Page 7 of 8 [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Zeromancer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 May 2013, 5:57 pm

I don´t have imaginary friends.
I sometimes do however, play certain scenario´s in my head, which is too odd to properly describe now that I´m thinking about it.
It´s kind of something I just do, to keep me inside a certain mood.

It begins with a simple `What would happen if....` question, then I try to visualise it, which I´m very good at.
I would try to visualise people´s reactions, what they say, everything.
I usually do this when I´m feeling sad, but I NEVER play happy scenario´s, never.
Their only purpose is to make me cry and get my emotions out.
I tend to mask my emotions when I´m trying to fit in perfectly, which works, but it´s unhealthy to pile it all up.
Hence why my chakra´s are imbalanced.

BookGirl519
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 May 2013, 11:56 am

Yes...I've always had imaginary friends but I don't think I've ever believed them to be real.

I kind of have different "stories" in my head with main characters. As I've gotten older I've retired some and made some new ones. Right now my imaginary friends/characters are identical twin dancers named Emma and Anna. I guess the purpose of my stories is to make me less lonely, and give my characters attributes I wish I had (straight hair, coordination, social skills).

TheEocene
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 May 2013, 3:32 pm

I have one, and she's been with me for about four years now. I go through phases of almost convincing myself she's real, but I don't think I've ever really believed it. When I took up writing as an obsession, she made it into the story automatically, which means she's become what they call a well-developed character. This has helped her to become a huge part of my life, and my friends are under the impression that she exists (because I told them she does).

Hollie1996
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 May 2013, 4:10 am

I don't but I have a toy guineapig named Pellet I talk to she is in my profile picture. She talks back to me as well we talk about a lot of different stuff and have been friends since I was seven I am now 17. I like the texture of her fur. She is awesome. :D

Wivil
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Jun 2013, 1:51 pm

My imaginary friend is this little devil on my shoulder that kicked the crap out of the angel on my other shoulder. :lmao:

Zeromancer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Jun 2013, 7:50 pm

TheEocene wrote:
I have one, and she's been with me for about four years now. I go through phases of almost convincing myself she's real, but I don't think I've ever really believed it. When I took up writing as an obsession, she made it into the story automatically, which means she's become what they call a well-developed character. This has helped her to become a huge part of my life, and my friends are under the impression that she exists (because I told them she does).

Careful there captain, you might accidentally be creating a tulpa.

TheEocene
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jun 2013, 3:47 am

Zeromancer wrote:
Careful there captain, you might accidentally be creating a tulpa.

I had to look that up :oops:
But I don't think there's much chance of my 'imaginary friend' taking physical form or independent thought :lol:

quirkster18
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jun 2013, 5:32 pm

I have a "imaginary" friend named Oliver. He is a black cat. I also have a stuffed bunny named Little Yellow. I've been told many times that they "aren't" real...but to me they are. I talk and hang out with them as if I would with my pets, friends and family. <3

neobluex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 8:15 pm

I do not. But my imaginary alter ego has a girlfriend I consider her mine. :P

Sanduru
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jun 2013, 8:01 pm

There's an elf living inside my left shoe.... I see him at night sometimes...

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2013, 8:30 pm

I do as well yes, they seem more advanced than an imagionary friend. One is Gwydion, is rather childlike and carefree. A representation of him is in the Avatar. Is an anthropomorphic cat and his use of magic and tricks is a form of distraction, to take away pain and to cheer me up.

The other is Rhoslyn, a much more grown up and mature female friend so to speak. Is an anthropomorphic rabbit and serves as my memory, making the illogical, logical again and is more serious than the other. Also helps with hardships and a guide to help me where to go next, the only other me that is able to see through during times of extreme stress and emotion.

Together, with the three of us make a team to help with life.

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

Danixia
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Aug 2014, 7:57 pm

I used to have a bunch of them but now only the main 2 remain.

Sara - the very smart very mother like

and

Kédrick - (dont ask me where his name comes from... XDD) he is very funny, both are actualy , and he is very kind and understanding dude XD

They are like my male and female side so to say....

I have them arround me since i can remember, they , along with my friends from here ( i dont like to say real world becouse imaginary world seems very real to me) are my best friends. and i dont see my life without them.

Both of them are human oh and they are friends with each other too so we are like a team XD

aannd im gonna shut up now... this is onw of those things that i would info dump people XDD

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2014, 1:46 pm

i used to, but now it's more like an imaginary nation filled with my subjects. i can manipulate them and do whatever they want. it's like playing God.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Mindyisafreak
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Sep 2014, 4:30 pm

A super-hero-person-boy wearing a paper bag on his head. He takes me to this majestic island where I don't have to deal with any intolerant ignoramuses like the ones at my school 8)

WellThatsDantastic

03 Sep 2014, 11:08 am

Not as much as before.

When I was little, I had tons. I had a LOT of imaginary friends. Oddly enough, they do show up in my dreams, but not in real life. Growing up sucks.

Caesar
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 4:46 pm

When I was a kid I had an imaginary friend called Elise or something.
It's pretty weird and sad that one day I just stopped imagining her and never imagined her ever again.
Maybe one day I'll meet her again or she subconsciously in my dreams or somewhere.
Or she becomes real; Maybe I'll ever meet some girl called Elise or a female dog that's put up for adoption no idea if I'll meet her or how I'll meet her, if I'll ever meet her again she will be my best friend! :U