Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 6:25 am

Moving here seemed like a good idea but it definitely was not. It's classist to say so but I'm saying it anyway: this place is full of white trash. I've been poor before, downright homeless poverty, and I never acted the way these people act. I don't bother with things that don't affect me but I'm sick to death of the BS of dealing with the things that do affect me and how they can be such douchebags. I don't want to bother with too many details but I've about had my fill and am ready to blow up on somebody. It's probably going to happen today. My temperament is not helped by the fact that the IRS has had major system problems in releasing my refund. It's months overdue and it's been an ongoing issue. Every time I call, they claim to have done something and then ask that I call one week or two weeks or six weeks later for a progress update. There's no reason for the delay and this is the first time in my life I have ever experienced a problem receiving my refund. That's my moving money! It could not have been delayed on a worse year.

Greatsharkbite
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 6:55 pm

I've felt much the same. When I was 12 years old, I moved to an area mostly african american (as I am). Needless to say the kids in that area tried to fulfill as many negative stereotypes as they could. My house was robbed (after we had moved and it was planning to be sold), people would come in my back yard who I didn't know and start playing basketball there.. and everyone was just a classless jackass.

Anyway, sorry to hear you're going through something that at least sounds similar.

Andoryuu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Aug 2011, 7:38 pm

Everyone hates where I live. It's just a really weird place. If you say 'hi' to someone, they'll just look at you and keep walking. It's nothing but white trash and the school district is sadistic when it's not apathetic toward anything it does.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 8:43 pm

My kids don't go to the designated schools. I opt-in the Schools Choice program and drive them to the best schools in the district.

Andoryuu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Aug 2011, 9:56 pm

That's good.

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 9:36 am

Being so isolated makes my life a little better, such that I don't need to interact with a lot of people who are just very trivial and very insensitive. When I do get to be around them I say nothing and do nothing to get in their way. If you can deal with being isolated most of the time, it does help just to stay away.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 9:44 am

wefunction wrote:
Moving here seemed like a good idea but it definitely was not. It's classist to say so but I'm saying it anyway: this place is full of white trash. I've been poor before, downright homeless poverty, and I never acted the way these people act...

I see you've met my ex-wife.

:lol:

Seriously, I'm not all that fond of this neighborhood, either. We're the only visibly mixed-culture couple on our street, and none of the other single-culture families want anything to do with us, unless it's to park their truck so as to block our driveway, dump their trash on our lawn, or let their dogs bark for hours during the night. Their kids play in the street, and treat any attempt to drive through as an invasion on their personal property. They get drunk in public, have screaming arguments in public, and carry on their romantic activities in public.

I should put it all on YouTube.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 9:45 am

whatd you expect out of florida? good luck though.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 9:51 am

Fnord wrote:
wefunction wrote:
Moving here seemed like a good idea but it definitely was not. It's classist to say so but I'm saying it anyway: this place is full of white trash. I've been poor before, downright homeless poverty, and I never acted the way these people act...

I see you've met my ex-wife.

:lol:

Seriously, I'm not all that fond of this neighborhood, either. We're the only visibly mixed-culture couple on our street, and none of the other single-culture families want anything to do with us, unless it's to park their truck so as to block our driveway, dump their trash on our lawn, or let their dogs bark for hours during the night. Their kids play in the street, and treat any attempt to drive through as an invasion on their personal property. They get drunk in public, have screaming arguments in public, and carry on their romantic activities in public.

I should put it all on YouTube.

I'd totally watch if you made episodes for YouTube.