Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

godoftruemercy
Toucan
Toucan

25 Aug 2012, 11:40 am

So, my doctors all think I have a hideous, painful, progressive illness. I can't tell anyone because it's not the kind of thing you can talk about without confirmation-it is that bad. But I have it, no two ways about it. I don't want to die a horrible death! Not into it! Not into blindness and dementia and wheelchairs and heart disease and feeding tubes! Gah!

Just had to vent.

Thumbprint
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Aug 2012, 4:41 pm

I'm very sorry to hear that. I know that there are no words that I can say that can make you feel better about this, but I wish you all the best nonetheless.

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2012, 10:43 pm

Well even if the worst was to come to pass the Dr.s are wrong all the time they told me Id be in a wheel chair by twenty five that deadline passed ten years ago.

saraip
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Aug 2012, 5:02 pm

Venting = good!!

No matter what your diagnosis, I hope you can remember to stick to the basics - get enough sleep, exercise and actually, make sure you try to "exercise" your brain as often as possible - try brushing your teeth or eating your breakfast with your left hand to build up the neural connections on the "opposite" side of your brain. Also, if you can't talk about it, read up about it and find success stories of people who have managed to deal with it.

Wishing you the best of luck!

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 7:54 pm

Thumbprint wrote:
I'm very sorry to hear that. I know that there are no words that I can say that can make you feel better about this, but I wish you all the best nonetheless.

This. :(