Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

trissy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Nov 2010, 7:12 pm

even when i am basically non-functional, i keep putting on this show for my friends and family that it's all okay.

meanwhile i can't deal with the demands of everyday life. can't deal with all the other people who i'm not close to.

but i don't want to know how my friends/family would respond if they knew how i was actually doing.

sorry this is a stupid post.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 7:14 pm

It's not a stupid post.
It's good to have an outlet when you're feeling down.

Perhaps see a therapist?

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Washington state - *Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?*

09 Nov 2010, 7:47 pm

I can definitely relate...just going through the motions of day to day life. My family is concerned enough with my feeble attempts, I don't want them to know what I am really like.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 8:01 pm

Find something that means something to you. Find something you are good at or enjoy doing. I remember in 7th grade that I had depression and I felt like that. Then I took up an art class, and I found a new reason for living. Eventually, I found a lot of hobbies that made me happy, and started wanting to be friends with people. These things help me cope with school, life, and everything else. They gave me something to work for, and something to be proud of. If you can even get one hobby, it will make you so much happier. (but make sure that YOU choose it, and YOU enjoy it).

Oh, and like another poster said, it is good to let it out sometimes. Heck, I wish I had found it before now.

Hope it gets better. :thumright:

Faidin
Raven
Raven

09 Nov 2010, 8:45 pm

:flower: javascript:emoticon(':flower:')

I can relate. I hope it gets better for you, I find a doctor can help - sometimes.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 9:16 pm

Whole lotta faking going on. Facade and persona 90% of all my social interactions. Trouble handling interactions with audiences who know more than one persona.

Stress - but it buys time for dtestressing, where being known would multiply stress.

Best suggestion - seize down time.

SaNcheNuSS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2010, 4:55 am

trissy wrote:
even when i am basically non-functional, i keep putting on this show for my friends and family that it's all okay.

meanwhile i can't deal with the demands of everyday life. can't deal with all the other people who i'm not close to.

but i don't want to know how my friends/family would respond if they knew how i was actually doing.

You should let your family and friends know how you feel. Faking how you are, creates tension. As for the people who you aren't close to, they don't matter. You would be nice to invite them into your world but for now they are excluded. What is important is that those close to you know how you feel.

sharpteeth
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Nov 2010, 2:58 pm

OH GOD I completely get this.

I am everybody else's rock. Reliable, responsible, emotionless. What happens when the rock crumbles? An avalanche?

I'm so convinced all the time that I have no one, but everyone is leaning on me.

TechnicalPacifist
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2010, 4:10 pm

There is absolutely nothing stupid about this post. I think many, including I, feel this way.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2010, 5:19 pm

SaNcheNuSS wrote:
trissy wrote:

You should let your family and friends know how you feel. Faking how you are, creates tension. As for the people who you aren't close to, they don't matter. You would be nice to invite them into your world but for now they are excluded. What is important is that those close to you know how you feel.

QFT