Anyone else feel that they want out of the house?

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

zzmondo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2012, 3:35 pm

I've felt for a while now that I want out of the house and not live with my parents and finally live on my own. I'm still a junior in high school (I was born in spring but my parents put me in kindergarten a year later for whatever reason) and I will admit I feel I just want to move on from it. Not too sure how I will handle my senior year unless I'm more away from my parents it seems. My parents are starting to learn the "boundaries" (for lack of a better term) between us so I can become a more independent adult and just garner that feeling. I've been looking into a lot of jobs recently too but a lot of them in my area require me to be 18 sadly (I'm going to be 18 soon anyway, but I really want one right now so I can get paid). I'm also going to test for my driver's license April 6th (There couldn't be an earlier date, which frustrated me) and get my license and drive around so that's probably going to help too.
I understand it's a perfectly normal teenage concern, but who else feels that they want out of the house?

questor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2012, 4:42 pm

I am in my early 50s, have my own car, and live alone, and I still sometimes feel that way. :lol: I have other health problems that keep me at home most of the time, :( so I do get something out of my occasional trips out, even though it means dealing with other people. :D

Don't worry, the future will come soon enough. It will bring some friends with it, including responsibilities, accountability for ones own actions, less of a parental safety net, bills, etc. Still, there are the other friends, too. Your free time will be your own, you will be able to spend after bill money as you wish--don't forget to save some--, you will be able to keep your own hours, but don't forget to get enough rest, and you will be able to decorate your own place your own way, and other things like that. :D

So enjoy your youth while you have it. Tomorrow is just around the corner. :D

AllieG1997
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Mar 2012, 5:47 pm

I love my parents (most of the time), but I just really want to be independent. I know I'm 14 and still young, but I just want to be on my own. Be my own person. By living with my parents, I have to try my best to be an exact replica of them and I don't want that.

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2012, 4:29 am

I want to ebe able to do more stuff and go out more, but my parents worry too much about me. And I have to share a room with my 8 year old sister, and I still get told off for "having an attitude". It's reasons like this that I don't want to be 16. And I want to leave home at 18.

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2012, 9:18 am

i just turned 18 in January and i can't wait to leave home after i get a job me and my buddy Drew are gonna get an apartment and we will split rent down

Vito
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Mar 2012, 9:56 am

Well, I live independently since the age of 18 (I live alone, however the apartment I live in is owned by my dad and I still get financial support since I study in college; the financial support will be cut out when I finish my studies) and I would really want to be back living with my parents since my organization skills are really, really bad, so I am barely able to function there on my own......

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

23 Mar 2012, 12:41 pm

I do like getting out of the house once in awhile, and I'll have that opportunity next week. :)

(And even better, my sister might stay home.)

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 1:20 pm

[quote="zzmondo"]I've felt for a while now that I want out of the house and not live with my parents and finally live on my own. I'm still a junior in high school (I was born in spring but my parents put me in kindergarten a year later for whatever reason) and I will admit I feel I just want to move on from it. Not too sure how I will handle my senior year unless I'm more away from my parents it seems. My parents are starting to learn the "boundaries" (for lack of a better term) between us so I can become a more independent adult and just garner that feeling. I've been looking into a lot of jobs recently too but a lot of them in my area require me to be 18 sadly (I'm going to be 18 soon anyway, but I really want one right now so I can get paid). I'm also going to test for my driver's license April 6th (There couldn't be an earlier date, which frustrated me) and get my license and drive around so that's probably going to help too.
I understand it's a perfectly normal teenage concern, but who else feels that they want out of the house?[/

I know what you mean. I recently had an epiphany while watching the Office while hospitalized.

I just realized that I'm a man and this is my youth.

And that I need to start living and not being a child.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 12:44 pm

A few months ago it kicked in. My parental relationships could be way better, so it is probably a alrge factor.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 3:49 pm

From the time my oldest was 18, he moved out then moved back a few times. It wasn't until he got with the crazy girl he's with now that he finally didn't come back. They have a baby.

My oldest daughter (18) wants to move out this summer. She's graduating in May. It's going to be a matter of her and her fiance finding jobs etc though. I don't know that they will be able to by then. She already basically does have her own place. We had a two car garage that we renovated into a big bedroom. It's got a sleeping area, a sitting area, a bathroom, huge walk in closet, it's own door to the outside and it connects to the house through the laundry room, so she has privacy. She has all her stuff down there and even a huge flatscreen tv in the "livingroom" and a computer and all kinds of stuff. Her fiance lives with her and they bought some really nice furniture for it too. She may not go soon, although she wants to. She still has me make phone calls for her and she doesn't drive yet, and she won't go to the doctor alone or back to the exam room alone or dentist etc. Otherwise she's very independent. Won't go to the dr alone but her fiance took her on a cruise to Jamaica, Mexico and the Cayman Islands last summer lol!

My youngest son (17 today) was offered a job right across the Mississippi line, that came with a house and utilities and everything last summer but he wouldn't take it. A friend of ours bought a body shop and it has employees, tools, business, etc. She just needed somebody to be on site who would keep people from stealing and all. He would get a salary, she has a house across the street that she doesnt live in that comes with the job, utilities paid, he would get a car there to drive, he would get a salary. She also needed somebody to manage the trailer park that they own thats right behind the house and he would have been doing that too. He wouldn't do it though. He doesn't like school and wants a GED instead of finishing (he's still in 9th grade) but he said he wasn't going because he doesn't know anybody in Mississippi. The place is only two hours from here! That would have been a golden opportunity for him but he wasn't interested at all.

My youngest is 15 and she wants to go to a good four year university so I imagine that if she gets a scholarship she will go and live on campus.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Barefoot_Boy
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Mar 2012, 10:49 pm

I want to try an extended camping trip on my own this summer with my tent. I will pack light but take the basics.

John Greenleaf Whittier

dark_angel198911
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Apr 2012, 2:19 pm

I would love to get my own apartment, but for now, I live with my parents and am working.

Barefoot_Boy
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Apr 2012, 3:42 pm

Everything is so stressful at my house. Nothing seems calm here. Mom rants around alot. Dad gets frustrated at her though they don't fight much over anything. The phone rings all the time. Mom watches TV that I find annoying so I close myself up in my room, then Mom wants me to come out my room to visit. School is frustrating. I need my own space bad. When I want to talk about things it's too hard to find the right time to talk to them. I need peace.

John Greenleaf Whittier

Caesaran
Raven
Raven

02 Apr 2012, 5:56 pm

I love my parents but the dramatic emotions between them will drive any Aspie male insane! all the emotionalism is Irritating. My mom is overly emotional about every single thing and turns everything into a playhouse production. My dad is just as bad with his temper, he is extremely impatient and has "Male Dominance Issues" if you catch my drift (he doesnt like having other guys around :roll: )

Its utterly unbearable unless I hide out somewhere in the house. He thinks too emotionally, He is 10x more kirk than spock.