Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2009, 4:49 am

How do I lose memory of what happened a few years ago? The memories will not stop coming back to my mind. And they're usually from three or so years ago.

Zeek
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2009, 4:50 pm

There is no way to forget. Believe me I have a lot of stuff I wish I could forget but I can't so I just live with it. If we could choose our memories there'd be no responsbility for actions. If someones done for you they don't have to be responsible. If you're trying to forget something you've done then you won't be held accountable by yourself. You just gotta live with memories, they fade but never completely go away.

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2009, 11:38 pm

So, I really do set up my own punishment for it.

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 2:49 am

Looks like I do... must start on it soon.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 2:55 am

well usually memories like that go away and you don't feel upset about it
there are like CDs on the market, like to help with that
(you could just download them for free somewhere I recon ;))

Julia_the_Great
Toucan
Toucan

22 Dec 2009, 9:52 pm

I have really major issues with this; I've found myself once holding a rope wrapped around my neck over something I'd done years ago.

Hurtful and painful memories frequently come back, and I hate them.

I don't know what to do about it most of the time.

lxuser
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Dec 2009, 1:17 am

I know how you feel! I wish I could forget what went on all those years I was at school.

Its seems us aspies repeatedly go over memories, even more so when we suffer from depression.
Have you spoken to your parents about this? You may well be suffering from depression.

Take care everyone.

musicislife
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2009, 1:42 pm

most of the time i can block out my bad memories, but there are just some little things, or seeing some people, that bring the bad stuff back

the memories will never completely go away, it's an impossibility for them too, but you could try and block them out, like i do, or, if they're really bad to the point of depression, get some help

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2009, 2:07 pm

You can't really remove memories from your mind, you just have to distract yourself from them really.

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 5:39 am

lxuser wrote:
I know how you feel! I wish I could forget what went on all those years I was at school.

Its seems us aspies repeatedly go over memories, even more so when we suffer from depression.
Have you spoken to your parents about this? You may well be suffering from depression.

My parents don't understand or tell me "it's already over". Well it isn't if I can have clearly remember it.

musicislife wrote:
most of the time i can block out my bad memories, but there are just some little things, or seeing some people, that bring the bad stuff back

the memories will never completely go away, it's an impossibility for them too, but you could try and block them out, like i do, or, if they're really bad to the point of depression, get some help

How do you do that?

b9
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 7:07 am

i very much want to forget worries that i have that are concerned with certain things that might happen in the future, but i have no concern about anything that happened in the past.

Etular
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jan 2010, 6:40 am

Trust me, I can remember grudges/memories and the like from up to 10 years ago (even if only vaguely). You are not alone.

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2010, 12:52 am

Etular wrote:
Trust me, I can remember grudges/memories and the like from up to 10 years ago (even if only vaguely). You are not alone.

Do they feel painful? Because mine do, very much.

Etular
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Feb 2010, 11:24 am

Fickle_Pickle wrote:
Etular wrote:

Do they feel painful? Because mine do, very much.

Painful? Not necessarily. However, I am constantly embarrassed and the thoughts continuously circle my head - "What if...?", "What if...?", "What if...?". Some thoughts are saddening, but I just put up with them. It's all I can do, really.

fobfan123
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 May 2010, 2:43 am

medication may help. And realizing that all humans make mistakes, and that is the past and now is the future even if it happened a few minutes ago.

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 9:09 am

fobfan123 wrote:
medication may help. And realizing that all humans make mistakes, and that is the past and now is the future even if it happened a few minutes ago.

Tried it, both made it worse.