Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2007, 5:16 pm

Does any one else feel so overemotional as a teenager? As a kid nothing bugged me. As a teenager, I swear that emotions are going to be the death of me. Is mood swinging and what not a teenager thing?
Any one else feel like this?

Three years!

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2007, 5:41 pm

I dunno...sometimes yes sometimes no.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2007, 9:13 pm

I've always felt overemotional and moody. I don't remember if it got worse with puberty, I kinda think it was always horrible. Still is.

SolaCatella
Veteran
Veteran

Location: [insert creative, funny declaration of location here]

11 Jan 2007, 9:29 pm

I think I've gotten less overemotional as a teenager. At least now I've learned to control my reaction to disappointment.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2007, 10:37 pm

I'm too emotional. I'm usually in a bad mood.

Atomika
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2007, 10:40 pm

I used to be a long time ago. But now I think I lack emotion nowadays.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 1:20 pm

When I was younger, I used to be violently emotional, but I have been practicing emotional control and discipline recently. Now, emotions (except for people accusing me of the lack of emotions altogether, which is not true) do not cause much of a problem for me.

Theory
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jan 2007, 6:36 pm

I can be overemotional at times, mainly if I am concerned for someone I care about..Other times I am usually in a decent mood unless something decides to go wrong around here yet again

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 7:04 pm

I tend to have very mute feelings, but I get nervous, and shut down in social situations. Sometimes I am hindered and my whole day is ruined.

Theory
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jan 2007, 8:55 pm

Anubis wrote:
I tend to have very mute feelings, but I get nervous, and shut down in social situations. Sometimes I am hindered and my whole day is ruined.

I know how that feels. I am not usually open about my feelings, and that contributes to my partial social difficulty.

Stinkypuppy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2007, 12:38 am

I was quite emotional as a teenager, but with a stable social network (my twin brother who is also Aspie), it was rarely an issue. Being in my 20s, my level of emotions did not subside, and the only way I have ever been able to decrease the level was to kill my emotions altogether. However, doing that only made me considerably and consistently more angry and unhappy.

When I have been able to display my emotions in my usual childlike way (sticking my tongue out at people, being rather cuddly, hiding my face with my hands and stuff), I've been much happier.

Gwkyou
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Feb 2007, 4:06 pm

LadyCass wrote:
Does any one else feel so overemotional as a teenager? As a kid nothing bugged me. As a teenager, I swear that emotions are going to be the death of me. Is mood swinging and what not a teenager thing?
Any one else feel like this?

Yes, exactly, I find my self having an occasional emontinal melt down. I HATE these new hormions.

OddDuckNash99
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2007, 7:05 pm

I've always been moody. I was worse as a child. I've learned to somewhat control my emotions. I was more of a teenager as a four-year-old than I was a 16-year-old. (I'm 19.) But I'm on a mood stabilizer, that's how moody I am. And the littlest things set me off.
-OddDuckNash99-

Nash: Is there a difference?

nicklegends
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Feb 2007, 1:55 am

I do get moody, especially when I'm down an hour or two of sleep or have had a frustrating event occur recently. However, I used to be much worse. What does sadden me is that I never seem to be especially happy--it's always negative.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2007, 3:39 pm

Starbuline wrote:
I'm too emotional. I'm usually in a bad mood.

Hey, I'm always in a bad mood as well! :P

It's because my NT mom and NT sister are always arguing with each other & the effect of their moods always rubs off onto me. Every time one of them tries to pick an argument with me & it happens, my bad mood jumps into the following day. It's always the small things at my house that turn into big problems.