Being harassed and kicked out of my home

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kwilky
Raven
Raven

27 Nov 2011, 4:11 pm

I posted an ad. Managed to get a reply. I have to call her for details apparently. I have a lot of trouble with phone calls.... I wrote back asking her to call me instead. Hopefully it'll work out.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 5:14 am

kwilky wrote:
Hi. I'm staying with my grandma right now in florida. She's been harassing me and is now kicking me out of the house because I don't have a job. I am paying rent and buying my own food. I collect disability as my income. She will not accept the fact that I have a disability and doesn't want it in her house. Discrimination basically. Anyway, I'm not sure what to do. I've been looking for rooms for rent on craigslist and there are quite a lot of them but because of my disability I face discrimination and nobody wants me in their house. I've responded to a lot of ads and do not ever get a response back. I can afford the rent for all the ads I responded to so there's no real reason why I'm being ignored by people. I have until december to find a room or I'm probably going to be homeless. I don't deserve that..... I've applied for public housing but that's gonna take at least a year before I'm going to be able to get into a public housing unit.

Any advice would be nice.... I'm in the orlando area if anyone happens to have a room for rent. Slim chance I'll find something on wrongplanet but I might as well try. Thanks.

I'm really sorry. This situation is hell. I hope you get a room soon. You don't deserve to be homeless. Do you need to tell them about your aspergers? What about a room that is lockable as part of a dorm?

kwilky
Raven
Raven

30 Nov 2011, 6:14 pm

Well I got a call from someone a few days ago and today I went to check out his house. It was a great home and I would have been fine there. Only problem was he was a smoker. I can't deal with cig smoke. It'd make me very ill. Pretty bummed about that. His house was really nice and the room was perfect. I guess I get to relist my ad..... Still looking for something in daytona beach/orlando if anyone here has anything available.

Quote:
What about a room that is lockable as part of a dorm?

Like a college dorm? I didn't know you could just rent a dorm.

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 7:10 pm

kwilky wrote:
You're right, my disability is nobody's business. My source of income is though. Everyone asks what you do for work. Even if they didn't, I stay home all day. They'll wonder where I get the money for rent from. I will probably post an ad in the next few days if I have too. I prefer not to do that because of people who may just be playing around with me when they respond to the ad. There are tons of spambots and other garbage on craigslist and I'd rather respond to ads so I know the person is actually renting out a room to me. I don't have a diagnosis so I'm not entirely sure what exactly I've got. I suspect some form of autism but it may just be a personality disorder.
try getting an easy job, or a job you will like.

Catster29
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Nov 2011, 8:15 pm

I know what you mean about discrimination unfortunately and it isn't right but us aspies face it all the time I have issues with family members acting like having a meltdown is some sort of behavioural problem and not as a result of a condition. My mum verbally abuses me on occasion although she is better now. I agree try and talk to your grandma maybe give her some information on Asperger's to look at, show her this site all of these might help her to better understand but there is no guarantee like everything in life I guess.