who on here thinks they're...waaaay too obsessed w music??

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

1trackmindmusician5
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 May 2011, 5:22 pm

as in like, listening to it wherever they go, at home, on their headphones going to work or school or hanging out at home, to the point of getting lost in the comfort of it and erasing the priorities that most people have of socializing and being what you might wish you could be a normal, social person, even for being aspie? i mean there actually are aspies who have a decent amount of friends, if not tons, and they know how to be organized and live a clear minded life free of distractions from the withdrawal of needing music or having music or whatever. hopefully i'm making sense at all, and in that case you have an idea of how to help me out of this crazy addiction.

Boris: And so I walk through the valley of the shadow of death. Actually, make that "I run through the valley of the shadow of death" - in order to get OUT of the valley of the shadow of death more quickly, you see. --woody allen in "love a

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 9:30 pm

I really like music and I listen to it often, but I'm not "addicted." I guess it's a slightly more colloquial sense of the word you're using, however, so maybe I am... Depends on the criteria.

PinkRangerV
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 May 2011, 12:36 am

Eh, of course. I can't function without music.

But then again, it's MUSIC. So it's automatically awesome. :)

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2011, 10:38 am

aah, music...
nope, i cannot live a day without there being some music around; i even take the problems from having a conversation with music playing over there not being music.
also, at any situation where i'm not expected to at least pretend to be socially available; i plug in my headphones; even if i'm just going to the grocerystore for 5 minutes, i spend 2 minutes before doing that finding the correct music for the situation to listen to while walking and being in the store...

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2011, 12:30 pm

I'd love to be able to listen to music 24/7, but I don't want to develop tinnitus. I want to work in the music industry or at least have a hobby in it.

Though music pretty much dominates my interest and when I'm not playing an instrument, I'm thinking about it. It's also what I feel at home discussing.

I'm obsessed, but cautiously obsessed.

1trackmindmusician5
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 May 2011, 1:05 am

Jonsi wrote:
I'd love to be able to listen to music 24/7, but I don't want to develop tinnitus. I want to work in the music industry or at least have a hobby in it.

Though music pretty much dominates my interest and when I'm not playing an instrument, I'm thinking about it. It's also what I feel at home discussing.

bro you have an awesome point there. what's tinnitus though? is that a brain degeneration that invades the sense of clarity in your brain or some such thing? thanks for the observation. i could use it.

Boris: And so I walk through the valley of the shadow of death. Actually, make that "I run through the valley of the shadow of death" - in order to get OUT of the valley of the shadow of death more quickly, you see. --woody allen in "love a

mike_the_poet
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 May 2011, 3:02 am

I got music on now O.o
lol, every single time I get on computer I got to put on music, every single time lol

TullyFisher
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Jun 2011, 12:18 am

1trackmindmusician5 wrote:
Jonsi wrote:

bro you have an awesome point there. what's tinnitus though? is that a brain degeneration that invades the sense of clarity in your brain or some such thing? thanks for the observation. i could use it.

Look it up on the internets!
I am sure the wikipedia page can explain it better than anyone can explain in a post.

Vapzii
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Jun 2011, 9:16 am

I think I do have a sort of obsession with music... I listen to it everyday on the way to school, in the car, just walking to the shops for five minutes. I hate travelling without music... it doesn't feel right at all. When my headphones broke once, it felt so weird walking to school without music; it was just so oddly quiet. Whenever I can listen to music I will, particularly while travelling. Mum once commented on how I bring my iPod downstairs to listen to it while I eat my breakfast. Apparently that's not normal.

Plus when I list my favourite bands, I list... like... twenty. I didn't even realise that it was a bit much to list until my mum pointed it out to me, so maybe that's part of it too.

So I suppose I do have a bit of an obsession with music.

Albirea
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Cannot be determined due to excessive knowledge of momentum

06 Jun 2011, 9:18 pm

I'm way too obsessed with Linkin Park.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2011, 9:39 pm

At one time I owned at least 300 CDs.

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2011, 10:24 pm

i am as nearly obsessed with my music as i am with texting on my phone and texting is my crack lol

last night alone i downloaded nearly 3 hours worth of Infected Mushroom music, i believe 2 hours and 54 minutes total lol

i always have my music with me

fennecgirl
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Jun 2011, 11:26 am

I listen to music A LOT.

Whenever I'm in the car, I'm always listening to my iPod. I also listen to music whenever I'm drawing or writing, and I sometimes listen to music on my computer when I'm using it. Also, I tend to bring my iPod with me wherever I go, so I sometimes listen to it while I'm out.

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 1:10 pm

I am obsessed to a great extent. I hum a lot and I compose music on my piano all the time. I also mess around with synthesizers on my computer(I have FLstudio) and I am slowly but surely teaching myself how to compose electronic dance music.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 2:24 pm

1trackmindmusician5 wrote:
Jonsi wrote:

It's a permenant ringing in the ears that slowly deafens you.

MichaelaB
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Feb 2012, 4:50 pm

Pretty much.
I can't stand going to bed without listening to music for 2 hours straight.
It helps me unwind and get rid of those repetitive voices in my head.