Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

willnormanuk
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Mar 2008, 5:09 pm

meltdowns, school. :evil: ARGH :evil: . don't even go there. i used to do it all the time, that's why i haven't got a school to go to :( . man, i used to hit people and break stuff, really got on my nerves. but hey, that's just life for me :roll: . what bugs me though is trying to control it, i haven't quite managed that yet :( .

"Yes, we have to divide up our time like that, between our politics and our equations. But to me our equations are far more important, for politics are only a matter of present concern. A mathematical equation stands forever." Albert Einstein

thegodofhats
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Mar 2008, 9:07 pm

Yeah. It can be hard and it sucks. Meltdowns are probably the worste part of AS, after social isolation and sensory issues.

Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 10:52 pm

Learning to control it sucked for me, I threw a desk my freshman year and got suspended..

Best of luck to you.

Kris94
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Mar 2008, 6:32 pm

I have mild meltdowns at school ( i used to call them 'hissy fits' when i was young) and the weird thing is, i feel like i can control them, but i cant. I cant discribe it... :?

RohrbachDS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Mar 2008, 6:56 pm

I only ever had one meltdown, that was in the 7th grade... Ended up throwing a computer monitor. Wasn't cool, it sucked...

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 8:25 pm

It's embarassing, especially since I look "normal" most of the time, but there are times where I lose it because I hold all my Aspie traits in.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 8:25 pm

RohrbachDS wrote:
I only ever had one meltdown, that was in the 7th grade... Ended up throwing a computer monitor. Wasn't cool, it sucked...
Did you have to pay for it?

RohrbachDS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Mar 2008, 6:33 pm

ebec11 wrote:
RohrbachDS wrote:

No, didnt break I dont think, the chord stopped it from hitting the floor hard.

Teoka
Raven
Raven

27 Mar 2008, 8:44 pm

Kris94 wrote:
I have mild meltdowns at school ( i used to call them 'hissy fits' when i was young) and the weird thing is, i feel like i can control them, but i cant. I cant discribe it... :?

I know EXACTLY what you mean! :( Although I've become better at calming down, I just can't stop most of them, even if I feel like I might be making myself do it. I suppose it's all the energy put behind it...

I tend not to care what everyone else thinks of my meltdowns, especially since all my teachers know, to some degree, what to do. I just tend to sob quite loudly, sometimes yell, and occasionally knock things off/over. Being touched when I don't expect it is bringing about meltdowns much more than they used to.

But at least I get nice and tired afterwards, and I get to take a nap when I get home. Sometimes I get out of school if it gets to be too much.

Aspie score: 159 out of 200

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2008, 8:58 pm

RohrbachDS wrote:
ebec11 wrote:
RohrbachDS wrote:

No, didnt break I dont think, the chord stopped it from hitting the floor hard.
That's good!

Nikky91
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Mar 2008, 4:11 pm

I had a major meltdown in 2nd grade, I cried the whole day and the kids just looked at me like I was a freak. Nothing like that has happened to me until I was in Chemistry this year and I completly freaked out during an exam and I just walked out of the room. Luckily my chem teacher is very unerstanding.

Yeah meltdowns suck.

Benji_million
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Mar 2008, 7:29 pm

Yeah, meltdowns were my life at school for a while last year. There were too many people who were pissing me off, and today I realize they weren't really doing anything, and if they were it was mild.

ShizzleMacDaddy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Apr 2008, 10:32 am

In 7th grade science class I pushed a kids desk over on its side while he was sitting in it.

willnormanuk
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Apr 2008, 4:03 am

I remember when I was like 7, the chimney man came to sweep the chimney and i did'nt wanna go to school because i wanted to stay home and watch him sweep the chimney (LMAO) i spent the whole day crying and being stroppy...
MAN, WHAT WAS THE POINT IN THAT???

"Yes, we have to divide up our time like that, between our politics and our equations. But to me our equations are far more important, for politics are only a matter of present concern. A mathematical equation stands forever." Albert Einstein

Poeticromance
Toucan
Toucan

15 Apr 2008, 10:04 pm

I have thrown things at my students a lot in middle school, where everyone was on your ass 24/7. Luckly the teachers somehow knew I had a problem controling myself and let it slid. I haven't yet in high school but have almost many times. I only didn't because they let up inches away from me blowing up.

Tormod
Raven
Raven

18 Apr 2008, 1:29 pm

I haven't had any meltdowns in school for years. I don't know if I’m subconsciously controlling them, but I think that it's just my current life that is usually free of meltdown situations.