Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2006, 5:38 pm

I have this friend that I could stay with(i was out of contact with him for a long time but now i can talk) and he has a really great dad. because being hospitalized i told the counsler there about him, and now i have to take all these drugs because of my moms lies and go to this treatment program, and i think i have to worry about the state just grabbing me, what do i do? can i stay with him at some point or should i talk to some hotline? i sorry to bother i just help at its all at once. i just dont want to lose my mind or my freedom.

sc
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2006, 5:45 pm

I recommend you open the yellow pages and phone a lawyer, often they will answer questions for free. Yet I am unaware of the legalities of giving legal advise to minors from lawyers.

wandrew
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Mar 2006, 7:28 pm

If your friend will put you up, then I would do that. It sounds like he and his dad would support you at least temporarily. You could also look inthe phone book for Girls and Boys Town. They have a toll-free number. Here's the info from the website:

Call With any Problem, Anytime
1-800-448-3000 (TDD 1-800-448-1833)
Open 24 hours a day, everyday

The Girls and Boys Town National Hotline is a 24-hour crisis, resource and referral line. Trained counselors can respond to your questions every day of the week, 365 days a year. In 2004 alone, more than 510,000 children and families were helped through the Girls and Boys Town national hotline, and over the past decade, more than 6 million callers have found help at the end of the line.

Chat Room Have a cyber-chat with our Girls and Boys Town counselors.

Email send us your questions and comments.*

Confidentiality Notice: * Due to the unsecured nature of email, The Girls and Boys Town National Hotline cannot guarantee the confidentiality or the privacy of your e-mail. Please be aware that a third party could intercept your message or our response. If this is a concern for you, you may contact a Hotline counselor directly by calling 1-800-448-3000.

Right now you need to have the emotional support of a trusted adult. If you're not sure about your friend's dad, then I would consider calling the number above. Please let us know what happening, and good luck!

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 2:18 pm

i was wandering about legal trouble, im supposed go this counseling place after being held involuntarily, ii have really good insurance through my moms work and i might lose that, im not supposed to have contact with this friend.

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 2:21 pm

this has always been my problem i get indecive right toward the end start wonder well maybe it wont be so bad maybe they will come around. it doesnt help that the medication i was put on is cloudind my judgment and abillity to think things out.