Page 7 of 9 [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 9:41 am

It's rather ironic how I was probably one of the most unpopular kids in Junior High (maybe even the single most unpopular once I hit Grade 8 ) and today I work at a large employer and while I still don't have any close friends I am probably one of the most popular and well liked people of the 250 or so people I work with. Literally everybody knows my name and I get along with everyone from the president right down to the children of coworkers. I am pretty much a celebrity where I work even though I like to shun the spotlight it certain feels much better than having the whole class start a collection to get me to leave the school they hated me that much.

Hang in there my young Aspie friends. Sooner or later people will see the benefits of having an Aspie personality with it's high degree of loyalty and reliability.

Ztrain
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Mar 2013, 7:55 am

Im poplar in that people I dot know in school will say "hey Zane!" when I walk by, and im well known for my bizarre sense of humour, and besides a few bitchy white girls, noone dislikes me. Still, I dont have much luck with dating, though I guess im doing OK (ive had 2 gfs in my high school career in a very short period of time and now im out of the loop again). I do things to become popular, like dancing spastically at a pep assembally in fron of the school.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2013, 11:23 pm

HA! HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHHA AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA HAHAHAH HAHA XD XD XD XD XD WAYYYY ON THE BOTTOM OF THE HIGHSCHOOL FOODCHAIN OVER HERE!! !! IM SO LOW THAT SEVERLY MENTALLY ret*d PEOPLE HAVE MORE FRIENDS THEN ME!! !! !! !! ! i dont care though i really hate people at school

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

Otherside
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Mar 2013, 3:09 pm

I'm not popular, don't care that I'm not popular, just wanna be left alone to get on with my own life.

Jinki
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 3:13 pm

I will never be a social butterfly and I think good grades are a more valuable asset than popularity. But as I am working towards graduating HS early to attend college some people (even teachers) are telling me that spending time building a network of powerful friends may be more important than studying 60 hours per week earning straight A’s and that I really need to improve my people skills.

Alwaysbecreeping
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 May 2013, 7:14 pm

I'm that popular I don't even have time to talk to anyone!
I mean, I am just so popular! I am friends with over 70 cats already!

Amberlena
Toucan
Toucan

22 May 2013, 8:40 pm

I'm not popular, and I don't want to be.

largosan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 May 2013, 8:59 pm

Everyone in my graduating class knows me, but that isnt saying much, because there are only 84 people in my graduating class, so everyone knows everyone else.

SwedishFroshMafia
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 May 2013, 10:24 pm

Some acquantainces/friends, and some that dislike me

neobluex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 8:49 am

I don't know what exactly does "popular" mean. My school isn't big. When I go out for recess, I hear guys I never met/speak to talking about me. They know my name and my face, what I do, what I don't do.
I think somebody is making rumours about me.
But, actually, I don't care. They are "la chusma".

QuietYardy39
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jun 2013, 10:22 pm

im not popular at all, dont think i can be ingnored anymore

MLG4Ever
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jun 2015, 2:18 pm

I am quite popular in a fandom for a very colorful Cartoon Horse Show
In high school, not so much

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2015, 1:31 am

Not popular.

That's how I am. In the background.

WAautisticguy
Toucan
Toucan

16 Jun 2015, 12:51 am

I will be a senior (finally!!) in high school in late August. I think I'm just a little bit past the halfway point for popularity. I do have a few friends, but only one that I hang out with regularly (well, occasionally) outside of school. I am good friends with the newly-elected junior class president at my school, plus the newly-elected ASB vice president. However, I only see them at school and not at other functions as they are very busy.
Had I been the most popular person at school, I would have had to play football, and basketball, and baseball all in one year; be the ASB president; be a 100% NT with no sign of Asperger's stimming; and enjoy the assembly line rap and pop music that comes into the libraries of FM stations that play "Today's Hottest Music!" Oh, and have a girlfriend.

Unlike most other AS people on this website, I enjoy pep rallies. I think my popularity shot up to 100% last December when I got to do the "roll call" - where you call the different classes and see who screams the loudest. I had always been one of the loudest in my section and I told myself "maybe I can lead this school to one massive rally." I'll just say: LOUDEST I have EVER heard the sophomore class. Students at my school still remember that rally!

I was also popular in 7th grade when I won "Student of the Month." That was awesome. Was always kind to people and knew 99% of the 7th grade class. Too bad I had to leave that junior high due to a foreclosure on our house. That was a great school and everyone there knew me and was always kind to me.

I have not tried dating. I am a little scared of it, because the girls will think I'm weird. My room for example is littered with OLD stuff. I don't have any video games, iPads, iPhones, Androids, or Beats by Dr. Dre. I'm still enjoying the VHS format even though it's been obsolete for many years now...and still have a working VCR.
I don't listen to rap music and I'd rather listen to 1970s, 80s and 90s music. Girls will think I'm weird!

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2015, 6:17 am

I'm a ghost.

SunFosgerau
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Jun 2015, 7:35 am

I'm not very popular. I prefer being alone. I don't get bullied and I do have friends, but I wont consider myself as popular.