23 Oct 2009, 7:38 am

oh yeah..
today i bumped into THINGS.
makes me so embarassed, because i tried to look cool :oops:

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2009, 2:33 pm

i suck at sports (probably hand eye coordination) and i can't hold chopsticks the proper way. I just squeeze them together and i'm chinese btw so my parents would've tried to teach me to hold chopsticks the proper way ever since i started eating solid food.

FallingStar
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Oct 2009, 4:01 pm

My handwriting is dreadful, and for some reason, I write a lot slower than most other people. I just can't make my hand move quickly enough.

I cannot mimic complex motions to save my life. Last year, I tried out for my school's drama club musical, but I didn't realize there was choreography involved. Let's just say I ran off the stage crying in frustration because I couldn't do most of what the other kids were doing.
I took fencing lessons for a year and a half, but I had a lot of trouble with the different moves and positions. I quit because I thought I was the worst one in the class.

I couldn't tie my shoes until I was 8 or ride a bike until I was 15.

I cannot throw or catch a ball. Or, for that matter, hit the ball with a bat. It's always so embarassing when my gym class plays softball, because the gym teacher always tries to show me how to stand and how to swing, but of course I can't do it properrly. Sometimes I accidentally throw the bat when I swing it. Once, I tripped over first base and fell face-first into the dirt. Not fun. :oops:

I am the only person I know who is capable of tripping five times in under two minutes.

I could never run fast, even though I have long legs. Plus, I have some kind of knee condition, in which there is a space in my knee that shouldn't be there.

Corydaman93
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Nov 2009, 10:14 pm

I can totally relate with what people have been saying about the walking gaits and inabilities to tie shoelaces.

http://www.myviewonautismessay.webs.com

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2009, 12:13 am

I can't write (Ok, I can physically write, but no one (not even I) can read it).
I have an odd sense of balance
I sometime have a weird way of walking (does anyone else find walking much harder than just putting one foot in front of the other?)

anasthasia
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Nov 2009, 4:59 pm

I can fully relate to what is said about motor coordination problems and Asperger's syndrome.
I have motor problems. I have problems with fine motor skills (make a mop of hair, tie the shoelaces, etc.) but also very difficult, cumbersome movements, rarely smooth, I can't move precisely and elegantly, it's really hard for me, I have stereotyped movements (shaking hands, twisting wrists, head, special postures, hugging objects, hand flapping, repetitive movements of hands and head, etc.), complex whole body movements (rocking back and forth, etc.), I have a different attitude, posture, a different way of walking, too soft ankles, wrists, fingers, difficulty in catching smaller objects, etc.
For me, I can say that I have a different motoric (motor skills, motor coordination) than the other people (except those on the spectrum).

Corydaman93
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Nov 2009, 11:44 am

bump

Zeek
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2009, 4:18 pm

Poor hand eye co-ordination is about it. And bad balance. But nothing that's serious or that impedes my movement in any way

BigSteve
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Nov 2009, 6:46 pm

MONKEY wrote:
I agree with what people are saying about PE

I have TERRIBLE hand writing it looks like a 10 year olds, no matter how neatly I try and how slowly I move my hands it still comes out looking a mess.

I have exactly this problem. Along with bad hand-eye coordination. It's odd because I'm alright at sketching and playing guitar. O_O

hitchinaride
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Dec 2009, 12:12 am

I don't think I ever really had problems with shoelaces or riding a bike, and I can play some instruments. However, I'm not very good at sports, my handwriting and hand-eye coordination are a little weird, and I'm very...twitchy...

Deth_V
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Dec 2009, 1:05 pm

I have horrible handwriting and my hands shake a lot.

I have also learned a few physical things late (Like riding a bike).

Iuri
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Jan 2010, 9:42 pm

My teachers used to tie my sneakers until I was 7.
I learned to ride a bicycle whe I was a child, and I stopped practicing, and I had to learn it again whe I was older.

I have been having problems with all sports, but I have practiced more the ones I like and I'm OK at these.

Despite being a bit clumsy, I can play a piano-like instruments quite well.

I don't like Pysical Education. But I think it's because my classmates make me feel sad for my bad movements. When I play the same sports with other people I feel I'm in the average (now that I'm older).

lolcatsrule_123
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Jan 2010, 4:33 pm

i have problems with my coordination, so i go to a DCD group at school, other than that i run kinda funny

jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 7:15 am

I can't tie shoelaces, so it's always slipons for me.

I bump into people a lot, and trip over myself A LOT.

Other than that, I'm okay with walking, but I do have a hip that clicks out sometimes.

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)

Corydaman93
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Jul 2010, 7:21 pm

Old thread, but still bump.