Frustrated and almost suicidal

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Chenjiringu
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jul 2010, 6:36 pm

Once again they have change my diagnoses. For almost 2 years they have claim to try to figure out what disorders I may have and severasl times they say that they now know the answers and then they change. I don't get any help unless meds (which I now take none) which doesn't help the slightest, actually it have made things worse several times. I have also tried DBT and that didn't help either.

I first sat my foot in the child and youth psychiatry when I was 5-6 yrears old and then they said I was just a lonely wolf with a bit of mood problems and sadness that would grow away. When I was 13 I was back there again and was diagnosed with depression and moodswings (when I was 12 I started to cut myself but I had already hurt myself the first time when I was 8). Nothing got better and the diagnos didn't change until I was 20 when I was diagniosed with borderline personality disorder - the introvert type (the depression diagnos was still there). For about 2 month ago I was diagnosed with aspergers, schizotypal personality disorder and avoidant personality disorder (the bpd diagnos and depression was still among the diagnoses). For some days ago they change the AS diagnos to ADHD with autistic traits and the bpd to bipolar disorder.

Have they decided yet what's wrong with me? Or am I gonna go through several years with feeling s**t and not being able to live a normal life and not getting the help I should?
I really can't take this anymore, all they do is talk and nothing more. Do they even realise that I have feelings and that they hurt me?

AspiInLV
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jul 2010, 7:45 pm

If you have severe social phobia, try a prescription for any medication known to have a calming effect. Psychologists are better than Psychiatrists. See a professional, because I am NOT a Psychologist

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 8:20 pm

I hope that you get the help that you need, very soon. :)

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 9:15 pm

Perhaps you should not worry about a label and just treat the symptoms?

Chenjiringu
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jul 2010, 6:22 am

AspiInLV wrote:
If you have severe social phobia, try a prescription for any medication known to have a calming effect. Psychologists are better than Psychiatrists. See a professional, because I am NOT a Psychologist

I don't have social phobia, I have avoidant personality disorder, it actually is a diference. I have a psychologist and no psychiatrist and I have taken calming meds and they don't work on me, unfortunatly.

Chenjiringu
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jul 2010, 6:24 am

Chronos wrote:
Perhaps you should not worry about a label and just treat the symptoms?

Well without any label I don't get any help here in Sweden, only antidepressants, mood stabilators, sleeping pills and calming meds and none of them works. So now I don't take any meds at all, usually I feel worse when I take meds or they doesn't help at all.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

22 Jul 2010, 12:01 am

I've had some similar problems myself Chenjiringu . I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder & told I had all the main features of Schizotypal Personality Disorder along with a sever depression & lots of other seemingly contradictory things. I'm almost certain I have AS thou the docs ruled it out when I was officially tested. I think I was suffering from a psychotic depression at the time. Anyways it's been my experience that the docs/psychs & other so-called "experts" are really clueless sometimes. The meds made things worse for me & I started getting better 1ce I got off of em. I'm not trying to be harsh here but maybe you should quit hoping the docs will help things because it sounds like they are lost. Could your depression be related to things going on in your life & past experiences :?: Meds treat chemical imbalances & not psychological causes. If that's what's going on it mite would be a good idea to try & work on em instead of taking meds. Sometimes having friends to talk to about things like that can be a big help. If you or anyone else needs/wants to talk to me about anything; feel free to PM me. I'm NO expert or anything but I believe I could of avoided the docs & meds if I had people to turn to when things started to get really bad. Sometimes support can be a major help. i really hope you feel better

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Chenjiringu
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Jul 2010, 3:14 am

nick007 wrote:
I've had some similar problems myself Chenjiringu . I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder & told I had all the main features of Schizotypal Personality Disorder along with a sever depression & lots of other seemingly contradictory things. I'm almost certain I have AS thou the docs ruled it out when I was officially tested. I think I was suffering from a psychotic depression at the time. Anyways it's been my experience that the docs/psychs & other so-called "experts" are really clueless sometimes. The meds made things worse for me & I started getting better 1ce I got off of em. I'm not trying to be harsh here but maybe you should quit hoping the docs will help things because it sounds like they are lost. Could your depression be related to things going on in your life & past experiences :?: Meds treat chemical imbalances & not psychological causes. If that's what's going on it mite would be a good idea to try & work on em instead of taking meds. Sometimes having friends to talk to about things like that can be a big help. If you or anyone else needs/wants to talk to me about anything; feel free to PM me. I'm NO expert or anything but I believe I could of avoided the docs & meds if I had people to turn to when things started to get really bad. Sometimes support can be a major help. i really hope you feel better

Thanks. I'm not sure if I have AS (I think it's more likeable that I have ADHD), but I do recognize me in some of the AS traits. Like for example the social stuff, but I think I would understand that better if it wasn't so much in my head and that if I didn't worried about being stupid and emberassed in social gatterings.

I don't know why I'm depressed, I have always been on the pesimistic side of life and easily gets anxious. And usually when I get more depressed it just come and it'snothing that have happened. I have tried "talking therapy" and DBT and nothing of that have helped me and I haven't taken any meds for about 7 month now. I don't feel any better at all with or without med, 'cause usually the meds don't do anything at all (well weightgain and dizzyness). Exept sleeping pills that do the opposit thing of what they should do.

I do have both friends, boyfirend and family but none of them really understand. But it's not their fault, they usually see me when I feel a bit better and when I visit my family I always try to be as normal as possible (they don't think I can have any severe problem at all), instead I get very grumpy and angry but that is how they have seen me most so. My boyfriend see the bad parts but he say himself that he forgett how bad I feel 'cause I don't show it and never ask for help. But showing it and ask for help would be to surrender to the bad side.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 7:28 pm

Chenjiringu wrote:

I don't have social phobia, I have avoidant personality disorder, it actually is a diference. I have a psychologist and no psychiatrist and I have taken calming meds and they don't work on me, unfortunatly.

well what do you know.. avoidant personality disorder... i never knew that existed. its spot on for me.

my mother's side of the family is from sweden... maybe its a scandinavian thing ;) ;)

Chenjiringu
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Jul 2010, 3:40 am

Dantac wrote:
Chenjiringu wrote:

well what do you know.. avoidant personality disorder... i never knew that existed. its spot on for me.

my mother's side of the family is from sweden... maybe its a scandinavian thing ;) ;)

Neither did I but I read about it when they said that I had it (or may have) and it sounded just like me (at least the social fear part of me).

Hehe maybe it is :P

marynewport
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Jul 2010, 11:23 am

I`ve been through multiple opinions and lots of disasterous med coctails till finally after several years finding one that works. You have my sympathy.
Thr best thing I`ve found is to fill myself and my time with good thought and activities till the hurtful stuff is simply crowded out. I controll my environment yet find doable challenges to keep me growing and becoming stronger.
I do not agree wil my mental health diagnosis from the public health facility. I just get what I need from them and persue my needs and also find ways to contribute to the world by my own efforts.
If knowing and understanding aspergers fits even part of you` read books on the subject. Even if you only fit part of the profile` knowing and understanding those things will help you.

I