Page 4 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

methamphetamine
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Nov 2013, 11:48 pm

Hardstyle techno.

Just go to youtube, type hardstyle and click search newest by "week" and click on the girls^^

Alwayshardstyle6 is a good channel.

melmaclorelai
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Nov 2013, 9:03 am

I would say that the genre of music I enjoy the most is rock in its many incarnations although I do have a slight preference for the glam rock of the 70s and 80s.

I also enjoy rap, pop, country, classical, dance and heavy metal but I am slightly pickier with those genres and tend to stick to my favourite artists within those genres.

darkfuji
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Dec 2013, 7:32 am

epic orchestral.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 8:05 am

Too much music if you ask me.

Probably one of the only genres I seldom dabble into is modern Hip-Hop/R&B/Rap. A lot of the older Hip-Hop and Rap is great.

Dubstep too, I like the kind that Burial or Zomby makes.

But yeah, "Alternative" music (hence my name), Rock, Metal, Techno, Electronica, IDM yadda yadda yadda.

I'd post all the "artists" that I have stored on iTunes, but I don't wish to flood the forum page. :wink:

AlienOfRightPlanet
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Feb 2014, 7:36 pm

Reggae, piano solos, the band korn, and dubstep.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2014, 9:34 pm

PikachuDenkiNezumi wrote:
I like music from things I have been interested in.
For example, about a year and a half ago, I was really into Naruto and listened to the music from that.
I like to put headphones in my Game Boy, too.

Ditto. My iTunes library mainly consists of just video game music and anime soundtracks. Oh, and Owl City. :lol:

I have terrible hearing, though, so I always have to play my music quite loudly in order to hear it. Of course, now my parents are just thrilled about me blasting J-pop all over the house.

Herpaderp
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Feb 2014, 4:13 pm

I'm a big fan of video game soundtracks as well. I don't know why, it's probably because they're usually vocal-less (is that a word?) so the melody comes through better. There's Kingdom Hearts, Professor Layton, Epic Mickey and Pokémon soundtracks

And then there's movie soundtracks. Everything by Hans Zimmer (Pirates of the Carribean, Inception) is so incredibly epic. I usually find myself focusing more on the music than the movie at times :P

It's my dream to compose for movies or games :3
I also like some pop music, for example Owl City and LaRoux (Bulletproof, Not Your Toy).

EDIT: Also, the Baseballs, who do Elvis-like covers of recent pop songs.

FeralRobot
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Feb 2014, 12:12 pm

Punk and alternative rock: Sleeping with Sirens, Blink-182, Fall out Boy, and some other stuff like The Gaslight Anthem.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2014, 2:34 pm

I like to listen to Country, Southern Rock.
I also listen to movie scores and video game soundtracks.

RedStar98
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Feb 2014, 3:19 pm

I love music, and listen to mostly punk/rock/hardcore and combinations of those genres. I wouldn't say I listen to the same as 'normal' people, as I listen to mostly political stuff. Some of my favourite bands are BoySetsFire, Rise Against, Enter Shikari, The (International) Noise Conspiracy, Raised Fist, Pennywise, Sick Of It All and Lower Than Atlantis.

DisneyAddict
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Feb 2014, 4:57 pm

Currently addicted to Black Veil Brides and far too many Disney songs 8O but otherwise i'll listen to anything as long as it calms me down or cheers me up to cope with the day :')<3 any good punk or rock music suggestions...?:D

TotallyNotNamed
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Feb 2014, 12:16 pm

I listen to a lot of different genres.
Rock, Classic Rock, Metal, Death Metal, Techno, Dubstep, and some British Rap

My favorite artists include:
Led Zeppelin
Rush
Dream Theater
Tool
Arsis
Children of Bodom
Fliptrix
Rhyme Asylum
and a few others

dragonzatch
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Feb 2014, 12:40 am

Typically Eminem, Top 40 (though there haven't been any good songs lately in Top 40, what is going on?!), and J-pop.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 5:13 am

Mainly into any kind of music but Dubstep/Electronic is my main genre. Also '80s electronic music. Finally Christina Perri and her love songs and Owl City and his songs are good.

Classical musics very good, I'll admit that. It gets very epic at times.

Often I do find myself in a minority when it comes to music. It seems like everyone likes Pop, Rap and certain types of Rock, while I listen to '80s New Wave/Pop and Modern Electronic or Christina Perri love songs.

All the people at school talk about Katy Perry, Macklemore, Nicki Minaj, Lady Gaga, etc. I like to talk about Owl City, Skrillex, Datsik, Christina Perri, Duran Duran, Pet Shop Boys, Michael Jackson, etc.

Christina Perri seems to be the only semi-popular singer that other people might talk about.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 7:08 am

enough time has elapsed since my last reference to this song, that i think it is again freshly harvestable.

it is a very hard thing to accept that almost everyone in this thread is desperately trying to elicit a nice comment on what they are posting, but no one is watching, and instead they are posting their own musical "life stories" that themselves also are ignored.

well whatever.

i will, even in this situation, again post a frank zappa song that spells the reality of my unbridled autism.
my mind is sucked into spinning things like water down a plug hole. the axis of any spinning thing is where i want to go, but interpretation is something new.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_RZH3RkQjQ

b9
Veteran
Veteran