Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2005, 6:43 pm

Who does them, and what do you do? This can include clubs, sports, activies (like a club for people w/ hobbies... chess club?), academic clubs, stuff you do in school like chorus, and that kinda stuff...

Furthermore, talk about why you love them, and how they've helped you! Maybe more people will jump on the bandwagon soon when they hear your praise!

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2005, 7:18 pm

I'm in a Comic Book Club at my college though I know nothing about comics. I met a lot of new people in there, and got a fair amount of friends through it. It's worth doing. Even a "geeky" club is better than isolation. Plus, geeks are fun!

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2005, 8:31 pm

I am an unofficial part of the "Physics Lab Gang" at my school, which consists of all the geeky people who hang out in the physics lab at lunch because there's nowhere else for us to go without being made fun of. I'm also the co-president of the Writer's Club, so that's fun. :D

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2005, 9:38 pm

Acapella Choir
Show Choir
Christmas Carroling Group

I would do band, but I can't stand the teacher.

Chris
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Oct 2005, 4:30 pm

Over the last few years, I have become increasingly involved in my school. In 6th grade, I took band and was first chair clarinet, but I wanted to take different classes in 7th grade. Ever since 3rd grade, I have been in Enrichment, which is a gifted program for children with IQs >125. I was in Speech/Drama/Debate in 7th grade, and now I'm in Choir. I really enjoy choir because my teacher loves me. He bragged to his high school choirs: "I have a student in my youngest choir who has perfect pitch!"
This year in 8th grade, I have joined a school team called CCR, which stands for Colors of Conflict Resolution. This team goes around mentoring students and helping them solve conflicts and helping people. I also ran Cross Country this year, and I've made a few friends on the team. School is okay, but I wish I could get a better education...

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2005, 8:54 pm

I guess I'll go now! Let's see...

XC Running
Hockey
Track
GSA
Drama Club
our lit. magazine

and i used to do band and chorus but i didn't have enough time...

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2005, 8:17 am

Nothing! :( I need a group! Although occasionally I go to youth group... and I go to church... does that count? :? I'd like to do martial arts again, and I'm curiously thinking I like the look of Calisthenics... I wanna be pretty! Oh and I should pick up piano/violin again but meh!

TheOrangeMage
Toucan
Toucan

25 Oct 2005, 8:13 pm

I don't take part in anything school-related.

However, I do make my own music (anything electronic based really) and love cycling.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2005, 10:41 pm

I'm not into any of that at all. I'm too scared to do anything. a guy I enw started the clay mation club, but nothing ever became of it.

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2005, 6:02 pm

PhoenixKitten wrote:
Nothing! :( I need a group! Although occasionally I go to youth group... and I go to church... does that count? :? I'd like to do martial arts again, and I'm curiously thinking I like the look of Calisthenics... I wanna be pretty! Oh and I should pick up piano/violin again but meh!

what are calesthenics?

and sure, those def. count!

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2005, 8:04 am

Calisthenics is a combinationy thing: it combines things like rods (silver slender rod that you twirl), clubs (like bowling pins only black and white stripey that you also twirl), exercise/fitness, dance, acting, song, marching... a little bit of everything really! And you get to dress up in pretty full skirt leotards! :D Then there is the leg tan... *goes green*

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2005, 11:18 am

ooh cool! do you compete against other schools?

it sounds like fun! we don't have a team @ our school, sadly :(

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2005, 8:46 pm

Extracurricular activities that I participate in include crosscountry, track, band, and I used to play soccer and fastpitch in middle school, but not in high school. I also used to take part in the art club in middle school.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2005, 7:50 pm

iamlucille wrote:
ooh cool! do you compete against other schools?

it sounds like fun! we don't have a team @ our school, sadly :(

Oh, it's not usually run by schools. My sister is in calisthenics with a club and they compete with other clubs! :)

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2005, 8:23 pm

PhoenixKitten wrote:
Calisthenics is a combinationy thing: it combines things like rods (silver slender rod that you twirl), clubs (like bowling pins only black and white stripey that you also twirl), exercise/fitness, dance, acting, song, marching... a little bit of everything really! And you get to dress up in pretty full skirt leotards! :D Then there is the leg tan... *goes green*

That kind of sounds like a school colour guard that competes and does demonstrations with the marching band here in California, especially with the rods, clubs and the schools I've seen compete also use plastic (or metal) rifles and flags.

Therblig
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Nov 2005, 7:18 pm

Surprisingly (for an aspie), I'm on the acting team as well as being in the International Thespian Society. I'm also a tap dancer and I sing. Also, I'm in the gifted and talented classes, which is pretty much classes for the creative genius slackers and most of us in gifted and talented are a part of class council. Also, I attend Young Republicans and Young Democrats.

....wow, I didn't realize I did so much.

Anyway, my mom put me in drama when I was eight because she thought I was too shy, which was probably because I didn't have any friends to talk to because everyone thought I was weird. I immediately became bit by the drama bug and have been heavily involved in theatre ever since. Even though I still have loads of difficulty comprehending regular conversation and social cues, I have absolutely no fear of public speaking and am quite the extrovert.