent and bottled up and cry alone. I feel as if I'm alone because society just won't accept me as who I am. Everyone has flaws, and I just really wish people in this world could see that. Instead, they stare and point at you if you do something "socially unexpected". I hate that about society. No matter what we have to always follow the motion. I like being myself, and I hate how I'm forced to be like those other clones in the cast.

I would recommend just blocking and removing those people on Facebook. If they're going to act like that, they're really not worth getting upset over or listening to at all.

Punnyguy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Mar 2013, 2:38 pm

I sometimes feel I have to be normal, though often times, I just be myself.

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2013, 8:35 am

No, because I neither know what id "normal" according to others, and neither care about it.
I only know what is normal to me.
Also, I can't change the way my brain thinks.

phsocial
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Mar 2013, 4:32 pm

IceCreamGirl wrote:
About a year ago, I didn't care what people thought of me, so I did things that I'm so embarrassed about today :oops: . Today, I couldn't act the way I did a year ago; I'd be too embarrassed.
Me too. I am too eccentric, socially ret*d. After all why would anybody want such kind of attention? I should have tried harder to fit in. The thing is I get depressed when I am surrounded by people on a daily basis . When I get depressed it is not a pretty picture.

Last edited by phsocial on 15 Mar 2013, 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2013, 2:38 pm

I usually don't try to act normal. What is normal anyway? I don't usually care what other people think, so I do what I please to do. I have friends who are just as weird as me, so they appreciate my humor and weirdness.

Otherside
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Mar 2013, 4:45 am

I don't try. I've learnt to act somewhat normal, to the point that its almost just habit now, because I learnt that it would get me the least attention in life, and people would be more likely to leave me alone. At the same time though, being normal would just annoy me. I don't understand "normal people". Why would you all want to be the same? Difference is what has made the world today. Perphaps like me, normal people are just acting, but I doubt it, somehow.

So I suppose I've just learnt over the years that the best way to be left alone is to act somewhat normal, don't talk about the usage of Abilify on five year olds with pediatric bipolar disorder, don't let on that you do anything oher than the normal stuff...in fact, don't talk about likes/dislikes at all really.

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2013, 3:33 pm

No, I don't ever try to act "normal". I do, however, try not to act like a repulsive freak who constantly makes grave social errors. There's a huge difference between being a sheep and trying to be a minimally likeable person. I'd guess of you probably feel the same way.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 12:24 am

It depends on who I'm around. If I'm just out and about and not with anyone I'll see again I allow myself to stim a bit. If I'm around potential friends I do put a lot of effort into not stimming or talking about my special interests too much.

WerewolfPoet
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 10:51 am

I try to act "normal" enough not to cause considerable discomfort to others; this is as far as I am capable of seeing what "normal" is.

Violetvee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Mar 2013, 7:29 pm

Far as I'm concerned, 'normal' is a relative term. At this point I'm still just trying to be socially acceptable. Don't care if I'm normal or not.

RPG83
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Apr 2013, 4:19 am

I tried that for quite a long time, but it didn't work too well for me. I can keep up the act for a short time, but in the long term... no. I guess I'll always be what I am.