Whats the worst dream you ever had?

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Einschmidt
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Feb 2013, 11:08 pm

I had a REALLY bad dream last night that my mom got some sort of parasite infection that was always fatal and she had less than 2 weeks to live. Was very vivid and sad (so much that when I woke up I went to make sure she was ok).

KevinLA
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 1:34 am

I was watching television.

On the television I was watching a sporting event in a packed stadium. A man with a machine gun shooting everyone.

Suddenly, I am at the stadium and being taken downstairs when an alien is waiting to great me.

Then I wake up.

I see on the ceiling being written in white chalk, " I BE EVIL".

I called a priest because I thought I might be possessed.

Tsproggy
Toucan
Toucan

18 Feb 2013, 3:17 am

I was staying at a friend's house and that night his Mom, Grandma, and Cousin where at the table, crystals all over it, candles, and an Ouija Board in the middle. I didn't see anything else besides that but I knew they where doing creepy things so I just played games with my friend in his room. That night I had a very horrible nightmare and his cat was found dead the next morning which was very sad, I helped him bury her.

In my dream I was laying in his Grandma's bed, his grandma has this really creepy room with old fashioned dolls all over the walls looking at you. We would go in there to creep each other out sometimes but in this dream I woke up shaking, almost like I was having a concussion. My vision was mostly blurry except for what I was focusing on. I felt like I was getting colder, or dying and I pull my arm up and look at my hand, wrist, forearm, and I watch it slowly turning pale-ish grey as I'm screaming and shaking. In the dream I thought I was becoming a zombie or something somehow.

When I woke up parts of my body where numb like my arms, my stomach hurt like I had been shivering and I didn't feel good. My head was throbbing so hard I could hear my ear drums beating along with it. I was breathing hard when I woke up so I thought maybe I had been screaming.

By far the worst dream I've ever had in my whole life.

Avie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Feb 2013, 7:05 am

The worst dream I've had so far involved an apocalyptic scenario. In the dream, the earth was being destroyed and a few people were leaving so they could find a home on another planet. I wasn't one of the ones chosen to leave and neither was my son. So, as the space ship left, I was holding my son, cold water rising around us, and trying to comfort him. But there was this dread and panic as I looked down at him and realized that no matter what I did, I was about to watch him die and then follow shortly. I woke up and as soon as I could move, immediately went to check on him. I didn't go back to sleep for about 36 hours after that. I was too afraid.

I hope I never experience a dream worse than that, but when it comes to dreams, you never know. If I'd never had that dream, I'd say my worst dream is a recurring dream in which I'm being burned alive. I've had that one ever since I could remember. Bad dreams are always made a bit worse for me because I can't move for a few minutes upon waking. And sometimes, I transition from sleep to wakefulness slowly, so it's hard to tell what's real and what's not.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 8:29 am

my mother died in the year 2003.
in the year 2004 i had a very vivid dream that she did not really die, and she was sitting in a chair beside my bed.
she was talking to me as my mother would talk, and i trusted that i was mistaken in believing she died.
i listened to her for a while and i was soothed due to my thought that my idea that she had died was false,

while she was talking to me, after a while, i suddenly noticed that her teeth were not exactly the same as my mothers teeth, and i became suspicious, and then i immediately felt an electric sensation that traveled up in my spine that instantly culminated in my brain, and and all the hairs rose up on my scalp and i went beserk with a "banshee" like reaction, and i shrieked and growled like a crazed tiger hissing and spitting at her . it was the worst nightmare i ever had.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 9:35 am

b9 wrote:
in the year 2004 i had a very vivid dream that she did not really die, and she was sitting in a chair beside my bed.
she was talking to me as my mother would talk, and i trusted that i was mistaken in believing she died.
i listened to her for a while and i was soothed due to my thought that my idea that she had died was false,

while she was talking to me, after a while, i suddenly noticed that her teeth were not exactly the same as my mothers teeth, and i became suspicious, and then i immediately felt an electric sensation that traveled up in my spine that instantly culminated in my brain, and and all the hairs rose up on my scalp and i went beserk with a "banshee" like reaction, and i shrieked and growled like a crazed tiger hissing and spitting at her . it was the worst nightmare i ever had.

Wow, that sounds familiar. I had a love/hate relationship with my father and I had recurring dreams where we had buried him by mistake and he wasn't really dead. He was actually cremated. He came back as angry controlling bastard dad, not sweet philosophical dad. I always had this sick "oh no, I don't want to go through this again" feeling when he came back. Once I dreamed he was mummified.
Anyway, after 2 years of this I told him he might as well stay and he said it was time to move on and I never had one of those dreams again.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 1:34 pm

Narcotic painkillers give me nightmares. When I had shingles, I dreamed that zombies were attacking my 3 year old daughter who was across the room from me and there was a weapon in the other room that would kill them but I didn't want to leave her alone in a room full of zombies to go and get it. She was screaming, "Mommy! Save me!" But I was paralysed with fear and indecision.

