Page 5 of 20 [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 3:34 pm

Paladin_Cecil wrote:
SierraBell wrote:
Hmm, is he for real do you know?

I dunno... It's hard so hard for me to tell if people are for real online. I've dated around six guys online, and I still don't know if any of them were real...
You ask them "Are you for Real?"

dwynotRuns
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Apr 2008, 10:30 pm

If I ever got a gf it would be because she made the first move or I stopped being lazy and got rid of my acne, monotone voice, and social awkwardness, which would give me the confidence to make a move.

I'll be waiting...

sim
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 4:34 am

I had one, we didn't understand each other, and this resulted in a LOT of jealousy (never found out whether it was justified) on my behalf. Then I stopped overanalyzing and got sad instead of angry when things went wrong. Now we're just friends. I want to date someone but I get really impatient if I'm bored. I wouldn't really mind online dating. I've heard so much though about when someone you love online suddenly stops talking.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 5:51 am

Nope, never have, and going into college did not seem to increase my prospects. There's always a little voice in my head saying I never will, and I have a sort of selfish desire to extinguish it which has always been there. I do know that I wasted at least one and perhaps more than one opportunity that I didn't have the cop-on at the time to see, but that's all part of the experience isn't it. At least I can say I have plenty of experience with getting rejected and screwing things up.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 5:55 am

MartyMoose wrote:
Paladin_Cecil wrote:
SierraBell wrote:
Hmm, is he for real do you know?

I dunno... It's hard so hard for me to tell if people are for real online. I've dated around six guys online, and I still don't know if any of them were real...
You ask them "Are you for Real?"

Pretty sure that's not how you do it.

Poeticromance
Toucan
Toucan

25 Apr 2008, 4:50 pm

I feel like that. My ex is impossible. I miss and still love him but he keeps changing his personality towards me. I have no one else to look for since no guy looks at me as more than a werid chick or at most close friend. I've been single for almost a year. My freshman year, I had a lot of people who liked me, now it's like I lost whatever I had then to keep people looking my way. Everyone around me is getting someone but me *sigh*

blondie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Apr 2008, 1:39 pm

I feel that way too but I guess why I haven't tried to ask boys I like out is because I appearently have a fear of abandonment so I guess when people try to get close to me I get scared and push them away but the people who talked with me about it said that a way to combat that is to let them comfort me which scares me but it's get better it doesn't make me feel uncomfortable anymore.

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2008, 8:27 pm

I increasingly feel it's just not worth the trouble; I don't need the drama, and don't really expect anything from dating and romance anymore. My recent experiences are: a girl was flirting with me, and then decided I was not good enough to introduce to her friends; a girl I really like rejected me when I asked her out, and it cost me a good friendship; another girl I like is moving to the other side of the world soon, so no point in asking her out; of the few remaining single girls I know here (single girls in this town are almost non-existent), one of them seems to loathe me for absolutely no reason and my very existence seems to offend her, and another is a slut who however would never degrade herself to dating me.
In any case, here I'm at the bottom of the barrel - a Third World passport, a non-white, a student, an introvert. Yes, I have things to offer, like fidelity, commitment, caring; but these are neither flashy nor in fashion. I have no intention of staying here for good, and what British girl would follow me back to the Third World?
A funny thing, until fairly recently I viewed romantic love as the only type of connection, apart from parent-child, worth pursuing at all; friendship seemed worthless. Now, I value friendship and, because I either know for a fact I would be rejected or I'm not interested, I don't know anybody there would be a point in asking out.

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

Maxrebo
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 May 2008, 3:49 pm

I feel the same waty because I am a guy and I feel weird when talking to girls because I am shy and I want to watch my tounge dont want say anything brash or rude that because I dont want to come off creepy. So I maybe a man but it understand your trouble and how you feel.I feel much better when talking to guys but I am definatly not gay because other men don't do it for me. and I am not sure about bi.

Eel_Nadroj
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 May 2008, 1:32 am

I do feel that currently. I was with a girl for about 8 months and well, it ended horribly. I somewhat can't move on from it either.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2008, 2:29 pm

I have a crush on a guy, but I don't think he likes me back...I've already have had many unsuccessful crushes...so I'm not all that hopeful...

Eel_Nadroj
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 May 2008, 3:42 pm

ebec11 wrote:
I have a crush on a guy, but I don't think he likes me back...I've already have had many unsuccessful crushes...so I'm not all that hopeful...

Have you tried talking to him to get to know him personally? I mean even if you feel a crush is unsuccessful it still helps to give it a try?

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2008, 3:54 am

ebec11 wrote:

sorry to hear that, I know all too well how that feels.

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

MissPickwickian
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2008, 8:13 pm

I haven't had a crush. . .well, ever. I am dying to fall in love.

I am a seriously lonely human being. I crave conversation and touch in the lip-biting,
tender way that only the truly lonely can.

I tell myself and everyone else (including WP) that I'm asexual*. I read a lot of Nietzsche. If I did not half-deny the power of love, it would indeed be too much to bear, this loneliness.

*alas, no. I am of the earth, sadly. I like girls.