Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

mand66
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 May 2008, 3:23 pm

Hi everyone,

I just found out very recently that I had Asperger's shortly after my mom died. I live in Michigan and it's just terrible with jobs here. Even though I get help trying to find a job, I cannot find anything or get accepted to anything. I wondered if anybody had an idea of a program where someone can get accepted where they can find themselves, because the last thing I want to do is just stay here where everyone I know is moving, my dad and I don't get along and I don't want to just sit and vegatate and watch tv all the time. There must be something out there that would accept people who would have something to give. I'd be interested in hearing from anybody else who has had a similar experience who might be willing to give me some insight, or if anybody's found any program or place to live that's a more healthy enviornment for me. Also, if anybody has advice about how to get through these long periods of unemployment and living alone, but let me know. I really need some good coping stratigies.

Thanks!
Jon

alexbeetle
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2008, 3:43 pm

voluntary work , you can sometimes find projects that don't involve much people interaction

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2008, 3:57 pm

I'm pretty good at coping with things at times. Just give me call and I see what advice I can give you.