Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

squeezer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Apr 2010, 12:14 pm

An ex friend of mine told me his mother in law told him that she thinks I am a child molester. Where did that come from? This woman and her husband owe me at least two thousand dollars for my labor on their farm and house. Perhaps there ashamed they haven't paid me. I don't have children but I do mentor a 13 year old boy who has no father. Take him fishing etc. Maybe it’s because I don’t date women. A Swedish study came out a few years ago stated that eighty percent of marriages involving an autistic spouse ends in divorce. I don’t try to date because of my lack of social skills. This certainly doesn’t make me a pedophile. Having Aspergers has made keeping friends [other than the ones that use me] impossible. Must I stop mentoring the boy to stop the gossip in my small town? Perhaps I do since child abuse accusation are always in the news.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2010, 12:24 pm

It's possible the false accusation comes from you being with a 13 year old because you're a guy. It's stupid I know, there's lot of stupid people in the world.

MommyJones
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2010, 2:32 pm

I came from a small town and that is so how it is. When I moved to the city it was really nice because there are so many people, and so much diversity, that you can be invisible, and do what you want without having to deal with the whole town knowing your business and having an opinion about it. When I moved to the city it was so different. I lived in a townhouse and didn't even meet my neighbors until I got a Golden Retriever puppy and everyone had to pet her.

League_Girl is probably right, and it's the pedophiles that ruin it for nice people like you doing a good thing for a kid. If you're concerned about where the gossip can go and it causing trouble for you, just make sure you do things in public, where people can always see you. You're doing a nice thing...I would hate to see someone take that away from both of you or cause trouble that isn't there.

Good Luck! I know how that is!

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2010, 5:23 pm

Some folks are not as smart as they think they are. They see someone who is "different", has no SO, and mentors a young man- bingo! Pedophile! I agree with LG. Next time you have to see them tell them to quit saying stupid crap like that. Pedophiles are often charming and earn the trust of children and parents to make their evil plans work. They will not stick out as "strange" or awkward, like many people with Aspergers do.

Besides it will be easier for them to get out of paying you back if they demonize you.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2010, 11:10 pm

there are some real idiots out there.
I think they are saying this stuff to avoid paying you what you are owed.

I hope your reputation isn't ruined as a result of it.

squeezer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Apr 2010, 7:19 am

thanks for all your comments. if the economy was better i would sell my house. norman rockwell paintings of small town pride was the reason i moved to the small town. i am that gullible at times. yet i have had more crime against me in the town than i ever did in minneapolis. i like to take a lawn chair and watch the trains go by. the town gossips and people say i'm weird!! being an aspy i have an extreemly generous nature and have worked for a number of people who never pay. or helped me when i asked them. i am at the point of selling my house at a great loss just to move away.