Page 4 of 13 [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

27 Apr 2011, 8:18 pm

IceCreamGirl wrote:
Type 4: Aware of the social world. Mild to moderate differences. Makes fun of NTs. Does not have public meltdowns.

Type 4 is mine -- I edited it for the sake of not knowing whether or not I possess an ASD.

NerdCat
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 May 2011, 2:24 pm

I'm a mix of type 1 and 2 I think. Well I'm a type 1 that want to be normal and compare myself with NT's is more exactly what type I am.

USMCnBNSFdude
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2011, 1:21 pm

I'm a type 3. My AS affects more of my motor skills (my hand writing is total crap). But at the time I was diagnosed, I was a type 1, easily. Always acting up and melting down and completely unaware of how awkward and stupid I looked ( I was 8 ). By the time I was 11, I was a type 2, and once I hit 13 I had become more of a type 3. Now most people have no idea I'm an aspie.

kittie
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2011, 2:45 pm

Type 2. Definitely.

CozPoz2802
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 May 2011, 4:31 am

I'm 2/3, because I do very rarely have public meltdowns (they were more common when I was younger) but now most people can't really tell at all, except I seem a little 'odd' to them, mostly because when you talk about something I'm interested in, I don't shut up unless they change the subject...

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 May 2011, 12:16 am

I am a type 3, although i cant say as though im the most popular kid in school. I am very social and love socializing so long as while im socializing, meaning having sleepovers going to dances etc. i can have a break from people every so often. such as going somehwere quiet for a few minutes every so often, whether its the bathroom or maybe in my room pretending im trying to get something.

Dessie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 May 2011, 11:43 am

IceCreamGirl wrote:
Which type of Aspie are you most like?
Type 1: Has a lot of trouble figuring out social rules. Mostly unaware of the social world. Has public meltdowns all the time.
Type 2: Wants to be normal but can't help acting different. Aware of the social world but sometimes socially awkward. Compares self to NTs all the time. Tries not to have public meltdowns but may have them once in a while.
Type 3: Very mild AS. No one can tell he/she has AS.
Type 4: Aware of the social world but is proud of being an Aspie. Mild to moderate differences. Makes fun of NTs. Does not have public meltdowns.

I'm a Type 2. Depending on what mood I'm in, I either wish I was a Type 3 or a Type 4. I used to be a Type 1 until I was 13.

I'm thinking I'm a Type 2.

Yeah, I'm a Type 2.

I wonder about Type 3 though. No one knows I have AS but me (for now). People have made comments on my differentness before though....

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 6:51 pm

Im a mix if type 2 and 3. I do have very mild AS, most people cant tell and wont intially think theres something that different about me unless I point it out to them or they've known me well for a while. To them, Im just a strange NT where Im kinda weird but its within acceptable limits for the most part. But then internally, I nitpick at everything, and I do act different then most people and I overexaggerate this in my head and I want to be normal.

In the realistic scheme of things. Im kinda ackward and weird but not to the extremes. It does affect me socially and make it harder then normal to make friends but Im still capable of making friends and connecting with people and doing majority of the activites that NTs do. Even the ones with huge social stimuli, like going to a club but I cant be there for long periods of time. I can spend an entire day with friends, like 12+ hrs but I cant do this consistently.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

25 May 2011, 7:24 pm

ocdgirl123 wrote:
Can I be a combo of some of the types?

Some symptoms of AS I have severely, some I have moderately, some I have mildly and some I don't have at all.

I'm a type 2 in some instances and type 3 in others.

Ditto.

mike_the_poet
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 May 2011, 2:27 am

I'm type 2, without meltdowns

jamiethesilent
Raven
Raven

26 May 2011, 3:21 am

Type 1.

- Cruch Bang Linux.

TheInfamousArgyle
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2011, 9:19 am

I am somewhere between three and four. No one really knows about my AS unless I say so, and I know enough about socialization and conformism to dislike them passionately. I don't make fun of NT's unless they are messing up their lives because of their blindly illogical and romantic behavior. Pains me to think about.

bridgete2010
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 May 2011, 10:46 am

type 1, and type 2- without much meltdowns.
however, I did have an anxiety attack in the grocery store last night ..

ConfusedDude
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2011, 4:59 pm

I'm types 1 and 2. sometimes people don't understand me. And I get easily pissed off.

Tantricbadass
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Jun 2011, 9:07 am

3.I used to be type 2.I still feel I have problems in the social world but I can make friends and make eye contact and carry on conversation.I am academically gifted.I am about to be in gifted classes next year.I still feel very lonely.

Vapzii
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Jun 2011, 9:27 am

Type two. I think at some point when I was younger I was one as I'd have a lot of meltdowns over little things, but I don't do that very much anymore unless I get really stressed (I go through phases of feeling fine about myself, and being unable to cope and breaking down over tiny things all the time). I wish I was four but I'm nowhere near confident enough for that.