100 things about NT teens you don't understand

Page 6 of 14 [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

unrecognized_object
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 May 2011, 6:32 am

Why are they so afraid of being alone?They just don't seem to be able to spend a day without meeting each other, using mobile phones or facebook.
Why do they think that a classmate is either a friend or a foe?
What's so amusing about drinking and partying and kissing random people, that it has to be told over and over again when they meet?
Why do they play their stupid music in public?Or in other words, why do they seek attention so eagerly?
Why do the girls kiss with each other when they meet and hold hands even though they're not lovers? And why so many of them pretend to be bisexual and openly talk about their bisexual experiences?
Why do they want everyone to be the same?Why are they such drama queens? Why are they so narcissistic? Why can't they just tell the person that they don't like him or her, and instead pretend to be friends with that person and gossip behind his/her back and try to do something bad to that person and later pretend to be irresponsible about it?

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 10:11 am

bcousins wrote:
gailryder17 wrote:
Why they say "i luv you" or "<3 u" on Facebook. I hate the lack of meaning those typed characters hold.

Youve been caught there too....

What do you mean? That I once did this? Yes, I admit I used to, but now I don't. I don't understand why I did it before.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 3:10 pm

Why do they laugh at you if you don't know all the names of every drug, sexual interaction, and celebrities?

Actually the celebrity thing goes on right through life, from teenage to adulthood (usually old people and children are no longer interested). But if you're aged between 12 and 65, how come you get ridiculed if you get confused with who a certain celebrity is, and so on?

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 6:35 pm

Why do they feel like they always have to be stuck to their friends all the time? They need to spend all their time with their friends.

Why is it when it really comes down to things, they'll hangout with the person in their clique and be all friendly as stuff to the person they dont really like vs. being alone.

bridgete2010
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 May 2011, 9:39 pm

ocdgirl123 wrote:
The whole "teacher's pet", "your gay" and "you act like you are (insert race here)" concept. It's really odd. :roll:

I'm a teachers pet, I am bisexual, and I'm only 1/16th black, yet habe been told by two black people that I'm "blacker than them"

lul

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 11:52 am

Why do they always have to make a noise (any noise at all) when they pass you, especially when you're on your own? Yesterday I walked past a crowd and a girl from the crowd made a low murmuring noise as she passed me, and was looking at me so I knew she was doing the weird noise at me. I was like, ''what the f**k???''

TheInfamousArgyle
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2011, 8:56 am

I don't understand the drama, or why they befriend people that are extremely annoying. And no matter how annoying they are, they expect you to deal with it. High school is a cesspool of egocentricity!
More things:
They like to make noise and talk, as opposed to being busy
They really enjoy not doing anything at all
They don't really have well-developed hobbies
Their personalities are very restricted (by this I mean that, between individuals, there is not much difference in their personalities)
They think that sex is some kind of magical and fantastic ritual (Sure, it's really cool and deep when shared with someone that is loved... but then they don't know real love when they see it! Sex isn't something that should be made into some status symbol, in my opinion.)

bridgete2010
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 May 2011, 11:02 am

I don't understand why some NTs call me crazy for my quirks..

...and then proceed to ask if I hear voices, or talk to myself or objects...

quite honestly I talk to myself, but that's only to straighten out my thoughts

Vapzii
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Jun 2011, 10:19 am

Dessie wrote:
-The whole text speak language thing. "y do dey type lyke dis?"

This. I used to try and text like that so I'd do it 'normally' but in the end I gave up 'cause my own grammar in those texts started bugging me so much.

Felicity wrote:
Why they take photographs of themselves and insist I do the same, to the point where they become offended when I don't show them pictures of myself..

I get this online sometimes, but not much since I don't pick people like that to be my friends. I hate having my picture taken, and to be honest I'd rather not have it all over the internet where any old person could see it either.

unrecognized_object wrote:
Why do they play their stupid music in public?Or in other words, why do they seek attention so eagerly?

This too. Honestly, I know it's music that most people like, but some people (like me) don't want to hear it. One day I should play metal so they can all hear it just to see how they like it.

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2011, 10:48 am

bridgete2010 wrote:
I don't understand why some NTs call me crazy for my quirks..

...and then proceed to ask if I hear voices, or talk to myself or objects...

quite honestly I talk to myself, but that's only to straighten out my thoughts

I deal with the same thing. I was walking to the bathroom where a bunch of girls were playing with a ball and I was mumbling to myself and one of the girls said, "Who is she talking to?"

Taylor1002
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2011, 6:51 pm

Why do they drink in front of their peers if they care so much about fitting-in and know the effects of alcohol?

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2011, 2:27 am

Taylor1002 wrote:
Why do they drink in front of their peers if they care so much about fitting-in and know the effects of alcohol?

Why they drink in general.

MyDogSasha
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Jun 2011, 4:33 pm

why girls have to do everything for there boyfriend/that there boyfriend says even if they dont want to

LiberalJustice
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 12:49 am

Why they usually, if not always, prioritize their friends over family and school.

Adopted mother to a cat named Charlotte, and grandmother to 3 kittens.

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 12:13 pm

LiberalJustice wrote:
Why they usually, if not always, prioritize their friends over family and school.

I think this is because they are trying to push away from family to assert their independence and part of that entails pushing away from school as to avoid impressing their parents too much and getting more in touch with their peers.

Forever in debt to your priceless advice

Confucius
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Aug 2011, 4:29 pm

Why do they always ask for my help when I don't want them to?
Why do the girls take so many pictures of themselves?
Why do they seek so much attention?
Why can they not understand things when I do try to help them.