Mysterious rashes........

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

KurtmanJP
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2006, 12:24 am

Okay, now get this. Recently, i've been breaking out in these insane rashes. It's like hives and they cover both my front and back. I live in the mountains where it's freezing in the morning and warm in the afternoon. Because of this, I always start my day off with heavy clothes like sweaters but when it gets to be afternoon, I break out like crazy. Yesterday, my mom came up with an interesting conclusion: Whenever I take a bath, I use this deodorant soap. I think the soap has some sort of chemical in it that reacts to heat and I maybe allergic to that chemical. Can you think of anything else that might be causing these rashes?

Jerm
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Dec 2006, 12:27 am

Laundry detergent.
Too much or a type that irritated your skin will remain "dry" in the cloth.
When you perspire it will activate and you are wearing soapy clothes.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2006, 3:10 am

Dryer sheets like "Bounce."

- Emerson

Emoal6
Toucan
Toucan

26 Dec 2006, 2:24 pm

You may have psoriasis. If the rashes are blotchy and seem to fade or tend be "non-existent" when your body is of normal temperature(including wearing lots of clothes in cold and not so many in warm weather). I have psoriasis and it only affects me when my body temp gets too high, it all of a sudden starts itchin and the blotches look like they've taken over my body somewhat. There are different forms of it so you may want to look into it. Thought I'd let you in on this seeing as I had to figure out myself what they hell they were!

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

26 Dec 2006, 2:33 pm

Omega-3 fish oil may help.

I watched "Erin Brockovich" a few days ago it takes place in California and some people who got sick lived near hexavalent chromium pollution.

MelancholyBunny
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2006, 7:43 pm

It could be a heat rash, if it only comes up when you get hot, does it go away when you cool down, or a couple of hours after you've got out of the sun or whatever?

Heat rash, also known as prickly heat, is like lots of little red bumps or blotches, it's winter and i can't remember exactly, and it feels like lot's of prickles on your skin (hence "prickly heat").

You should try wearing natural materials, like cotton, and loose clothing, use non-bio washing powder (not related to prickly heat but it's a common skin allergy) and keep cool and stay in the shade if possible.

Skin irritations are the worst, believe me, i have loads, especially when you consider that the epidermis is the largest organ in, or rather, out, the human body, so hope things work out for you, and remember, the worst thing you can do with skin irritations is scratch.

chrishrfrd
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Dec 2006, 9:19 am

Often skin irritations can be telling us that our kidneys or liver need a good clean.
Buy a liver clean, drink lots of water.
Stabilised oxygen applied to the skin topically 70% water 30% oxygen works wonders.
Available from your health food shop. Follow the directions or check out the stabilised oxygen
web site. Hope this helps.

Chris.