Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 May 2011, 10:38 pm

I think it be great if i could talk to AS kids on here and see if i can find someone i actually have something in common with since we all know thats a major AS problem, but its kind of strange that you can only talk to people by commenting on subject posts, so is there a chat room or anything similiar to that on this website. If theres not a chat room and u still wanna talk about something then go ahead and reply and ill be happy to reply back.

Sapphires
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 May 2011, 10:58 pm

Yep, we have an IRC chatroom :) If you hover over 'Community' in the top navigation bar, you can access it via 'Chat'.
It's a public chatroom though, I think, so anyone can access it.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2011, 11:13 pm

yeah, what the previous poster said. You can't predict whose going to show up so if you want to ask a question of a more specific demographic (by age, gender, etc.) you're probably better off blogging it on the forums and waiting for a response. Chatting is good for connecting to other members :).

ashmeister
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 May 2011, 1:15 am

There is a chatroom but I probably won't recommend going there. I went there once and found a whole bunch of trolls there who hate Alex Plank, owner of Wrong Planet.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 7:15 am

ashmeister wrote:
There is a chatroom but I probably won't recommend going there. I went there once and found a whole bunch of trolls there who hate Alex Plank, owner of Wrong Planet.

Hmm, I've been there a few times and haven't witnessed anything negative going on. I do feel a little uncomfortable using it though, I'll stick to the forum and blog mainly.

ConfusedDude
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2011, 4:36 pm

Yeah it does.

ConfusedDude
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2011, 4:37 pm

Yeah it does.

-froggo-
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 2:50 pm

ashmeister wrote:

I've found the participants in the chatroom to be rather intimidating.

USMCnBNSFdude
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 3:22 pm

I clicked on the IRC thing and nothing happens (and the Java room isn't working)...

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 3:27 pm

USMCnBNSFdude wrote:
I clicked on the IRC thing and nothing happens (and the Java room isn't working)...

Interesting. I was in there just a few days ago so this issue must be recent, as neither are now currently working here.

-froggo-
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 3:37 pm

TenPencePiece wrote:
USMCnBNSFdude wrote:

Interesting. I was in there just a few days ago so this issue must be recent, as neither are now currently working here.

It's not working for me, either.

ConfusedDude
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Jun 2011, 3:39 pm

-froggo- wrote:
TenPencePiece wrote:
USMCnBNSFdude wrote:

Well I think you need to report this to Alex Plank or anyone who works in this Website.

-froggo-
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 3:43 pm

ConfusedDude wrote:
-froggo- wrote:
TenPencePiece wrote:
USMCnBNSFdude wrote:

Well I think you need to report this to Alex Plank or anyone who works in this Website.

I made a thread over in the discussion of WP subcatagory. http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt164145.html

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 4:27 pm

The forum moderators can't do anything about the chatroom. It has it's own moderator who doesn't even participate on the forums. Alex might be able to do something, so perhaps he will answer your request after he gets to the 73 other requests he hasn't responded to yet :wink:

-froggo-
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 4:30 pm

MidlifeAspie wrote:
The forum moderators can't do anything about the chatroom. It has it's own moderator who doesn't even participate on the forums. Alex might be able to do something, so perhaps he will answer your request after he gets to the 73 other requests he hasn't responded to yet :wink:

Well, I might as well have added it to the queue. :P

catlover02
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jun 2011, 4:20 pm

There is a chat room on here. You just go to where it says, Community, then chat and there are 2 different options to chat. I was in the chat room a few days ago, but it kept logging me in as Anon instead of my catlover02 nic for some reason.