Page 5 of 7 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2009, 6:54 pm

For some reason my hand writing is dire, but I'm good at drawing with little piddly details, it's like my fine motor skills just contradict eachother.

steeviebops
Raven
Raven

05 Jun 2009, 5:38 pm

My handwriting is poor, I can't catch a ball to save my life and my depth perception isn't great either. I also tend to randomly lose my balance and either stumble over or fall outright, it happened while playing a Wii with my brother last Christmas, I just ended up on the floor! Not to mention falling face first between a girl's legs on a school bus, one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. I hated playing sports in school because I was always rubbish at them.

However I can ride a bike and quite enjoy doing it actually.

Cicely
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2009, 10:06 pm

I'm awful at judging distances, I bump into stuff and trip over my own feet on a regular basis, it took me a long time to tie my shoes, swim, and ride a bike, I can't catch or throw a ball or play sports of any kind, I'm a hopelessly awkward dancer, I have weird way of walking, and I'm just a generally graceless person. But I didn't have any trouble learning to walk (I didn't crawl first, though) and my handwriting is fine.

Ben_Shapiro
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Jun 2009, 5:24 am

I am good at sport in general but precise movements like typing, writing and not knocking objects over require a lot of concentration and need to be done slowly.

Corydaman93
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jun 2009, 4:42 pm

bump

http://www.myviewonautismessay.webs.com

Tea
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jul 2009, 1:37 am

I have a lot of difficulty with movement and balance and stuff, but I have spinal misalignment and fibromyalgia as well. @_@;

Matty93
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Jul 2009, 10:22 am

My hand-eye co-ordination isn't too good, making me crap at most ball sports/games. It used to be worse when I younger, I couldn't tie my own shoe-laces for the majoraty of my late childhood.

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2009, 10:47 am

The you'll miss out most of the nice shoes in the world except Reebok Pump! Sigh.

L_Lawlliet
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Aug 2009, 4:53 pm

i have always been pretty clumsy.. i still have a hard time while pouring things into a glass because 7/10 times I spill whatever i'm pouring... and i have never been able to play any sports cause i'm not able to kick the ball or catch it....but other that that i guess i'm fine

Und dir in jeder dunklen nacht erschein'
Und dann fliegen
wir weit weg von hier
Wir werden uns nie mehr verlier'n

SingInSilence
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Aug 2009, 9:06 pm

My motor skills are generally typical, but I have a few (fairly minor) problems: I drop things a lot, especially when I'm not paying close attention; I walk into doorframes more often than I go through them; and I lose my balance if I put more weight on one foot than the other (but that might be because my feet pronate, not because of any potential ASD).

parrotnut
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Aug 2009, 3:21 pm

I lack hand-eye coordination, such as catching, swinging a bat, amongst other things. I also have a lot of trouble buttoning my shirts/pants/shorts, so I don't wear many button up things.

Corydaman93
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Aug 2009, 12:56 pm

I don't have any significant problems with buttons but with some particular belts, don't even go there.

http://www.myviewonautismessay.webs.com

SK4
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Sep 2009, 6:38 pm

I suck at throwing and catching, but I skateboard and snowboard for fun, I can balance really well but my peers got better at skateboarding than I did much quicker. I think myself and all Aspies can do something appealing that they really want to do, even if it requires motor movement that they aren't too good at.

kc8ufv
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2009, 11:44 am

Sice I was a little kid, my right knee drops out on me at random. No idea why. Though, I usually can tell when this is going to happen, and shift my weight onto my left, and noone notices. I never thought this was unusual until within the last couple years.

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2009, 11:57 pm

I'm clumsy, I'm always bumping into things, people tell me I walk weirdly. I can't catch a ball to save my life, I often feel like I'm not sure where to put myself and my posture is weird. I also seem to cut people off while walking.

By weird walk I mean that my legs go much too far and I walk extremely fast.

I've always been told that I'm clumsy and I never got why, it's not like I could help it.

jamesp420
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Oct 2009, 12:59 pm

I can't catch or jump. And people have told me I told walk weird, I just kind of strut. lol

http://www.facebook.com/jamesp420