I am contemplating the wisdom of becoming a total recluse.

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

SirCamehan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Mar 2006, 8:46 pm

I'm at the point where I want to be a recluse to everyone..

I, over the past 48 hours:

* abused one of my closest friends over MSN Messenger. Some of the things I written were extremely hurtful.....
* completely harrassed another of my friends, when they were just trying to work out why I am in such a foul mood AND trying to help
* abused verbally one of my teachers
* threatened with force one of my friends to stuff the hell up

And I'm at the point where I never want to associate with anyone again. I feel that if I just shoot myself in the head, then their lives would be a little more pleasant :twisted:

BraveMurderDay
Toucan
Toucan

22 Mar 2006, 9:17 am

Perhaps there are some of us who would thrive better in certain prisons. We could have the routine kind of life we desire, plenty of isolation from others, no worries about going out shopping, having to get things repaired, trying to get health care. Unfortunately, I don't really have the means or bravery to get myself locked up. Certainly no connections with any bad apples anyhow. I envy a lot of prisoners, not the ones who have to stand their ground against gangs and the like while in confinement, but the ones in more secure quarters who are in solitude most of the time.

wandrew
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Mar 2006, 9:23 am

Sometimes I feel I've got to (clap, clap) run away
I've got to (clap, clap) get away

Seriously, I sometimes think that if I could get totally off by myself for six months to a year I could clear a lot of s*** out of my Communications Room. However, I think I'm far too social to be able to be isolated for that long. But I can see someone doing just that and then (possibly) writing *Also Sprach Zarathustra* for the 21st century.

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2006, 10:36 am

DOnt do it alone youll go nuts. get a few people together with you. everyone including as need to talk, you dont have to say anything important just keep talking mammals need contact, get a low key part time job where you have lots of lite human contact. just my two sense. Or maybe become a monk or a park ranger those are good reclusive jobs. close to society but right on the edge. Who said we are supposed to be social anyway. Reclusises have been some of the greatest thinkers, jesus buddha emerson thoureagh telsalol etc all left society for allwhile and came back changed for the better, who knows what you could do once can concentrate on what you want to concentrate on. it allows you to indepedantly evaulate society without being contaminated by it

ChrisPaul
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 May 2014, 5:45 am

am not a complete recluse but I have to admit.. when I'm at home, I'm not made to feel like a complete oddball all the time, which is the way Im made out to be when I am in groups or go out in public places.

At home, I can be me. No people gawking or treating me like I'm nothing. It's nice.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2014, 11:51 am

This has got to be a new record. Necro thread from 2006 8O