Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2013, 3:36 pm

I'm 18 and my parents scream at me, call me the R word and the B word. I'm a good student, but they call me stupid, etc. They blame me for their fighting and try 2 get me not 2 go 2 college & just stay with them they tell me i can't do anything. they try to pin me against the wall, say i'll be homeless without them and i can't call the cops they'll kick me out. they threaten to trash my mail, they go thru my laptop and delete my things, make me delete things, don't want me to do any activities they never let me see friends or do anything and they say they will let me starve, they won't let me drive or work but want me to pay 4 everything. they keep saying it's my fault I'm crazy, etc. if i don't get an a they freak out. they say they want me 2 cure cancer b/c they think its my destiny. they think I'm disrespectful. they make me cook and clean for them and serve them and force me to do whatever they say. they tell me I'm evil and that I'm from the devil and that iw ant them 2 get divorced and die. i don't they're just making it up. they wouldn't let me talk 2 my doc they just keep asking her 2 give me pills 2 make me normal but they won't let me do normal things. they say I'm too disabled and can't function without them and that i will be a druggie hobo loser if they don't take care of me. i g2g now, but don't hate on my grammar I'm just tryna write fast not 2 get caught.

Sedentarian
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2013, 4:54 pm

I feel sorry for you. :oops: :evil:

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2013, 5:08 pm

Since you are 18 I would suggest you call adult protective services. They are usually at the same number as child protective services. They can get somebody out there to hear both sides, to analyze things and to help you get out and on your own. If you would rather not just call them on your parents then make an appointment and go talk to a social worker there about the problems you are having with them.

Sharkbait
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Nov 2013, 6:09 pm

If it's any consolation, my mom (and friends) used to call me stupid, too. I had to get out of the house to get the perspective I needed. I quickly realized once I started interacting with others that I was not as stupid as everyone had led me to believe.

Olive's advice seems quite reasonable, and very sound. I'd do exactly what she's recommending, though it's going to take a bit of courage for you to act. Nothing will change unless someone in the equation takes an action. That person has to be you.

melmaclorelai
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Nov 2013, 8:43 am

It can be very difficult to understand things like this when we're in the thick of them and it can be even more difficult to figure out how to deal with them effectively. I have a lot of sympathy for you as I've been in a similar position.

Having said that though, Sharkbait is right. I spent a lot of time hoping and investing time and effort into trying to get other people to change their behavior towards me and it didn't work. It just made me feel even worse.

Eventually, I had to start taking charge of my own feelings and begin to work on myself. It hasn't been easy and I'm definitely still a work in progress but it's definitely been a positive step forward and it's even improved some of the relationships in my life.

I would definitely recommend that you start taking action (OliveOilMom made a good suggestion) but I'd also recommend not doing anything that would overwhelm you or discourage you - it's okay to take baby steps and go from there. That's what I'm doing now.

You are not stupid or worthless or anything else that you've been told that you are. The only person who gets to define who you are is you and I am sure that you are a beautiful person with lots to offer. Please stay strong. I hope that this forum can be a source of support for you.

Sherry221B
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2013, 8:56 am

Wow... It's so... You tell this in a forum. Your parents might be bad, but I'm sure there's others who can help you and do like you. If not, you have no option than to do your things in your own. It's sad, but true.

Fisplen
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2013, 2:52 am

If I were You , I would prepare a plan to get out of that house and possibly stay somewhere else , I suggest a run away.

You would have to do this in the early morning , like before anyones awake , or if Your parents work do it then , if You are successful with Your attempt , get a phone of some sort , call social services and tell them whats been happening , they should find You a place , anywhere would be better than Your situation right now.