Page 6 of 6 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2012, 12:07 pm

I the past I used to like Rammstein and Dir en grey...both bands are awful and super mainstream in their countries.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2012, 1:47 pm

bcousins wrote:
USMCnBNSFdude wrote:
Yeah, Trains.

agreed
as with the internet
computers
social networking
and gaining peoples reszpect

What's so embarrassing about that?

Anyways, mine would be videogames anime (past obssession) and music.

Both insanely nerdy for my age group.

joannaaleksandra
Toucan
Toucan

01 Aug 2012, 2:21 pm

KissOfMarmaladeSky wrote:
I have an obssesion with helping people with rare diseases, and not just the ones that are rare but you've heard of it. I want to help diagnose ones that nobody has even heard of, and that makes my grandparents mad because "It's a dumb idea."
\

Pretty much the same. I am interested mainly in the neurodegenerative diseases of the childhood, and this is a weird topic to be brought up in a conversation, or at least my friends say so.

Reesie20
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Aug 2012, 11:34 pm

Pseudeos wrote:
I used to be obsessed with researching drugs; how they are made, chemical names, statistics, etc. I think that is quite embarrassing >.<

I am right now! My mom caught me reading a book on pills that we had laying around the house and I was so embarrassed by it. :oops:

PixieXW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Aug 2012, 3:32 pm

xemmaliex wrote:
well, my obsessions arent exactly embarrassing unless I talk about them and someone POINTS out that I've been going on and on. I would just flush and go bright red. My friends know about all my obsessions, as they know I have aspergers and understand I can't help it. My family know about my interests, but they hardly know about their intensity. I spend most of my time home alone, in my room, or at my friends house (my second home), so they don't really pay enough attention (I hardly talk to them, even when they are home).
i am interested (slightly morbidly) in pokemon... I LOVE it :)
and classical music (playing. i play the flute and recorder at grade 7- been learning two yearS)
and harry potter. its slightly alarming, how obsessed i am with it. i named my FISH voldemort.
One interest I'd rather no-one knew about, and no-one WILL in my home, is the Victorian period. I know. Odd.
xx

The Victorian era is like a subject I've always had a passion about- there is no end to the information you can find about it! I love all the dark stuff like baby farms!

NextDoorLunatic
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Aug 2012, 2:43 am

Not so much. But I like to read about paraphilias, which in itself can actually be a 'fun thing' to talk to NT friends about, but researching them can be awkward; I stopped counting how many times I ended up being on the weirdest Internet sites that don't provide information but, ehm... material (which is honestly and obviously not what I am looking for).
Concering death and violent things... I never really considered not talking about them. Sometimes people tell me that I sound more exited than I should when talking about torture methods and such, on the other hand I get to hear the same thing when going into detail about things they consider extremely boring. :)

CrazyRatLady

15 Aug 2012, 12:45 am

I have somewhat of an obsession with malware, I never really realised it was an obsession until my mom pointed out, during breakfast, that I talk about 'viruses' (I corrected her, saying that a virus is just one type of malware) far too much to be healthy. I said I was just interested in it, but people think I'm weird when I bring it up. It extends to other computer related topics, but malware is by far my favourite.

A really weird one: I used to be obsessed with suicide. I knew all the statistics by heart, knew the most obscure ways to kill a human being. I wasn't even suicidal, I just thought it was really interesting. It's a great way to learn about the human body, too. To this day I can point out a lot of veins and arteries. I can state whether a (hypothetical) injury is likely to be fatal, and when not. I know a great deal about toxicology, can name many poisons and their lethal doses, and under which circumstances death is most likely to occur.

Another really creepy one: serial killers. I know there are a lot of people out there who have an obsession with them that is of a somewhat sexual nature, but my interest was purely academical. I read into ASPD (anti-social personality disorder, not advanced sleep phase disorder) and related disorders quite a bit.

Movies and books, to a really weird extend. I'll still be talking about a movie I saw weeks ago if I liked it. In general, if I have recently experienced something epic, I'll be talking about it for weeks.

That's pretty much it I suppose.

bcousins
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2012, 4:39 am

muslimmetalhead wrote:
bcousins wrote:
USMCnBNSFdude wrote:
Yeah, Trains.

agreed
as with the internet
computers