I HATE UNINTELLEGANT PEOPLE

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ericc
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Apr 2009, 10:38 am

It seems like I'm the only person looking after the philosophy of what's true in this world and the world seems like no matter how dumb someone is, they are the ones that most people agree with in general. I remember seeing a comic strip one time that's dear to my hard of a student answering the math question 1+1=3 and he looks at the teacher and says "I believe it is 3 and you should respect that." LOL It satirizes the point that some people believe in the most unintellegant theories and I'm afraid that's what the world is slowly resulting to that............just like the Mike Judge movie "Idiocracy".

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 10:42 am

Unintelligent people return the favor, I am sure.

Merle

ericc
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Apr 2009, 11:26 am

sinsboldly wrote:
Unintelligent people return the favor, I am sure.

Merle

I'm..not sure what you meant by that.

I believe in respect for people in terms of gender, sex, race, etc.
But when it comes to the philosophy between what's LOCALLY right and wrong should be desided by intellegant people. People's feelings get hurt all the time and lots of people don't mean too. It all depends on the ethics. If it's clear disrimination or shock value WITH absolutly NO real Point to be made, yes it deserves some questioning. But if someone made an intellegant point, sure we can respect that even if we all don't always agree.

Intellegance VS Emotional beliefs.

For Example say if someone had a fear of chickens and this person desided to complain to Animal Planet to Ban the showing of chickens on main stream media. That's his own problem, not Animal Planet.

VS

A person going on TV bullying people who don't conform to their gender roles. There's no point in bullying someone like that.

There's problems that people can change and problems that can't be changed.

That's like someone making fun of Terrorists in a Cartoon Fashion VS a Live person making fun of people with Asperger's Syndrome.

I think if people where a lot more educated and read a bit more philosophy, maybe society would be a bit more accepting.

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 11:44 am

I wish I could take psychology classes before starting college, but if I stay ditzy and oblivious, I could make a wonderful pet! :)

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 11:58 am

ericc wrote:
It seems like I'm the only person looking after the philosophy of what's true in this world and the world seems like no matter how dumb someone is, they are the ones that most people agree with in general. I remember seeing a comic strip one time that's dear to my hard of a student answering the math question 1+1=3 and he looks at the teacher and says "I believe it is 3 and you should respect that." LOL It satirizes the point that some people believe in the most unintellegant theories and I'm afraid that's what the world is slowly resulting to that............just like the Mike Judge movie "Idiocracy".

If you HATE UNINTELLEGANT PEOPLE (people with no elegance??)

how do you feel about unintelligent people?

Or for that matter, those who have the intelligence to check their spelling?

BTW, the phrase is 'dear to my heart'. Unless, of course, you were attempting to infer something naughty :wink:

In a soldier's stance, I aimed my hand
At the mongrel dogs who teach
Fearing not that I'd become my enemy
In the instant that I preach

-Bob Dylan

that's dear to my hurt. hirt. hart. (never mind.)

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 12:06 pm

I don't hate people who are unintelligent, just people who think it's cool to be unintelligent. That's the difference.

y es como un semestre"

Shayne
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Apr 2009, 1:05 pm

ericc wrote:
I remember seeing a comic strip one time that's dear to my hard of a student answering the math question 1+1=3 and he looks at the teacher and says "I believe it is 3 and you should respect that." LOL It satirizes the point that some people believe in the most unintellegant theories

this could be about those who choose to put pride in their beliefs ahead of logical conclusions.

Last edited by Shayne on 24 Apr 2009, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 1:16 pm

hate is not an intelligent word may i add

grenzer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Apr 2009, 1:25 pm

What is intelligence exactly?

I've found that there are different types and forms of intelligence. A person can excel in one form of intelligence and be completely stupid in another form. I do believe everyone is intelligent in some way (and, accordingly, we're all stupid in another way).

In addition, intelligence isn't necessarily what they teach you in school. Personally, I think 'school knowlede' is a minor form of intelligence. A person with a low grade doesn't mean that they can't live a happy fullfilling life. A grade and an IQ doesn't mean anything.

