Page 5 of 9 [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Latics-Legend
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Jul 2010, 2:05 am

Primary School I had some friends and some enemies. Had the every now and then problem but it was alright.

My first secondary school since day 1 I was pretty much everyone's punching bag for 18 months before I left school. Felt like commiting suicide, that was hell.

My second secondary school nearly everyone was really nice wether they were popular or not. I had some decent friends and pretty much no enemies, probably the only time where school was alright.

Dnuos
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2010, 9:52 pm

The past two years of high school (Junior and Senior), the only years that bullying was completely absent, I was semi-popular I guess. I wasn't popular, but wasn't invisible - even though it seemed like that quite a bit. I got more involved my Senior year, so that might've helped. I was kind of all over the place, with athletics, band, church, charity groups, academics, etc...

This is in the sense that I was well-known, but while I had quite a few acquaintances, it didn't change the fact that I only had 2-3 actual friends, the only ones I've made in life.

Before those two years? Some were worse than others, but overall I had suicidal thoughts multiple times throughout the years. In phases, not constantly. I guess the amount of bullying I had could've been worse, but it left a lasting impression on me anyways; I think that's called trauma?

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2010, 4:28 pm

Its odd, i have no social life whatsoever and only have a couple of friends yet everyone in every school ive been to remembers me like if i was partying every night and hanging out with everyone.

jaymannj
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Aug 2010, 5:25 pm

well it depends.... i mean i have friends who r NT's and they r popular... i mean like people ask them why they hang w/me and they say cause im cool so i guess im popular by association if u get my drift... like if i do sumthin like flip out in class i become extremly popular... but its negative popularity.... actually to think about it is there such a thing as positive popularity in highschool.... i mean girls are popular for dressing and acting like prostitutes and guys are popular for trying to act tough and playing sports and pretending they actually have a future w/the sport they play so instead of spending their time finding an actual ocupation they play sports... wash out and become reliant upon their parents money to live.... so idt there really is a positve popular....

CMD
Raven
Raven

09 Aug 2010, 4:14 pm

MXH wrote:
Its odd, i have no social life whatsoever and only have a couple of friends yet everyone in every school ive been to remembers me like if i was partying every night and hanging out with everyone.

Same here, even people I have never made contact with seem to know who I am. For the most part, I'm not 'popular' as in talking to everyone and having hundreds of friends. I have plenty of friends for me and try to be friendly when around others, but I'm far from popular.

UDAspie13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Aug 2012, 8:14 pm

SolaCatella wrote:
Who cares? I never understood that all-possessing obsession some people have with popularity, especially middle schoolers.

*shrugs* There are people who like me. There are almost certainly people who don't, although they don't bother me and I do try to bother them. The vast majority of people do not know me--it's very similar to KBABZ's situation. I'm just as pleased by it as KBABZ is, too. :P

me neither. Who wants to have 10+ people hugging on you and talking at you all AT THE SAME TIME. I would be like emotionally exhausted after. I mean, going to home school group that has 15 MAX people in a class is just about my limit.

joannaaleksandra
Toucan
Toucan

01 Sep 2012, 2:54 pm

I am sort of popular (as a weird girl who reads neuroscience books instead of talking about 'cute' boys). As for the 'everybody adores you' type of popularity, I've always thought that it exists only in TV shows - until I went to middle school. It seems that it's most people's main interest at that age. I completely fail to understand that.

UDAspie13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Sep 2012, 3:11 pm

joannaaleksandra wrote:
I am sort of popular (as a weird girl who reads neuroscience books instead of talking about 'cute' boys). As for the 'everybody adores you' type of popularity, I've always thought that it exists only in TV shows - until I went to middle school. It seems that it's most people's main interest at that age. I completely fail to understand that.

Same

Charmless
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Sep 2012, 12:14 am

I'm really only even thought about at all when someone needs something from me.

"Goddamn it, you've got to be kind."-Kurt Vonnegut

I like Vonnegut quotes, OKAY?

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

02 Sep 2012, 11:09 pm

I have plenty of friends among the more "popular" group, but my popularity in high school will not benefit me in the future. So, I don't really care.

Sempiternal
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 12:36 am

In high school, I don't think I am popular. I don't make a lot of close relationships (too lazy to start over again now that there's barely anyone from my middle and elementary school) with people and wander off by myself during break or lunch when I can't figure out how to join a conversation.

Apparently, back in middle school, I was according to some people... (A person even felt threatened when she found out that I was her boyfriend's best friend and called me that word.) That's an odd thing to say about me, really. I rarely ever joined in conversations back in middle school either (especially in eighth grade, seventh grade was better), but I did hang around with the "popular" people due to some... circumstances in elementary school. They really are nice people though (who aren't stereotypically popular), MUCH better than the friend I hung out with before who kept emotionally abusing me for years. :lol:

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 10:59 am

Popular? More like infamous :lol:

Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 6:28 pm

When I first went to high school, I was hated and bullied. Last school year, I was extremely popular for months for reasons I still can't understand but now, people have started to ignore me again.

UDAspie13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Sep 2012, 8:35 pm

@Curiotical
Your signature has a misspell... antidisestablishmentariAnist. Sorry. It was REALLY bugging me.

Aliakim
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Sep 2012, 6:58 am

I'm not unpopular, although I wouldn't say I'm particularly popular either. I have a boyfriend, four really close friends I tell everything to, five close friends who are good and always there for me, as well as a number of acquaintances. Mostly in the sort of nerdy group. I've always been lucky in making friends, and must have found some of the most understanding and brilliant people in the entire world. It takes me a long time to become friends with people and to really trust them, but once I do they stay around for years, usually until they move away and we lose contact. When I started going out with my boyfriend (about the same 'status' as me), we were the major gossip for a few weeks. I would hear people talking about us when I passed them and obviously they didn't recognize me in person, and I've never seen them before, so it was a very strange feeling and seemed completely out of the blue. Other than that I think I'm mostly another quiet girl, in my normal group of quiet girls. Only my friends know about the AS at school, not that I'm actually hiding it.

BigManAsper
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Sep 2012, 11:15 pm

Quite. When I was in high school. Nearly every teacher and several students knew me. My Aspergers... not so much (Heck, when I told some students I had it, they didn't seem to care).