hi im new i was wondering if someone could help me out.

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2006, 12:23 pm

:( i been on some rotten medication that wrecked my mind. zyprexa topamax zoloft geodon. every last one killed of more of my mind. one made me gain 50 pounds another put me in the hospital with a eight hour muscle contraction and another had me on my side drooling. I was misdagnosed as bipolar when i really had endocrine problem. my memory is trashed(i had near photographic one) my vocubalry is nonexistant, the depth and emotion and values and my imagination are all wrecked.
is there some way to get my mind back? im desperate

alex
Developer
Developer

27 Feb 2006, 2:14 pm

hyperion wrote:
:( i been on some rotten medication that wrecked my mind. zyprexa topamax zoloft geodon. every last one killed of more of my mind. one made me gain 50 pounds another put me in the hospital with a eight hour muscle contraction and another had me on my side drooling. I was misdagnosed as bipolar when i really had endocrine problem. my memory is trashed(i had near photographic one) my vocubalry is nonexistant, the depth and emotion and values and my imagination are all wrecked.
is there some way to get my mind back? im desperate

Welcome to wrongplanet. 8) I think you sound ok. Maybe you just need to practice. I hope you feel better. :) :star:

Stallion_72
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Feb 2006, 3:27 pm

If I were you I'd be sueing whoever diagnosed you. If it's really as bad as you say then they totally f****d up their job. If you were having signs of trouble when taking the medication then you should've probably stopped taking it.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2006, 4:42 pm

OMG, thats awful what happened to you, I hope that you are able to recover from this soon, your doctor really messed up here. I don't really know what to suggest other than taking your doc to court for all the trauma he's caused, misdiagnosis is serious.

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2006, 5:08 pm

thanks for the support. i wouldve stopped if had been able to think while on it, but it reduced my mind to the level of a fruit fly. i found that some otc supplements and vitamins helped recover some what. its not the same. living used to be rich and meaniful, now its just dumb inamimate matter, the four walls and nothing else. having more iq points than most meant having extra neurons to spare

edgey123
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Feb 2006, 7:31 pm

I would just tell yourself to say "no" to people's demands and get some fresh air :)

Cade
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2006, 12:45 am

Last edited by Cade on 06 Mar 2006, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2006, 12:48 pm

thanks for the advice, already stumbled onto some of those. heres what i do
Omega 3 fatty acids/Fish oil -
vitamin e 1000 iu
vitamin c 500
B vitamin complex - and
b-6,b-12, folic acid
Calcium + Vitamin D and Magnesium -
cranberry extract, lecithin
alpha-lipioc acid 50mg

garlic oil(for cholesterol)

i also tried acetly-l-carntine and melatonin but stopped after 3 days with acetly-l-carntine 1 with melatonin. i heard they were supposed to be good for as. i recieved a massive headache with both but they kind jumpstarted parts of my brain that i never used before. i was always right-brained, and im pretty sure it turned on my left hemisphere. i was not thinking very well taking those 2, but i was desperate those i depend on didn't know squat even though told them what do and the sort of the things to look for.

Smiley
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Mar 2006, 6:58 pm

aaww that sucks,
i was misdiagnosed with cyclothymia (related to bipolar but milder) first.
stupid doctors!

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2006, 9:56 pm

I can understand this: my diagnosis of HFA wasn't believed in hospital so they tried all kinds of medications, they thought I was schizophrenic (I have never heard voices in my head), so they tried a lot of medications. One gave me Tardive Dyskinesia (very strong and noticeable twitching which still affects me sometimes), others made me into a drooling zombie too.
It seems the doctors are getting it wrong too often.
I am trying to access my records from the time I was in hospital, they seem very reluctant to give them to me. But I will not stop trying! I want them to answer for the things they did to me.
Hyperion, I hope those vitamins work for you. I lack the self-discipline to undertake something like that for myself.
Keep us updated?

ancientofdaze
Raven
Raven

20 Mar 2006, 6:06 pm

hyperion

I echo renaeden: keep us updated, yeh?
Did you get to talk to the counsellor on Thursday?
If so, hope it went well. If not, tell us what's up?
Good luck, either way.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2006, 8:32 am

That's terrible... and another example of why I dislike drugs.

I really hope things get better for you... that was a terrible mistake they made.

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2006, 6:45 pm

My parents would'nt even thinks of suing him, they thinks hes so nice and wonderful. Hes polite and he screwed me up

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2006, 6:46 pm

THey confuse being polite for being uh um good.

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2006, 10:09 am

Will i recover my personality and manner of thinking? i dont want to lose my genius

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2006, 12:12 pm

this jerk of a doctor, actually told me" you cant read because need more discliplen'"

i think i got him, he put on put on a class of medications that he had had reservations about.

and i strongly believe he treated me for something i didnt want him to treat.

he gave me those meds at least in part because it was a suppose off label cure for as.

Last edited by hyperion on 08 Apr 2006, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.