Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Gehringer
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 May 2010, 1:24 pm

I'm irritated with the special education aides at my school. while they mean well, they arent nearly as smart as some of them seem to believe themselves to be, and they have an annoying habit of talking to me like I'm a kindergartner (i;'m a high school sophomore, by the way.)

i also have general issues with authority figures it probably has something to do with the fact that my elementary school principal hated me and blamed every instance of me getting beaten up on me for "being annoying" instead of the other person for, well, beating me up.

also, the only aide who i believe is actually good at her job (the head of the ASD department) is in California for a few weeks taking care of her sick mother.

anyone have any ways to deal with these people without (metaphorically) ripping someones head off?

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2010, 1:30 pm

The school year before my parents took me out to homeschool me, I was in special ed because I was still "teachable" but too agressive for a normal classroom. They wanted to send me to a school for emotionaly disturbed kids orginaly. If they would have f*****g did something about the f*****g bullying I wouldn't have been so agressive in the first place.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 4:49 am

I remember being in a special education class. I was put there because it was thought I couldn't handle the regular class. I hated being there because they make you feel like you're stupid.

what to do....
when people talk down to you, remain calm. if you do not it just reinforces their belief that they are better then you.