I was just remarking the other day that civilization and our human world rests on the foundations of what people created centuries ago who couldn't read, write, or even ever went to school. Everything we have is based on what they did.

For years I've been saying how ridiculous it is that in the modern world we have to have the kids go through all these years of schooling (at least 13). This is in the modern world where life is supposed to be so easy and great. But yet we have people living out in the middle of nowhere in the midst of nature, which can be quite harsh, for centuries. These people have nothing to help them, no electricity, no supermarkets, no phones, and so on. And they are living happy content lives! They never went to school, can't read, and can't write. Why do the kids nowadays in our 'advanced society' have to go through so much schooling then?

I feel sorry for kids nowadays with all the schooling they have to do. I think the schooling nowadays muddles the kids minds. In that sense, it actually makes them unintelligent in life. You see, a person can be intelligent in school and unintelligent in life and vice versa.

I think that, in the question that this post asks, we need to go beyond the word 'intelligence' and look deeper as to what it is being spoken about. I've heard similar questions asked before in the past and what I've found is that words like 'intelligence' are like doorways to deeper themes. You'll find, I think, that the emotion that brought about this question to begin with has nothing to do with intelligence at all, but something else altogether. My gut feeling is it will revolve around social problems.

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Apr 2009, 1:30 pm

Fickle_Pickle wrote:
I wish I could take psychology classes before starting college, but if I stay ditzy and oblivious, I could make a wonderful pet! :)

:lmao: :hail:

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Apr 2009, 1:38 pm

ericc wrote:

Don't fret, most people are going to get wiped out relatively soon.

Hala
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Apr 2009, 1:39 pm

I hate it when people misspell in capitals. It really annoys me, it's like the word is begging to be corrected.

UNINTELLIGENT.

Sorry, had to do it.

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Apr 2009, 1:53 pm

Hala wrote:
I hate it when people misspell in capitals. It really annoys me, it's like the word is begging to be corrected.

UNINTELLIGENT.

Sorry, had to do it.

They can always claim it was irony *shrugs* :lol:

ericc
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Apr 2009, 2:00 pm

mmm.......okay maybe I can explain it like this.

First off I'm a satirical cartoonist and I feel so frustrated when people take satirical cartoons seriously. Could cartoons offend people, sometimes yes. Does it mean to be, no. Is it a threat? No it's nothing more but drawn lines on paper. It's humor and it's fiction even if it is loosely based on something, it's only making a satirical point and amusement and if not amusement, a satirical or political opinion or point.

I hear stories of cartoonist getting arrested, supreme court, and even murdered just over a cartoon. Now LET's LOOK AT THIS LOGICALLY! People resulting in Mania over a drawing.

That's what I mean.
Logic VS Belief.
Philosophy VS. Average opinion
Political Correctness VS Philosophical TRUTH

And one more thing, my spelling is terrible so bare with me!

carzak
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Apr 2009, 2:33 pm

Quote:
And one more thing, my spelling is terrible so bare with me

I will not get naked with you because of bad spellling!

:wink:

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Apr 2009, 2:34 pm

ericc wrote:
mmm.......okay maybe I can explain it like this.

First off I'm a satirical cartoonist and I feel so frustrated when people take satirical cartoons seriously. Could cartoons offend people, sometimes yes. Does it mean to be, no. Is it a threat? No it's nothing more but drawn lines on paper. It's humor and it's fiction even if it is loosely based on something, it's only making a satirical point and amusement and if not amusement, a satirical or political opinion or point.

I hear stories of cartoonist getting arrested, supreme court, and even murdered just over a cartoon. Now LET's LOOK AT THIS LOGICALLY! People resulting in Mania over a drawing.

That's what I mean.
Logic VS Belief.
Philosophy VS. Average opinion
Political Correctness VS Philosophical TRUTH

And one more thing, my spelling is terrible so bare with me!