I need a way to get off this medication so i can think

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 2:51 pm

I need a way to get off this medication so i can think better, its clouding my judgment my higher order thinking, my emotions. my mind needs to heal after 3 years of this garbage(i just mostlikely had enocrine problem and a vitamin and diet deffeiccincy, to much gluten). i do that i am out, but my dad is always hounding me, my mom to, i always have to justify everything to them and they do nothing of substance for me.

Sundy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Mar 2006, 5:11 pm

What kind of medication are you and what was it prescribed for? Have you tried talking to your doctor?

wandrew
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Mar 2006, 9:00 am

If you're seriously considering getting off the drugs you've been prescribed, DO NOT GO OFF COLD TURKEY. The withdrawl will be worse than the negative effects of the drugs. Consult a doctor: tell him/her how long you've been on these drugs and at what dosages. If you can't get ahold of a doctor, check out www.breggin.com or www.garynull.com -- sorry, those are the only two sites I can think of. If you have a library nearby, see if they have a copy of Your Drug May Be Your Problem: How and Why to Stop Taking Psychiatric Medications by Peter Breggin, M.D. and David Cohen, Ph.D. You can get excerpts from this book at Dr. Breggin's website. Good Luck to you!

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2006, 9:04 am

wandrew wrote:
If you're seriously considering getting off the drugs you've been prescribed, DO NOT GO OFF COLD TURKEY. The withdrawl will be worse than the negative effects of the drugs. Consult a doctor: tell him/her how long you've been on these drugs and at what dosages. If you can't get ahold of a doctor, check out www.breggin.com or www.garynull.com -- sorry, those are the only two sites I can think of. If you have a library nearby, see if they have a copy of Your Drug May Be Your Problem: How and Why to Stop Taking Psychiatric Medications by Peter Breggin, M.D. and David Cohen, Ph.D. You can get excerpts from this book at Dr. Breggin's website. Good Luck to you!
I wont go cold turkery slowly weaning off. risperdal is the nasty one, depakote is alright
but the core of my thinking structure is dimished. lorizapan(ativan)

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2006, 2:09 pm

is the effect of depokote permant after short term use?

parts
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2006, 3:31 pm

I don't know all it did with my son was make him eat and eat and eat. Try this website http://www.crazymeds.org/ its easier to read than the really techincal stuff and has links to the tech stuff if you want to try.