After dental surgery, I dreamed I came across the burned corpse of a co-worker on Christmas Eve in the woods behind my in-laws' house.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 1:56 pm

After every one of my kids' birth, I have had nightmares about dead babies and apocalyptic scenarios.

I dreamed my firstborn was killed in a car wreck. Just a fender-bender, but enough to snap her neck in her carseat.

I dreamed about sticking my son in a roasting pan with potatoes and onions. He really did look a lot like a roasting chicken when he was tiny, and I haven't been able to really enjoy a good roast chicken since.

I had nightmares about watching my kids starve to death all through carrying my third, until she was about 15 months old. My husband didn't understand why I would get up at the crack of dawn and go to work in the garden. I gave up trying to explain.

After my last daughter was born, I dreamed about sticking her in the freezer to freeze to death because we had to feed the family something and she was the littlest. Watching the next oldest play, mentally carving her up because I know even if I boil the bones for stew the baby isn't going to feed us long.

I dream about starving kids, kids dying slowly on antipsychotics, trying to get help for my kids and no one will listen. Kids with nothing wrong with them on chemo, and no one will listen when I try to tell them they're not sick, would not be sick if they would just leave them alone.

I have recurrent nightmares of beating my stepmom's sisters to death with shovels after they ask forgiveness for the way they've treated me. Recurrent nightmares of poisoning my father-in-law's coffee, or putting rat poison in his PIC line instead of Heparin, or taking his wheelchair and leaving him in the car, in gear, on a nice steep hill. Recurrent nightmares of my husband taking the kids from me, that they are screaming after me and I cannot go to them and there is nothing I can do because of this difference I have that society insists on constructing as a disease. Recurrent dreams of overhearing my husband and father-in-law conspiring to take complete and total advantage of me-- one will be complaining that they don't have full control yet, the other one will say, "Be patient, we are very close, just a little bit longer."

I do not very much actually like going to sleep. Much safer to spend those hours "resting" with a nice book.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 2:48 pm

The worst nightmare in my life happened around 30 years ago when I lived at my father's house and I'll never forget it. I used to sleep in a double bed, (all on my own). I dreamed I was walking down a country lane with someone, it was a pleasant summers day, the birds were singing and for some odd reason food was being served at the side of the road, so I took a sandwich or two and ate them while strolling along.

Suddenly a hysterical woman ran up to me and shouted "You are psychic!" but without further explanation, and she just ran off; leaving me puzzled. I continued strolling down the lane but gradually a deep sense of unease enveloped me. There was a feeling that something evil was there, watching me, but I could not see it. I started to feel a sense of dread, like something terrible was going to happen and the feeling of deep evil all around me got worse and worse to the point I woke up from the dream in a cold sweat. I felt relieved that it was "only a dream", but the relief was short lived:

A moment after I awoke the real nightmare happened: I felt the mattress move, going down, then back up and the bed sheets move as someone got out of the other side of my bed. I was absolutely terrified out of my skin. I froze, didn't dare move or try to look, I just lay there listening in the pitch dark. Not a sound. After a few minutes I plucked up enough courage to reach out and turn on the light. Nobody was there. My door was still closed.

I was the only person in the room. I knew it wasn't my father; besides I'd have heard a noise or the door open/close. To this day I have no idea what happened.

Einschmidt
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Feb 2013, 9:37 pm

Sounds like sleep paralysis

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2013, 10:44 pm

two of 'em were recurring nightmares that made me awaken with a start, sweaty and all shook-up-

#1- trapped in dingy bathroom, having to go like crazy, so i dropped trou at the nearest stall and let fly. afterwards i flushed only the damned toilet was overloaded so it flooded the whole bathroom- i tried to escape but the doors were gone. there was no toilet plunger to unclog the flooding plug. the sewage water rose to my nostrils and threatened to engulf me totally, the turds floated and got in my ears and hair and eyes and nose, and i was jumping up trying to get my nostrils above the stinky sewage water, and yelling HELP HELP!! !

#2- same dingy bathroom only no sewage, just a bunch of cobwebs with still-living trapped buggies wriggling and trying to free themselves from the encroaching monsterous spiders. the room filled up with all kinds of grotesque bugs, like they were materializing out of thin air- they got several feet thick and were oozing out of the walls floor and ceiling as well, they were climbing up my pant legs and i only had a little whisk broom with which to fend them off. they were biting me all over. i awoke screaming from this one.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 12:37 am

The most frightening nightmare I ever had was when I was in first grade. Basically, I was left alone in the car while my mother was shopping in the store (which is something she NEVER would have done), and a creepy old man forced his way into the car and abducted me. I woke up shortly after he dragged me out of the car, but I remember feeling very disturbed by that nightmare.

