Do you feel like your too mentally mature for your age?

Page 6 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Sparrow40k
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Feb 2014, 8:48 pm

I've always had a mental clash my whole life..

I feel like I have the thought power and mentality of someone whom could be 40+ and yet at the same time, I feel like I could play around all day, being silly and acting as if I was 8

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2014, 12:05 am

Sparrow40k wrote:
I've always had a mental clash my whole life..

I feel like I have the thought power and mentality of someone whom could be 40+ and yet at the same time, I feel like I could play around all day, being silly and acting as if I was 8

This. Sparrow summed it up perfectly.

wisenupjanetweiss
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Mar 2014, 12:21 am

Sometimes. Sometimes I forget that I'm 17, I'll wake up thinking I'm like in my mid to late 20s. Then I remember...

Probably a good thing that I'm not, though. I wouldn't last a day. :? It's hard enough being this emotionally immature at 17.

LMH
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Mar 2014, 11:41 am

I'm a bit of both. I used to be described as being "15 going on 45" a lot, as I could debate for hours in RE class about the concept of God's power and proof of his existence versus the evidence and recorded history of the existence of demons and Satan, or have a two-person debate with my History teacher about the greatness of impact of the 1920s on today's culture, right in the middle of class.
Yet on the reverse side of the coin, I still find myself playing 'pretend games' in my head to this day, and I love this gothic children's show, Trapped, but it got cancelled.

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone else think they're in the wrong time? Personally, I feel I should be born in 1968, and should be a teenager in the 1980s?