Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2008, 8:51 pm

I always assumed the reason I sucked at life so bad in my middle school years was me being stupid and AS. What I never realized was that puberty was not just physical growth, but developement of talents. To this day I think those two years of my life were wasted. All got better when I got into high school. Didn't start really growing up until I was 14.
Now I wonder if that means that I'm behind the average 16 year old in ways. Most people hit puberty at 12? So am I equivalent to a 14 year old?
Well I'm feeling good about myself as it is, and I like to think I will develope a lot more.
The thing that I hate about discovering this is it confirmed that 7 years of martial arts were for nothing.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

19 Jan 2008, 10:45 pm

Ok, i'm not really sure what your asking but I think I know what you mean.

Ok, well I was actually an "early bloomer"...I started puberty at age of 9. I am 16 years old and still haven't "grown up" emotionally as such...where as physically, I have.
People all develop at different speeds. Some develop earlier than others, some later. Some have growth sperts early during puberty and some later.
I'm sure that you will develop more...I mean, humans never stop growing, learning and maturing.
I don't know what you mean by..."So am I equivalent to a 14 year old?". As far as I can tell, you shouldn't compare your growth to anyone elses of any age group. As I said before, people develop all throughout their lives and never stop.

Cadzie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Jan 2008, 12:53 am

I dated a girl when I was first 14, but it was like friendship, peoms and stuff, then we broke up. When I was 17, I drank a very good wine... lol kidding, I dated a girl younger then me, and she would like hugs, and well kisses, but I was into the "I don't like touching stage I suppose"... when I was slightly older, I met a girl in my math class, we clicked, and well went to a game of something, and well a guy was also interested in her, so I well put the moves on her, making out I suppose, we like cuddled all one night, no naked ness just holding each other till we slept. Then when I was 20. a friend of mine, he was talking all about this girl and I was still a virgin, so I met her once, as I popped by his place on accident, so I be-friended this older woman, she was 25, and I was much more charming then this guy, he was pompus and cheap, so no contest, and well one night she started undoing my pants, and I said whats wrong with my pants and she said I wanna make love, so I said okay but I've never done that before, just to warn you. and well it was weird as in the middle of the act, I realized I was having sex for the first time, so i geuss I was a late bloomer. but there's a guy I know, he is 26 and he's never so much as kissed a girl or went out with one.

Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2008, 3:46 am

I don't think puberty and AS go togheter, like, I don't think hitting puberty will affect your social skills any.

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 10:33 pm

It did wonders for my social skills. Growing greatly improves me in every aspect

SierraBell
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jan 2008, 12:48 am

TheMidnightJudge wrote:
I always assumed the reason I sucked at life so bad in my middle school years was me being stupid and AS. What I never realized was that puberty was not just physical growth, but developement of talents. To this day I think those two years of my life were wasted. All got better when I got into high school. Didn't start really growing up until I was 14.
Now I wonder if that means that I'm behind the average 16 year old in ways. Most people hit puberty at 12? So am I equivalent to a 14 year old?
Well I'm feeling good about myself as it is, and I like to think I will develope a lot more.
The thing that I hate about discovering this is it confirmed that 7 years of martial arts were for nothing.

Sometimes I get frustrated with myself because some people younger than me or my age can do things better than I can, such as sports, because I get hard on myself because the coaches may be hard on me. Luckily I'm now getting home schooled so I don't have to ever worry about that, but when I was younger I reguarded as "too sensitive".

I got my period or "friend" when I was 12.

I believe everyone can grow more each day, it's just, what do you do to grow? Do you stay in your little world because of your fear of getting hurt? Or do you invite challenges?

I'm starting to read more and I'm really too zestful about anything except for helping the world by doing what I truly believe is right, but not forcing other people to change the world my way.

matrix
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2008, 2:01 am

I liked being underdeveloped at 14, FREE KIDS MEAL at O'Charley's (at that time).

Hedgehog
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Feb 2008, 12:47 am

I hit puberty in stages, but my voice didn't drop until I was 15, so I've always been treated like I'm way younger than everyone else. I had facial hair when I was 13, but it didn't really make much of a difference, as I'm pretty short, even shorter than most girls in my grade. I don't really know if AS and puberty went together for me because I didn't notice my bad social skills until I was 11 when I had no friends. I play curling, and it's pretty embarassing, because there are some 8 and 9 year olds who are already taller than me.

dragonboy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 8:26 am

i wasnt really a late bloomer about normal actually but i was quite baby faced until a year ago when i started passing as 19.
i think you might be refering to emotional age aspies generally have a lower emotional age than NTs but im not sure what you meant as your post was very confuzzling.

princesseli
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2008, 10:39 pm

Yeah I'd have to agree that Aspies have a lower emotional age then NT's. For me I had a condition called selective mutism so I didnt talk to anyone outside of my family until i was 17. So the normal teen emotion didnt really affect me when I was 13, 14 years old. That teen stage didnt really hit me til 17. Now Im in college I've had much of childhood ripped from me, forcing myself to grow up so fast. In a way those years from 8-17 which momentary in the development of many kids, really wasnt all the there for me. My social development was sorta put on pause. So once I started talking, I've had to work to catch up in a way. Now Im having to become a young adult whom lacks much experiance. I can find my innocence being wiped away from me.

Maxrebo
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 May 2008, 4:09 pm

I didn;t start until I late when was 14 but very late very close to when I turned 15.

zshampo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 May 2008, 6:22 pm

matrix wrote:
I liked being underdeveloped at 14, FREE KIDS MEAL at O'Charley's (at that time).

getting to pay less for the movie theater is the best

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 7:51 pm

socilly i grew up during summer 07. like before in 7th grade i was all wierd and ugly and had short hair. then i grew it out and replayed all awkard moments and f ups and corrcted them and made a new may. long story short i murdered the old ryan with an axe and i, the new ryan came into control.

GodsWonder
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 May 2008, 12:03 pm

I am 19 but my development is two years behind where it is supposed to be. I had my bone age tested when I was younger an they said that it was two years behind and also people mistake me for 2-3 years younger than I really am. The way I see it though is that when I am 60 maybe I will only look like I am 50. I have a twin brother and he is taller than me and about 40lbs heavier than me and people say he looks atleast 2 years older than me.