I guess another nightmare I had (about the same time) was when my father took me to a restaurant, and he starts talking to a bunch of guys there, and I was left alone in this weird place full of older guys that I did not know. Near the end of the dream, I get told that I am going to be killed, and my father just stood there, knowing he was going to be killed alongside me, and he passively accepts the scenario. That was a pretty disturbing dream, as well.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 1:24 am

I had a dream a couple of years ago in the summertime that I was browsing through the News And Current Events section of WP. The title of one of the threads read, Mick Avory Passed Away. I opened the thread to find it was true. Thank God it was only a dream. I was still vengeful towards my mum at that point and I had a few energy drinks during the day.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 8:28 am

Aimless wrote:
b9 wrote:

Wow, that sounds familiar. I had a love/hate relationship with my father and I had recurring dreams where we had buried him by mistake and he wasn't really dead. He was actually cremated. He came back as angry controlling bastard dad, not sweet philosophical dad. I always had this sick "oh no, I don't want to go through this again" feeling when he came back. Once I dreamed he was mummified.
Anyway, after 2 years of this I told him he might as well stay and he said it was time to move on and I never had one of those dreams again.

i guess the scary part of your dream was that your father in real life was a nice father, and he came back as a bad person who you did not recognize even though he looked the same as your real father.

it would be a challenge to ones self identity to dream of people you loved who died , returning as evil people after their death.

i think that is where the similarity lies. i went beserk with feral rage in my dream where i discovered that my "mother" was not real and it was the feeling of the scathing mental reaction i had in the dream when i realized she was not my mother that was the scariest feeling. i never knew i could be so feral like a tasmanian devil in a fight to the death with what i was so afraid of.

every hair on my head and my skin was raised, and i bared my teeth to it( like a hyena who wants to bite a lion who is considering attacking it) and i thought "bring it on!! !! !!" because i will vanquish you". it is like a major electric current that was suddenly infused into to my brain that caused me to be unworldly in my reaction. it was exceptionally scary to me. i hate adrenalin.

anyway, i am not plagued by those types of thoughts ever except once in a dream.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 8:34 am

b9 wrote:
Aimless wrote:
b9 wrote:

i guess the scary part of your dream was that your father in real life was a nice father, and he came back as a bad person who you did not recognize even though he looked the same as your real father.

it would be a challenge to ones self identity to dream of people you loved who died , returning as evil people after their death.

i think that is where the similarity lies. i went beserk with feral rage in my dream where i discovered that my "mother" was not real and it was the feeling of the scathing mental reaction i had in the dream when i realized she was not my mother that was the scariest feeling. i never knew i could be so feral like a tasmanian devil in a fight to the death with what i was so afraid of.

every hair on my head and my skin was raised, and i bared my teeth to it( like a hyena who wants to bite a lion who is considering attacking it) and i thought "bring it on!! !! !!" because i will vanquish you". it is like a major electric current that was suddenly infused into to my brain that caused me to be unworldly in my reaction. it was exceptionally scary to me. i hate adrenalin.

anyway, i am not plagued by those types of thoughts ever except once in a dream.

Well, kind of. I thought I remembered you saying you did not have a good relationship with your mother but I can see how meeting an imposter would be frightening. If there's one thing I've learned about people from knowing my father is that no one is ever completely bad or completely good. My father was a good man but I think he suffered from untreated depression and I truly believe he was on the spectrum. He was not designed to be the father of 5 children and stress would cause him to lash out and be very hurtful. Once he had me in tears (at age 21) for forgetting to wipe a counter top. When he died he was a weak shell of himself. He was 62 but looked 92. I think in my dream I was remembering all the times I was so afraid of him. He actually told me once that he decided that verbal abuse was a better option than physical abuse. I was an adult before I asked myself why there had to be any abuse at all. That makes him sound like a bad person but he was equally good. He loved animals so much he was against having them as pets as he believed it was disrespectful to their true nature. He was a champion for the environment years before it was on anyone's radar. He taught me some important values I still hold today. If I was sad and lonely at college he would talk to me as long as I needed. He was a complicated man. The father that came back in my dream was "angry dad" who was looking for a fight. I used to be able to tell his mood just by his posture.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 12:30 pm

There is solace is knowing that many of our worst dreams are 'neural discharge' but, at the same time, it's hard to dismiss such nightmares.

Almost 3 years I had an awful dream. First, for background, I do have a bear (named Gottfried) and I am private about him. He's like a roommate for me and so much fun. In fact, G. and I have spent many of our holidays alone together. Anyway, about that dream: I was outside walking in a desolate field of snow. It was nighttime dark but still light enough that I could see - - G. had somehow followed me out to that field (and he's not supposed to be out). After circling through the field, I spotted G. again. Someone, a shadowy figure, had stabbed my teddy bear in the back. He was gushing blood in the snow. I woke up crying, not understanding how a stranger could prey upon an innocent bear.