Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

333Onfire
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jun 2009, 5:51 pm

I am so confused and frustrated about how I always get myself into these things. I was hanging out with a bunch of friends and to me it seemed like everything was fine. then out of the blue they decided to make up this club that's sole intent was to mock me. It was a good friend of mine and a few other people that made this group. They decided who was president who was vice and all of that crap. it really hurt. So i am there and there is no way for me to leave. they say that i have to go and throw out the garbage because that is my job as the mascot. :roll: I decide that I am going to try and stand up for myself and not do it so they decide that they are going to decide to break me. They take my cell and won't give it back until I say I am sorry for making a joke about them. Now it is a power struggle. their a bunch of jerks and I really need my cell but I don't want to look like a wimp or let them win. anyway after about 10 more minutes they give it to me and I am completly humiliated and go home.

So here I am trying to figure this out. how do I get myself into these type of things. I am apparently an easy target but how do I change it. how do I grow a pair to stand up for myself. ow do I get confidence so they don't do it in the first place. How am I going to hang out with them again because there are a few I can't avoid. what do I do next time when they are joking. I am really hurt and frustrated and confused about all of these things. please help

matrixlover
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Jun 2009, 5:58 pm

a version of my high school experience. I'm still here. Alive and doing well. Those people are not your friends. Sometimes people do a great job of just looking like friends when they really use you. It's very difficult for us to tell sometimes. but when they show their true colors, it's because their character is weak and they are losers. You had wonderful intentions toward them and it's their loss.
My "friends" would taunt me in class and I just used my wonderful Aspie (not that I knew I was then) stone face. I found new friends eventually and they are still with me. We don't talk as much now as life took us in different directions but these friends take me as I am and genuinely appreciate me.

Really, our path toward real love and real freindship is no different than for an NT. We just aren't as good at keeping "fake" friendships going or manipulating others. True friendship that lasts a lifetime comes hard for lots of people, Aspie or NT, but when you do find a real friend, they will stick by you, not tease you.

CleverKitten
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2009, 7:01 pm

Those people are not your friends. Ditch them completely. Do not talk to them, do not look at them. They will not miss you.
Find new friends.

I've had a very similar experience. So I ditched those "friends." I stopped talking to them completely. They did not miss me. I found new friends.

Check out my blog: http://glanceoutthewindow.blogspot.com/

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2009, 7:58 am

CleverKitten wrote:
Those people are not your friends. Ditch them completely. Do not talk to them, do not look at them. They will not miss you.
Find new friends.

Yes yes yes.

CobaltBlew
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jun 2009, 12:55 pm

333Onfire wrote:
I am so confused and frustrated about how I always get myself into these things. I was hanging out with a bunch of friends and to me it seemed like everything was fine. then out of the blue they decided to make up this club that's sole intent was to mock me. It was a good friend of mine and a few other people that made this group. They decided who was president who was vice and all of that crap. it really hurt. So i am there and there is no way for me to leave. they say that i have to go and throw out the garbage because that is my job as the mascot. :roll: I decide that I am going to try and stand up for myself and not do it so they decide that they are going to decide to break me. They take my cell and won't give it back until I say I am sorry for making a joke about them. Now it is a power struggle. their a bunch of jerks and I really need my cell but I don't want to look like a wimp or let them win. anyway after about 10 more minutes they give it to me and I am completly humiliated and go home.

So here I am trying to figure this out. how do I get myself into these type of things. I am apparently an easy target but how do I change it. how do I grow a pair to stand up for myself. ow do I get confidence so they don't do it in the first place. How am I going to hang out with them again because there are a few I can't avoid. what do I do next time when they are joking. I am really hurt and frustrated and confused about all of these things. please help

Never underestimate a good smack in the jaw. It will put your friends in line. There are two things that could happen from that moment on if you take that option, you either get their respect or lose their friendship.

CobaltBlew
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jun 2009, 12:57 pm

And personally I wouldn't want to be friends with a bunch of losers that pick on me. There are plenty of other people around that will treat you with the respect you deserve.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2009, 1:10 am

333Onfire wrote:

Report your phone stolen to the police and press criminal charges if they take it again.Avoid them and if you can;t , go to the police and file a restraining order.They are committing criminal harassment.You can also see a lawyer for more information.They are not your friends and you have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.If they treat you like that, persue any legal means necessary to end it.You can have them see how it feels to live a nightmare by dragging them through every legal proceeding and cost them tons of money in legal costs.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2009, 1:19 am

Don't forget to chill, calm is all you need now...

pineapple
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2009, 7:52 pm

CleverKitten wrote:
Find new friends.

I've had a very similar experience. So I ditched those "friends." I stopped talking to them completely. They did not miss me. I found new friends.

Agreed. I feel like a target too, sometimes. But real friends stand up for you.