Yes-Prodestant 18%  18%  [ 40 ]
Yes- Other 21%  21%  [ 47 ]
No 52%  52%  [ 114 ]
Total votes : 220

Mist
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Jan 2008, 9:50 am

I am a devout Christian, and have been since I was very young. I love God with all my heart, and I know He watches over me. I consider myself Ecumenical. In other words, I don't have one denomination. I find that I am somewhat of an outcast among other Christians because I have "unique" views on things.

-Mist

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2008, 8:40 pm

I most certainly am NOT. and the original post sounds...a bit...fake.

BaileyC
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Jan 2008, 12:24 am

there is a difference between catholic and christian cause btw im christian catholics like believe in the both and asking a priest to forgive their sins while christians believe you can pray and ask jesus to come in your heart and forgive your sins and when you have done something wrong you can just to talk to god and opray that he will forgive you.(which he will) i would just liked ot share that with you..ty for taking your time to listen to what i have to say take care :)

lovebat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Feb 2008, 7:24 am

I would say I'm a casual Christian. Either the stuff in the Bible is true and in that case its hard not to be a believer, or it isn't true and it is the greatest work of fiction ever written. Either way, I'm impressed. I definitely believe that a lot of things aren't literally true, but are only meant to be interpreted figuratively.

TheFace
Toucan
Toucan

01 Feb 2008, 7:26 am

I'm a Jesus freak

ayra
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Location: My invented world, ie Kalia (kuh-lee-uh) or just stuck in Texas rollercoaster weather

28 Feb 2008, 2:32 pm

squatterandtheant wrote:
Thank God I'm an atheist.

You're thanking God that you're an athiest?!?!? I would think that you'd be thanking yourself b/c athiests supposedly don't believe in a God. Obviously something is wrong there.

The Bible has been proven also with the Red Sea. There are remains of chariots on the bottom.
Job was in the time period of the Chaldeans and there is pottery and writings from then.
Just a few more facts.

My cat is the only one lately to try and distract me from this world.

Everchanging
Toucan
Toucan

Location: In my ivory tower where I don't have to pretend to care what you think any more.

28 Feb 2008, 2:42 pm

Indoctrinated into Catholicism, but been a hardcore agnostic ever since I've been old enough to know better.

russian
Raven
Raven

29 Feb 2008, 3:52 pm

Whenever people say Jesus is cool, I'm always confused. How can a diety be subject to the same adjective as a BMWZ3?

Disc-Thrower
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Mar 2008, 11:36 am

in reply to why bad things like the holocaust or 9/11 or the tsunamis occur,

St Augustine says: "Since God is the highest good, He would not allow any evil to exist in His works, unless His omnipotence and goodness were such as to bring good even out of evil." This is part of the infinite goodness of God, that He should allow evil to exist, and out of it produce good.
-St. Thomas Aquinas.

sorry i just felt like i had to add that in.

Kayota
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Mar 2008, 3:44 am

squatterandtheant wrote:
Religion foments bigotry, abuses children, fuels war, and abuses basic human rights.

There is no evidence of god whatsoever. It is simply wishful thinking.

Reason must prevail over blind faith.

Wise up!

I have to agree with you. Athiest all the way!

The_Cinephile
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Mar 2008, 7:57 pm

Kayota wrote:
squatterandtheant wrote:
Religion foments bigotry, abuses children, fuels war, and abuses basic human rights.

There is no evidence of god whatsoever. It is simply wishful thinking.

Reason must prevail over blind faith.

Wise up!

I have to agree with you. Athiest all the way!

I have seen first-hand what raising a child as a devout Christian can do.
Luckily, I'm strong-willed.
I do things my own way.
All throughout my childhood, I was completely controlled by my fear of hell.
I had to be perfect
For God.
When I realized that God was just an illusion, it was like a great weight had been lifted off of me.
Christianity has become politics.
It's a religion of fear and hate.
It is inherently filthy.

Undead undead undead
The virginal brides file past his tomb
Strewn with time's dead flowers
Bereft in deathly bloom
Alone in a darkened room

Teoka
Raven
Raven

17 Mar 2008, 11:40 pm

ayra wrote:
squatterandtheant wrote:

You're thanking God that you're an athiest?!?!? I would think that you'd be thanking yourself b/c athiests supposedly don't believe in a God. Obviously something is wrong there.

It's a saying, hun.

BTW - I don't like religion any more than the next atheist, but let's leave these guys alone, okay? We have our threads, and they have their's.

Aspie score: 159 out of 200

z0rp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 11:09 am

ayra wrote:
squatterandtheant wrote:

It's a saying and it's quite humorous. Also, I have no beliefs, I can say Thank Buddha or whatever I want, there's no stupid rules I have to follow or I'll burn in the ground my whole life. (wow sounds exactly what I would think a primitive human would make up :D )

ayra wrote:
The Bible has been proven also with the Red Sea. There are remains of chariots on the bottom.
Job was in the time period of the Chaldeans and there is pottery and writings from then.
Just a few more facts.

That doesn't prove your religion at all... There's no proof that there's a God, no proof that Jesus had any powers and wasn't just a good fraud. etc. It's all bulllsh*t.

Thatmew
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 12:31 pm

I wish not to aggervate, and not to push. I wish not to have to defend my beleifs, but will listen at the least, is all I ask.
The image that many christans give off useally has a tendency to give the wrong image, thus repeling the rest of the crowd, for most would think, "They behave no diffrent." . Then there are those, who condemm you even if you express emotion. Both not very good images.
...Then, there is my faith. I am a Nondenominational Christan, and I very much so have fun in church. (I am not the type who pubicly displays much at all. I need to get out of my confert zone.) By fun, I mean, you actually learn, and have fun but, when the LORD moves, you never know what will happen next. I have a great youth pastor, who firmly belives that you are allowed to have fun while learning the word. At my church, services have no time constraits, for the reason that God does not have limits. We belive in speaking in unknown tounges, and that is exceleent by me. Our seinor pastor is...quite a person. He plays viedo games too, proving you can have a time to your self, but the main focus first is God, then other things. "Teaching and training for victory in reigning."- One of the many goals of our church. We belive in the whole bible, not a single scripture is ignored. If I have you interested, or you want to visit my church, or possibly flame me, just send a Private message my way. One last thing... view me as you wish, I am only a beliver in christ here to change things for the better. (Do reply at will.)

Scribbler
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Mar 2008, 8:34 pm

Okay, I'm a lapsed Catholic... I'm not a believer in this "happy happy, Protestant 'let's play guitars in church and dance about'" nonsense, but each to their own - I'm not here to have that sort of argument.

I believe in God because I don't want to accept that everything's ruled by science. I believe in Jesus because there's evidence of him - not as the son of God, but as an early sort of... religious activist. He was a rebel who shook the Jewish faith up a bit. Kudos.

Religion doesn't start any wars or commit any atrocities - it's merely used as an excuse for doing so by the evil people who do.

Sometimes it makes me cringe when people dance around and say "I'm not going to have sex because God doesn't like it" and things like that, but really - if people want to inflict that on themselves, fine.

Oh... and religion's always bad when you try to force it on others.

Peace :D

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2008, 6:10 pm

I'm becoming a Buddist. I'm extremely interested in the religion and I have most of their beliefs.