100 things about NT teens you don't understand

Page 4 of 14 [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next

Choala
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Apr 2011, 5:16 pm

1) Their idea of friendship. They treat friends like Pokemon cards; trading them, giving them away, using them as a gambling price. It's like they don't care about others at all. And than I'm the anti-social one. :?

2) Their idea of love. "Oh, I just got dumped. Bummer. Look at the cute guy over there, maybe he's interested in a date?" Just like with friendships, they don't seem to care. It's like people are some kind of decorations they have with them, that when it goes out of trend they have to throw it away and look for the newest hot item.

3) How they don't know what respect is. It seems like most teens are always trashtalking and putting down others. Why?

4) Their closed-mindedness. They don't want to know everything they don't know.

I know, this is stereotyping. Not all NT teens are this way, I know. It's just that most of them seem to be like this

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2011, 5:21 pm

Choala wrote:
1) Their idea of friendship. They treat friends like Pokemon cards; trading them, giving them away, using them as a gambling price. It's like they don't care about others at all. And than I'm the anti-social one. :?

2) Their idea of love. "Oh, I just got dumped. Bummer. Look at the cute guy over there, maybe he's interested in a date?" Just like with friendships, they don't seem to care. It's like people are some kind of decorations they have with them, that when it goes out of trend they have to throw it away and look for the newest hot item.

3) How they don't know what respect is. It seems like most teens are always trashtalking and putting down others. Why?

4) Their closed-mindedness. They don't want to know everything they don't know.

I know, this is stereotyping. Not all NT teens are this way, I know. It's just that most of them seem to be like this

^

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2011, 5:35 pm

This belief amongst nt teens that school is some arbitrary thing that you must do because the government says so. One guy even said he should be paid to go. I don't understand why they can't see that school is a privilage. And all this skipping and then when we move onto stuff that was taught while they were skipping, they complain that they were never taught this and that it's not fair that they're being forced to do work they were never taught because they were skipping.

I could go on forever on this.

AstroGeek
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2011, 7:23 pm

Jonsi wrote:
This belief amongst nt teens that school is some arbitrary thing that you must do because the government says so. One guy even said he should be paid to go. I don't understand why they can't see that school is a privilage. And all this skipping and then when we move onto stuff that was taught while they were skipping, they complain that they were never taught this and that it's not fair that they're being forced to do work they were never taught because they were skipping.

I could go on forever on this.

x2

Zayle79
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Apr 2011, 4:58 pm

SuperMario wrote:
1.) Just how does social interaction come so easily?
2.) Why do people automatically assume that someone's differences have something to do with sexuality?
3.) How can you fail a class when your teacher gives you several opportunities to make up easy assignments, ridiculously easy extra-credit handouts, and rounds grades up 10 points?
4.) How does one get "in the loop"?
5.) Why would someone wear their pants so low that you can see their underwear?
6.) Why are the most important things to some people alcohol, drugs, and gangs?
7.) How do NTs see each other and Aspies?
8.) How do NTs find Girlfriends/Boyfriends so easily?

1) I once thought it was instinctual, but now I think it's just that they do it so much more that they get good at it.
2) To NT teens, everything is related to sexuality. Everything.
3) They don't take advantage of those opportunities because they simply don't care. Those ones view school the way Jonsi said.
4) No idea.
5) Because their peers do. I have no idea what the first ones who did it were thinking.
6) See #5.
7) No idea.
8) No idea.

Mine:
1) They form tightly-knit cliques and let nothing and no one in from outside them.
2) The view that everything unusual is bad.
3) Their obsession with appearances.
4) The way they react to something one way one moment, then a completely different way the next.

bcousins
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 9:00 pm

1. Why it is that when i say Dont touch the computer... They have to anyway.
2. Why it is Exactly why i am not allowed to talk in class, Yet they get to make stackloads of noise
3. Why it is exactly that they can lie, and do what they like, and yet we are "forced" ,if you will, to tell the truth

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 5:33 pm

Why they say "best ______ ever!" when they see a movie/show, hear a song or play a video game they like when it's not actually their favourite, they just liked it. It's even weirder when they change their mind on the "best ________ ever!" every 3 days.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

bcousins
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 8:02 pm

I can be like that at times... particularly when i come across something new.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 8:07 pm

bcousins wrote:
I can be like that at times... particularly when i come across something new.

OK, maybe it's not an NT thing, maybe it's just me.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 8:30 pm

[POST DELETED]

Last edited by ocdgirl123 on 06 May 2011, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 8:32 pm

They say that they'll "do anything" to earn a living, but when offered a job, they will turn it down if it involves any form of repetitive manual labor.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

bcousins
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 9:17 pm

Fnord wrote:
They say that they'll "do anything" to earn a living, but when offered a job, they will turn it down if it involves any form of repetitive manual labor.

Thats not necessarilly true.... We have people where mum works - They worked great as volunteers, Took the job and... They do nothing,

LiberalJustice
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 10:41 am

Why most of them are SO obsessed with popular culture to the point of insanity.

Adopted mother to a cat named Charlotte, and grandmother to 3 kittens.

Vapzii
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 May 2011, 1:45 pm

Why the girls think layers and layers of fake tan to the point that their skin is orange makes them attractive, and why the boys think this is sexy.

How they can sing songs about sex without feeling remotely awkward. Why these songs are even popular in the first place.

How the chavvy/slu*ty ones can be so cruel to people without feeling any guilt, just because they're different or quiet or try hard in lessons.

Why smoking is cool.

Why the most immature people somehow end up being the most popular.

Why they ditch friends because they're not 'cool' enough.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 1:46 pm

Vapzii wrote:
Why the girls think layers and layers of fake tan to the point that their skin is orange makes them attractive, and why the boys think this is sexy.

How they can sing songs about sex without feeling remotely awkward. Why these songs are even popular in the first place.

How the chavvy/slu*ty ones can be so cruel to people without feeling any guilt, just because they're different or quiet or try hard in lessons.

Why smoking is cool.

Why the most immature people somehow end up being the most popular.

Why they ditch friends because they're not 'cool' enough.

seconded

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 2:09 pm

Why every sentence has to have a swear word in it.

Why getting laid is such a big deal.

Why all they talk about is sex.

Why they think smoking is cool.

Why they listen to such awful, awful music.

Why it's all about popularity.

How the jerkiest of them get girlfriends.

Why they need a mobile phone in their hands at all times or they'll die.

(I'm so sorry if you're an NT and you don't do any of this; this is just from what I have seen IRL)